HiBy Digital M300 Android Digital Audio Player,"The Gen-Z Music Player" - Discussion thread
Dec 30, 2023 at 2:02 AM Post #317 of 614
Hi guys!
forgive me for my not very good English)
I'm going to buy an M300 for myself. I have several questions:
- I will mainly use Spotify and Deezer on the M300. Does the previously mentioned SRC play a role for these services? As far as I know, Spotify Premium produces mp3 quality of 320 kbps and you don’t have to bother with resampling? I previously listened to Spotify on my smartphone and the sound quality suits me. I just want a separate device for music.
- do Google services affect the battery charge? Is it possible to remove unnecessary applications?
- in my version of using the M300, a DAC via wire or Bluetooth and an amplifier will be used. Has anyone tried listening to the M300 this way? I understand that the final volume is controlled by the amplifier? Does the M300 have a line-out audio function? So there is such a switch in the settings?
- Is there enough volume to rock my Sennheiser HD25 and Superlux 668?
thank you for your attention)
Hi @UPitus

My setup is M300 - usbc to printer usb B - ifi air dac - phono leads - creek OBH2 headphone amp - headphone jack to phono lead - denon amp - speakers

It sounds amazing to me ! The headphone amp isn’t essential i just like to tinker and have convinced myself it sounds warmer than ifi dac to denon amp without creek headphone amp

(The M300 has equalizer options i think - i will be looking at these too)
The volume works on all the devices mentioned ( M300, ifi, Creek, Denon)

I have not reset any line out settings either

(Also I ditched Spotify. I tried multiple apps for hi res - qobuz, Apple Music Bandcamp and Amazon music. Not Tidal ss they use odd files for my liking

Surprisingly the Amazon music app sounds best on my setup. Not sure why but Mrs Danvr41 agrees as an independent witness and long sufferer of my tinkering

I love the ethos of Bandcamp- you essentially buy from the Artist- but their app only plays MP3. They allow hi res downloads and hence why I bought the M300)

Best wishes

Dec 30, 2023 at 6:55 AM Post #318 of 614
Hi @UPitus

My setup is M300 - usbc to printer usb B - ifi air dac - phono leads - creek OBH2 headphone amp - headphone jack to phono lead - denon amp - speakers

It sounds amazing to me ! The headphone amp isn’t essential i just like to tinker and have convinced myself it sounds warmer than ifi dac to denon amp without creek headphone amp

(The M300 has equalizer options i think - i will be looking at these too)
The volume works on all the devices mentioned ( M300, ifi, Creek, Denon)

I have not reset any line out settings either

(Also I ditched Spotify. I tried multiple apps for hi res - qobuz, Apple Music Bandcamp and Amazon music. Not Tidal ss they use odd files for my liking

Surprisingly the Amazon music app sounds best on my setup. Not sure why but Mrs Danvr41 agrees as an independent witness and long sufferer of my tinkering

I love the ethos of Bandcamp- you essentially buy from the Artist- but their app only plays MP3. They allow hi res downloads and hence why I bought the M300)

Best wishes
thank you for your feedback :wink:
today I order M300

Dec 30, 2023 at 9:21 AM Post #319 of 614
I like how I have a great volume room in my surfans f20, compared to my cellphone. In cellphone I have few volume levels and I need to up the volume to almost full. In surfans 60% volume is already really good. I guess that means that surfans has more power. But I cant determine what metric this "more power" corresponds to. So I cant compare to the m300. Just to clarify I only use iems. Would the m300 have a lot of "space" to adjust the volume too? using iems

Dec 30, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #320 of 614
I like how I have a great volume room in my surfans f20, compared to my cellphone. In cellphone I have few volume levels and I need to up the volume to almost full. In surfans 60% volume is already really good. I guess that means that surfans has more power. But I cant determine what metric this "more power" corresponds to. So I cant compare to the m300. Just to clarify I only use iems. Would the m300 have a lot of "space" to adjust the volume too? using iems
Through my IEMs (Westone W80--you can look up their sensitivity ratings and compare to your IEMs), I am comfortable around 30-40%.

Dec 30, 2023 at 7:43 PM Post #322 of 614
Received mine today. Is there a setup guide? Link please.
Pretty straightforward. Load SD card in with music, plug in, play.

I recommend Musicolet as an app. I don’t like the Hiby app

I also prefer taking the card out to transfer files. Using the Hiby m300 as a card reader is slower

Dec 30, 2023 at 9:33 PM Post #323 of 614
Pretty straightforward. Load SD card in with music, plug in, play.

I recommend Musicolet as an app. I don’t like the Hiby app

I also prefer taking the card out to transfer files. Using the Hiby m300 as a card reader is slower
It is...I've done both updates...downloaded Muscicolet and Bose music app. The Bose Ultras support BT aptX Adaptive and so does the M300. How do I engage? I've looked in settings on both. On the M300 settings > Bluetooth > Bluetooth Audio Settings > Bluetooth Audio Codec.....all but SBS and AAC are whited out.
What to do to enable BT aptX Adaptive?

Dec 30, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #324 of 614
Try developer settings or Bluetooth codec changer app.

Dec 30, 2023 at 9:46 PM Post #325 of 614
It is...I've done both updates...downloaded Muscicolet and Bose music app. The Bose Ultras support BT aptX Adaptive and so does the M300. How do I engage? I've looked in settings on both. On the M300 settings > Bluetooth > Bluetooth Audio Settings > Bluetooth Audio Codec.....all but SBS and AAC are whited out.
Are the other Bluetooth options greyed out even after connected to the Bose ultras?

Dec 31, 2023 at 6:37 AM Post #327 of 614
have you updated to the latest firmware?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 31, 2023 at 6:46 AM Post #328 of 614
have you updated to the latest firmware?
Speaking of firmware, did you get a chance to check if this device receives any future android releases? Will it be same like other Hiby DAPs where the android version is never updated.

Dec 31, 2023 at 6:52 AM Post #329 of 614
Speaking of firmware, did you get a chance to check if this device receives any future android releases? Will it be same like other Hiby DAPs where the android version is never updated.
The answer to that lies in the future. The OG R6 did get an update from Android 6 to Android 8. It's certainly not our policy to never update the android version. We'll just have to see what it involves in each case.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back