HiBy Digital M300 Android Digital Audio Player,"The Gen-Z Music Player" - Discussion thread
Dec 29, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #301 of 614
Hi

First post here, I have been grateful for this thread. I do love my M300 but have trouble with HibyMusic app recognising WAV or Flac digital downloads from Bandcamp. The main reason I bought this player As I essentially purchase files from the Artists. The downloads appear in “folders” search section of Hibymusic but as “unknown” so not searchable by Artist. I have tried 2 seperate file manager apps too. So I download from Bandcamp on Windows, extract the zip file from download folder on Laptop and then copy and paste the non zip album folder to the M300 device - I have tried internal disc and sd card. I have tried download folder and music folder in the both internal and sD card M300 folders. Am I expecting the impossible? (I have even tried a Macbook) Any advice welcome please
Do these downloaded tracks have the right tags? On your PC player, does the artist/album name appear? If it doesn't then it's an issue with the file itself.

Dec 29, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #303 of 614
Anyone used M300 with Cayin Ru7 dongle? Are you facing popping/clickling sound?
I just tried the Ru7 with M300 using the Hiby Music, it produces the popping sound randomly.
Hi.
I've just got M300 and RU7. I have a similar issue. In dsd64 mode it's better, in dsd256 mode much worse.
I think it's because RU7 needs more amperes than M300 can give.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #304 of 614
Hi

First post here, I have been grateful for this thread. I do love my M300 but have trouble with HibyMusic app recognising WAV or Flac digital downloads from Bandcamp. The main reason I bought this player As I essentially purchase files from the Artists. The downloads appear in “folders” search section of Hibymusic but as “unknown” so not searchable by Artist. I have tried 2 seperate file manager apps too. So I download from Bandcamp on Windows, extract the zip file from download folder on Laptop and then copy and paste the non zip album folder to the M300 device - I have tried internal disc and sd card. I have tried download folder and music folder in the both internal and sD card M300 folders. Am I expecting the impossible? (I have even tried a Macbook) Any advice welcome please
Update - I tried MP3Tag as per @vokain post #238 in this thread. The convert suggestion didn’t work for me but manually adding Artist and Albumartist did ! A very long winded way around but a solution (the quicker solution is to create a playlist from the Bandcamp downloads that only appear in “folders” in Hibymusic unless I manually add info via MP3 Tag.

Thank you @vokain 👍

Dec 29, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #305 of 614
Hi

Have you look at the tags of these files? HiByMusic, like any other player use tags embbeded in each file to know the Artist name, track name, track number, etc. What you describe looks like files that are not tagged or the tags are not the ones HiByMusic expects…

Something like mp3tag is a great tool to sort that out. I believe there is no good way to tag Wav files, so you may have to rely on the SD folder/file structure for those…

Edit: already answered!

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2023 at 2:19 PM Post #306 of 614
Hi

Have you done a music scan? If you have done so already, looks like the music you got from them is untagged and you need to manually tag them using e.g. mp3tag (which can handle wav and flac as well)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 29, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #307 of 614
Hi guys!
forgive me for my not very good English)
I'm going to buy an M300 for myself. I have several questions:
- I will mainly use Spotify and Deezer on the M300. Does the previously mentioned SRC play a role for these services? As far as I know, Spotify Premium produces mp3 quality of 320 kbps and you don’t have to bother with resampling? I previously listened to Spotify on my smartphone and the sound quality suits me. I just want a separate device for music.
- do Google services affect the battery charge? Is it possible to remove unnecessary applications?
- in my version of using the M300, a DAC via wire or Bluetooth and an amplifier will be used. Has anyone tried listening to the M300 this way? I understand that the final volume is controlled by the amplifier? Does the M300 have a line-out audio function? So there is such a switch in the settings?
- Is there enough volume to rock my Sennheiser HD25 and Superlux 668?
thank you for your attention)
1. 320kbps is the bitrate, which is not the sample rate. Their sample rate is 44.1kHz which will be resampled to 48kHz on smartphones and 192kHz on the M300.
2. you can disable unnecessary apps.
3. Yes, the final volume will be controlled by the amplifier (and DAC, in your separate devices). These will bypass the DAC in the M300 so there's no need for a line out setting.
4. Again, the final volume will be controlled by your separate devices. But if you were plugging them right onto the M300 I would also say yes.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 29, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #308 of 614
1. 320kbps is the bitrate, which is not the sample rate. Their sample rate is 44.1kHz which will be resampled to 48kHz on smartphones and 192kHz on the M300.
2. you can disable unnecessary apps.
3. Yes, the final volume will be controlled by the amplifier (and DAC, in your separate devices). These will bypass the DAC in the M300 so there's no need for a line out setting.
4. Again, the final volume will be controlled by your separate devices. But if you were plugging them right onto the M300 I would also say yes.
thanks for the answer, Joe :wink:

Dec 29, 2023 at 5:40 PM Post #309 of 614
FWIW, I’m really happy with Musicolet. Fully featured app, well designed. Better than PowerAmp. I actually got a refund from PowerAmp because you can’t batch edit multiple songs’ tags which is absurd

I bought Musicolet afterwards to support multiple artist tagging

Dec 29, 2023 at 6:45 PM Post #312 of 614
So much I don’t understand about this, but I find it fascinating. Can you share why you decided to go with the 192 kHz re-sampling rather than the typical android 48? Thank you!
Because you don’t lose quality really upsampling from there as I think 48 fits in 192, but you do when you downsample from 192, as is the case with some of my music. I think you may have some degradation going from 44.1khz to 192khz because they’re not perfectly divisible. I don’t really know.

I could care less about the quality of lossy spotify music or system notifications, but I would be perturbed if I couldn’t play hi res music without it being degraded before the analog conversion

I have fairly basic understanding of this so please correct if wrong or incomplete

This may have more info
https://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

I think with modern day processing, you don’t lose any quality going up from 44.1 or 48 to 192, but you do lose some information going down from 192 to 48

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2023 at 9:36 PM Post #314 of 614
Update: I have retried ru7 one more time and it's not producing any issue now. I listened with volume under 50

gnohp, it's interesting information. I'm probably going to investigate M300 and RU7 interaction more. But I've already find out that RU7 is kinda picky and doesn't work with some devices and USB cables at all.

Dec 30, 2023 at 1:42 AM Post #315 of 614
Have you look at the tags of these files? HiByMusic, like any other player use tags embbeded in each file to know the Artist name, track name, track number, etc. What you describe looks like files that are not tagged or the tags are not the ones HiByMusic expects…

Something like mp3tag is a great tool to sort that out. I believe there is no good way to tag Wav files, so you may have to rely on the SD folder/file structure for those…

Edit: already answered!
Thanks for responding. I really appreciate it.MP3tag is definitely useful. I didn’t consider WAV as a reason for the issue,thanks. As Bandcamp allows downloads in Flac , ALAC,WMA etc formats - you can choose - I will investigate 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back