HiBy Digital M300 Android Digital Audio Player,"The Gen-Z Music Player" - Discussion thread
Dec 27, 2023 at 11:51 PM Post #271 of 614
You are only get bit-perfect from USB-C DAC, not the 3.5mm, the 3.5mm still going to Android's SRC AFAIK
Have you checked the UAPP?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro&hl=en&gl=US

You can try purchase them, if not satisfy you can refund it :) UAPP also have bit-perfect feature
I don't understand. I got this M300 with the Cirrus CS43131 chip so I could play 32bit 384k audio (24bit 192khz, to be honest) . Why the **** would I need another USB-C DAC

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2023 at 12:02 AM Post #272 of 614
Bro why don't you do yourself a favour and use another app and see if your tagging problems are alleviated?
Musicolet does not parse my files incorrectly. Everything is where it should be in there. It also seems to have a very likable UI.

Hiby has problems parsing symbols in their music library. This shoddy programming certainly reflects with how they do things in general.

At lease I wasn't going insane because of something I did wrong. They say this this was designed for Gen Z. More like this thing was designed by zoomers.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2023 at 12:06 AM Post #273 of 614
Hi @Joe Bloggs, I forgot 1 "bad" thing in M300 currently, that's is when you locked your screen, if you want to decrease/increase volume, you have to press the volume button many times until it met the satisfy volume. Can you ask dev to bring ability to hold volume button to decrease/increase volume rather than press? :frowning2:
I would strongly avoid this behavior. To my taste volume step customisation is more appropriate.

Dec 28, 2023 at 12:06 AM Post #274 of 614
Of course I am.

One more thing I love about this DAP is how other people reaction, even my seller.
They have seen tons of big chunky DAP, and when they see M300, they are totally surprise how small it is (most of them said it's cute lol), also the smoothness of the SD chip & Android OS, also the power of it, it can even drive my HD600 loud enough :)
Oh good to know. Have a 660S2 cans. Also have a hibyfc6 dongle whose sound I love. At the risk of battery drain, I can attach that as well to this, I guess.. may be... Thanks though.. buying now.

Dec 28, 2023 at 12:17 AM Post #276 of 614
You are only get bit-perfect from USB-C DAC, not the 3.5mm, the 3.5mm still going to Android's SRC AFAIK
Have you checked the UAPP?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro&hl=en&gl=US

You can try purchase them, if not satisfy you can refund it :) UAPP also have bit-perfect feature
While using apps like UAPP or Neutron player which support bit perfect, does M300 throw a popup asking for USB exclusive mode when connected to an external DAC? A screenshot showing this would be of much help as this is a major deciding factor for me.
Asking because received multiple varying opinions about resampling, bit perfect etc.,

Dec 28, 2023 at 12:18 AM Post #278 of 614
Dec 28, 2023 at 12:18 AM Post #279 of 614
While using apps like UAPP or Neutron player which support bit perfect, does M300 throw a popup asking for USB exclusive mode when connected to an external DAC? A screenshot showing this would be of much help as this is a major deciding factor for me.
Asking because received multiple varying opinions about resampling, bit perfect etc.,
I did not try Neutron, but UAPP has that pop up :)

Dec 28, 2023 at 12:20 AM Post #280 of 614
Dec 28, 2023 at 6:10 AM Post #281 of 614
I don't understand. I got this M300 with the Cirrus CS43131 chip so I could play 32bit 384k audio (24bit 192khz, to be honest) . Why the **** would I need another USB-C DAC
It doesn't play 384kHz audio bit-perfectly through the onboard headphone jack. The only audio it plays bit perfectly is 192kHz audio. But this makes no audible difference to the final result--because it all needs to be converted to analogue in the end, there are no "bits" in what you're hearing. What's important is that what goes in digitally is accurately converted into analogue, and your ears stop responding at 20kHz while the player is capable of reproducing highly accurately up to 96kHz, whatever the input sample rate is.

Of course I am paid to say that it does matter in the other rooms where DTA (Direct Transport Audio) is programmed in, and tell people this is the price you have to pay for bitperfect audio when some ordinary Android apps crap out trying to navigate the nonstandard audio backend on those. But guess which side my true beliefs lie.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 28, 2023 at 7:18 AM Post #282 of 614
Apologies if this has been already discussed. Pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated: is it possible to download music from Apple Music onto the microSD card? And is the lossless / HiRes music from Apple Music compressed or modified by the DAP? Many thanks!

Dec 28, 2023 at 7:48 AM Post #283 of 614
Apologies if this has been already discussed. Pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated: is it possible to download music from Apple Music onto the microSD card? And is the lossless / HiRes music from Apple Music compressed or modified by the DAP? Many thank
First is possible. Just saw in the comment section below the review here stating that's possible

Second I don't know.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2023 at 7:58 AM Post #284 of 614
It doesn't play 384kHz audio bit-perfectly through the onboard headphone jack. The only audio it plays bit perfectly is 192kHz audio. But this makes no audible difference to the final result--because it all needs to be converted to analogue in the end, there are no "bits" in what you're hearing. What's important is that what goes in digitally is accurately converted into analogue, and your ears stop responding at 20kHz while the player is capable of reproducing highly accurately up to 96kHz, whatever the input sample rate is.

Of course I am paid to say that it does matter in the other rooms where DTA (Direct Transport Audio) is programmed in, and tell people this is the price you have to pay for bitperfect audio when some ordinary Android apps crap out trying to navigate the nonstandard audio backend on those. But guess which side my true beliefs lie.
Thank you Joe. That makes me happier!
The other programs you mention, like Musicolet, do you know if they output to the DAC at 192khz for the purest delivery before the DAC process? Or do they go through android SRC and are downsampled to 48khz or whatever before the conversion?

Musicolet allows me to output to the Musicolet decoder, or the system decoder. I chose system decoder. Would this be best?

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2023 at 8:22 AM Post #285 of 614
Thank you Joe. That makes me happier!
The other programs you mention, like Musicolet, do you know if they output to the DAC at 192khz for the purest delivery before the DAC process? Or do they go through android SRC and are downsampled to 48khz or whatever before the conversion?

Musicolet allows me to output to the Musicolet decoder, or the system decoder. I chose system decoder. Would this be best?
The Android SRC on M300 has been reprogrammed to be to 192kHz and employ higher quality resampling. So if the app hands raw audio data to "Android SRC" that's what it will be resampled to, high quality 192kHz.

Now, I can't rule out the possibility that some idiotic app will assume that Android will always be at 44.1 or 48kHz and do some smart Alec act of resampling within the app to that before handing to Android, but I would think any semi competent app would query Android for the actual SRC sample rate before trying to one-up it in quality internally.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back