HiBy Digital M300 Android Digital Audio Player,"The Gen-Z Music Player" - Discussion thread
Nov 23, 2023 at 11:01 PM Post #91 of 715
Mine arrived today, been having some fun with different combinations of kit. I own a Hyby R3 Saber 2022 and was always not quite happy with it. I wanted to dable in android based DAPs but they were way to expensive for my needs (I use it mostly as a transport for other devices). So along came the M300 and so far, I'm loving it.

9hoS5g0.jpeg

So far I've played with a Cayin RU6, Questyle M15 and WooAudio Tube Mini, as well as straight from the 3.5mm on a variety of headphones and IEMs. I've had zero issues driving any of my gear. There's quite a power draw on the Tube Mini as expected but it works fine with an OTG charge adapter (using the DDHifi TC28CPro).

I'll be putting it through its paces over the next week or so but so far loving the responsiveness of the UI and it sounds absolutely fine so far.

Nov 24, 2023 at 4:03 AM Post #92 of 715
So... the ones that are right now being used as play / pause and next I suppose?

Only the Fn button is assignable, I will talk to the team about adding Prev as an option. It does seem like an obvious option to have, if it's not yet available.
Exactly, those buttons.
I appreciate if you do that.
Thank you!

Nov 24, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #94 of 715
I have returned two units to Amazon because I had noticed on each that when using Spotify or Tidal, the volume rockers would not function if the apps were open and running visually. Yet if they were minimized the volume rocker would work correctly. Has anyone else come across this issue?

Nov 24, 2023 at 10:47 PM Post #95 of 715
I have returned two units to Amazon because I had noticed on each that when using Spotify or Tidal, the volume rockers would not function if the apps were open and running visually. Yet if they were minimized the volume rocker would work correctly. Has anyone else come across this issue?
I don't have Tidal but I can confirm that in Spotify when first starting it up, non of the buttons work. If I minimise it, they work and if I go back to the app it works. This only happens in Spotify, Qobuz, UAPP, Roon, Roon Arc, Hiby Music, Bandcamp, YT Music all work normally.

Nov 26, 2023 at 5:43 AM Post #96 of 715
Is the direct headphone output of M300 significantly worse in terms of quality? I do not ask about raw driving power.
Does it hiss with sensitive IEM? Or is it "good enough" portable player?

I think that this M300 is the only real hope to replace V30 for me as a portable player with modern ergonomics. V30 does not have the BT receiver feature, but most of deditaced DAPs are really slow.

Nov 26, 2023 at 5:57 AM Post #97 of 715
Is the direct headphone output of M300 significantly worse in terms of quality? I do not ask about raw driving power.
Does it hiss with sensitive IEM? Or is it "good enough" portable player?

I think that this M300 is the only real hope to replace V30 for me as a portable player with modern ergonomics. V30 does not have the BT receiver feature, but most of deditaced DAPs are really slow.
Personally I've not experienced any noise floor from the 3.5mm output and its driven all my IEMs without any problems at all. Its also driven most of my headphones as acceptable levels. The M300 now live on my office desk as my everyday music device.

Nov 27, 2023 at 1:31 AM Post #98 of 715
edit - delete. Got a response via email.

Nov 27, 2023 at 5:45 AM Post #99 of 715
Some notes for a possible update:
- there is no previous option;
- if you use the fn button for the lock buttons and actived this the earphone buttons don't work;
- the earphone buttons don't always work with the screen off with tidal and google podcasts apps at least;
- the hibymusic app started to play on the backround when played other apps even if i didn't open the hibymusic app after the turn on;
- if you choose to turn off the side light and them turn off and on the device, the side light will be on even if in the device definitions is off.

Also we need a protetive case please :L3000:

Nov 27, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #100 of 715
Currently syncing my music library from MediaMonkey Windows to MediaMonkey Android on my new M300. Should I expect any compromises with my overall playback experience?

Edit: the sync failed. I'm having better success syncing to the micro SD card that will go into the player later.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 6:46 AM Post #101 of 715
Currently syncing my music library from MediaMonkey Windows to MediaMonkey Android on my new M300. Should I expect any compromises with my overall playback experience?
No, not if you mean the sampling, that's the same with any app.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 29, 2023 at 11:46 PM Post #102 of 715
If it does have SRC bypass on streaming apps like Apple Music, and has more RAM than the Sony, then these are two massive upgrades in my book.
I'm not sure if M300 has more RAM? The comparison based on what I can gather is as follows:

A306M300
Dimension98.4 x 56.5 x 11.8 mm113 x 58 x 13 mm
Weight113g136g
Screen size3.6"4"
Resolution1280 x 7201280 x 640
Screen techTFTIPS
CPUQCS2290 (Cortex A53, 4 core x 1.8Ghz)Qualcomm 665 (Kryo 260, 4 core Cortex A73 x 2Ghz, 4 core Cortex A53 x 1.8Ghz)
GPUAdreno 702 (up to 845Mhz)Adreno 610 (up to 950Mhz)
RAM4GB3GB
Storage32GB32GB
Geekbench CPU185 / 470305 / 1240
Bluetooth profileSBC, LDAC, aptX, aptX HD, AACLDAC, AAC and SBC and will receive aptX support via a future firmware update
Battery1,500 mAh2,000 mAh
SpeakerNoYes

Now, A306 is about AUD100 cheaper than M300 in Australia (ie about 25% cheaper), which is a consideration.

I do intend to use the DAP for bluetooth headphones as well, so lack of any AptX support is slightly concerning.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2023 at 1:41 AM Post #103 of 715
Somewhat off-topic, but I'm currently unable to properly enjoy the M300. Not because there's something wrong with the hardware, but because in the process of bringing my offline library over from iTunes to MediaMonkey, my tags got all screwed over. And there is something wrong with syncing between MM Windows and MM Android.

So yeah...it's back to making sure the tags are properly implemented this time.

Dec 1, 2023 at 5:08 AM Post #104 of 715
Mine arrived today, been having some fun with different combinations of kit. I own a Hyby R3 Saber 2022 and was always not quite happy with it. I wanted to dable in android based DAPs but they were way to expensive for my needs (I use it mostly as a transport for other devices). So along came the M300 and so far, I'm loving it.

9hoS5g0.jpeg

So far I've played with a Cayin RU6, Questyle M15 and WooAudio Tube Mini, as well as straight from the 3.5mm on a variety of headphones and IEMs. I've had zero issues driving any of my gear. There's quite a power draw on the Tube Mini as expected but it works fine with an OTG charge adapter (using the DDHifi TC28CPro).

I'll be putting it through its paces over the next week or so but so far loving the responsiveness of the UI and it sounds absolutely fine so far.
Such an awesome setup!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back