HiBy Digital M300 Android Digital Audio Player,"The Gen-Z Music Player" - Discussion thread
Dec 1, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #106 of 715
I now have a m300 to use when outdoors, rather than take my R6P2 out, which whilst pocketable, is bulkier, heavier and the battery doesn’t last as long.

It’s obviously not as good as the R6P2, but then it’s a third of the price, and for that - it’s excellent value.

It doesn’t have balanced output, but tbh it’s really a none issue for me - even with my 4.4mm cables, using a simple 4.4mm female to 3.5mm adaptor solves the issue.

It even drives my most power hungry iem’s - HSE and MMK3 and outputs more than required volume levels.

One negative thing, the lack of a physical previous track button, is really annoying.

Attachments

• IMG_1520.jpeg
    IMG_1520.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1521.jpeg
    IMG_1521.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1522.jpeg
    IMG_1522.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 1, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #107 of 715
I now have a m300 to use when outdoors, rather than take my R6P2 out, which whilst pocketable, is bulkier, heavier and the battery doesn’t last as long.

It’s obviously not as good as the R6P2, but then it’s a third of the price, and for that - it’s excellent value.

It doesn’t have balanced output, but tbh it’s really a none issue for me - even with my 4.4mm cables, using a simple 4.4mm female to 3.5mm adaptor solves the issue.

It even drives my most power hungry iem’s - HSE and MMK3 and outputs more than required volume levels.

Yes the M300 drove all my iems without any issues too. Just keep the media and master volume thing in mind as quite a few missed it (including me at first glance)

Btw that blue M300 and the purple RS6 pro 2 looks really good?

Dec 1, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #108 of 715
Yes the M300 drove all my iems without any issues too. Just keep the media and master volume thing in mind as quite a few missed it (including me at first glance)

Was that your YouTube review I watched that pointed this out? I saw it before it arrived, so knew to keep the media volume maxed and adjust by the master volume only.

Yeah very colourful, I like music to be fun. Although after it arrived I did kind of regret not getting the white version.

Dec 1, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #109 of 715

I think you said in your YT review that the USB C is usb 3.1 gen 2? correct me if I'm wrong and also please could you share the source for this information.

Dec 1, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #110 of 715
Was that your YouTube review I watched that pointed this out? I saw it before it arrived, so knew to keep the media volume maxed and adjust by the master volume only.

Yeah very colourful, I like music to be fun. Although after it arrived I did kind of regret not getting the white version.

Nice!

I guess not mine as I released my video just today. But many did miss that out.

Dec 1, 2023 at 9:41 AM Post #111 of 715
Dec 1, 2023 at 11:54 PM Post #112 of 715
... because I don't have the M300 yet I didn't realize that the Fn button is not a button but a switch. You can't use a switch to do previous track. It seems this player won't have a prev button. Sorry about that.
Proposal for an alternate button config...

Untitled presentation.png

Dec 2, 2023 at 12:56 AM Post #113 of 715
Proposal for an alternate button config...

Untitled presentation.png
I like the idea, apart from a shared button for play/pause, screen on/off and power off.

Although, you could potentially disable power off as a physical button altogether and just have it done via the software? I never turn my daps off anyway.

Why they omitted a prev track button,
I have no idea? 🤷‍♂️ It really was the dumbest move.

On a positive note, the button placement is an improvement over my R6P2, as there’s no risk of me accidentally pressing the play button when I’m holding it in my hand to press the screen off button.

Looking forward to your yt review.

Dec 2, 2023 at 1:03 AM Post #114 of 715
I like the idea, apart from a shared button for play/pause, screen on/off and power off.

Although, you could potentially disable power off as a physical button altogether and just have it done via the software? I never turn my daps off anyway.

Why they omitted a prev track button,
I have no idea? 🤷‍♂️ It really was the dumbest move.

On a positive note, the button placement is an improvement over my R6P2, as there’s no risk of me accidentally pressing the play button when I’m holding it in my hand to press the screen off button.

Looking forward to your yt review.

I really liked the overall button placement when I first saw, the omission of previous track was very weird I do mention that in my YouTube review too.

I hope via a software update an option for adding that is given. I too don't like the idea of share play/pause button along with power off button, maybe long pressing the play/pause button could be a nice idea for previous track and would sort of go with the button orientation we have now. 🙂

Dec 2, 2023 at 1:05 AM Post #115 of 715
I really liked the overall button placement when I first saw, the omission of previous track was very weird I do mention that in my YouTube review too.

I hope via a software update an option for adding that is given. I too don't like the idea of share play/pause button along with power off button, maybe long pressing the play/pause button could be a nice idea for previous track and would sort of go with the button orientation we have now. 🙂
I was thinking of a long press on the play/ pause too, or even long press or double press on the fwd track button.

Dec 2, 2023 at 1:12 AM Post #116 of 715
I was thinking of a long press on the play/ pause too, or even long press or double press on the fwd track button.

👍 The long press on fwd track has fast forward which is actually quite helpful when listening to podcasts or audiobooks.

Hence I suggested the play/pause button long press and if I am not wrong the long press function of the play/pause is not on use. So if we atleast got a previous track with that that would be quite nice.

Dec 2, 2023 at 3:59 AM Post #119 of 715
Hi Kesobie,

Have you tried it with a "normal" dongle DAC? I'm planning to buy this one and I already have a Shanling UA2. I think it will be something similar as using it with the R3 II but I don´t have too much experience in this and I'd like to have it confirmed.

Many thanks!!
Yep! Tested it with both a simple dongle DAC like the VE Avani and Hidizs XO and both are working. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back