hi there i was looking to buy these dr.dre beats - are these real
Sep 17, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #2 of 22
Its is sold by amazon so it shouldn't be fake.

but...

DON'T BUY BEATS !!!

Many experienced audiophiles find that the beats sounded like trash for their price. Unless you HAVE to spend money on fashion accessories these headphones are best avoided. Do some research and you'll see why. If you don't care about the sound then go for it. They will still blow away the average stuff like the apple earbuds. IMHO the beats are one of the most fashionable headphones around. They just don't sound as good as they look. 

PS: the durability is also an issue

http://www.head-fi.org/t/540242/getting-called-out-for-not-wearing-the-beats

Welcome to Head-fi and hopefully you'll find whats right for you 
atsmile.gif

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #3 of 22
I have heard this already but I have only ever worn the apple ear buds previously haha, I think the dr. dre studios look amazing though but Im not sure what to do as money will be very tight at uni but I just feel so tempted as they look so good, I am into a lot of rap music and music with big bass like dubstep, on the other hand I enjoy most types of music like acoustic music etc  !

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #4 of 22
Its your money and since you are in university so being fashionable should be important. I'd say go for them. I'd actually much rather wear a pair of beats then an Ultrasone Edition 8 if I had the choice. Sometimes sound is not as important as the other factors. Although you have to be aware of the durability issues. I'm not sure if buying from amazon would void the warranty on them. Also store them somewhere safe. Since everyone knows how expensive they are and headphones aren't too hard to steal. I mean, hey, when you have more money you can simply go for better headphones for home use..

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #5 of 22
Yes they look great but a few of my friends say that they like the sound quality too that have dre beats I have never really had any headphones just apple ones and they do not really do the music justice, would you say the beats have poor sound quality in general? But thats also a problem at uni they may get stolen and im living in the halls because its my first year, Im not sure what to do haha hopefully ill get a job too there !

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #6 of 22
Well if I was in your situation, I would say (insert four letter word here) fashion and get something that is not only better build quality and sounds better for almost half the cost.  Other peoples opinions of your choice of headphones is their issue not yours.  Buy something like the Ultrasone HFI-***, Sony XB*** or any number of better options beyond a fashion statement.

Beats are not an audio product they are a brand that wants your money to line the pocket of an over paid music artist. 

IMO any of the ultrasone range looks superior to Beats, maybe I am just old.  Grado's have a wonderful retro styling that will look cool for years to come whereas beats will start to look dated in 2 years, thats if they are still functioning.

You admit you are a student, learn a leeson early in life... value for money over styling is always the smart move.  If you are a music lover you want sound quality, if you want fancy expensive headgear buy a hat :D

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #7 of 22
Wait you have the HD 800's and your getting Beats? Ok, I am new here, maybe thats just a default avatar or something... but if you really do have the 800's just curious why go with Beats?

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #9 of 22

Quote:
 if you want fancy expensive headgear buy a hat :D

LOL or maybe some nice cloth in general ? If you dress nicely people aren't going to care about what headphones you have. 

I'd say the beats have good sound quality, if they were $100 USD. I doubt anyone would want to steal Ultrasones since they don't know how much they cost. The beats on the other hand, is a perfectly safe choice for thieves. 

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #10 of 22
I don't know if this would help but.......

The studios are BATTERY operated and would be a pain to maintain!!!!!

The pro's are not.

Both have shallow 40mm earcups that might get uncomfortable after a while.

OR you could get some beats decals off ebay and stick them on whatever headphones you want.

Sep 17, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #12 of 22

Quote:
haha I dont own any at the moment but im looking to get some for uni but not sure which I have only ever really heard of the beats =/

Don't get the HD800, it's over 1,000 dollars :p

I will say this again and again but...
GET THE ULTRASONE PRO 900!!
These are the perfect cans for Dubstep and Rap/Hip-Hop. They have amazing bass without sacrificing the mids/treble.

Sep 17, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #13 of 22
Yes, the Pro 900's the next cans i'm getting.

You should also check out the Aiaiai TMA-1 currently my favorite headphone and the best one i've ever heard for hiphop. (I'm mostly listening to the artists under the Rhymesayers label, Tyler, Astronautalis, Q-tip and Quest.)

Sep 17, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #15 of 22
haha ULTRASONE PRO 900 are expensive like another 100 UK pounds :frowning2: 

I think ill have to settle for the beats im afarid unless someone wants to send a few hundred to my paypal account :wink: lol! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back