hi...new here
Apr 26, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #4 of 18

Quote:
my wallet? what you mean?
and that link to the ebay headphones
are not the same as the ones in my avatar
thats a newer version of them

Once you come to head-fi, you cant stop spending on headphones...thats what i meant 
wink.gif

BTw, it looks like the model you want (older version) is out of stock everywhere....maybe somebody else knows where to get it? 

Apr 26, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #5 of 18

Quote:
my wallet? what you mean?
and that link to the ebay headphones
are not the same as the ones in my avatar
thats a newer version of them

What he means is that the amount of time you spend on head-fi is inversely proportional to the fatness of your wallet.  For you shall become audiophile...the destroyer of wallets!  Basically, it's the standard greeting here.  Almost all us veteran head-fiers have spent entirely more money at this point on headphones than we ever hoped to, in the hopes of attaining superior sound.  

Apr 26, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #6 of 18
I think it was meant that unfortunately you have found head-fi because in a few months you will be eaten by head-fi :) in means of headphones which sound a little bit nicer as the Koss in your avatar. :)  

Apr 26, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #9 of 18
its the metal frame i'm interested in
building some headphones using it
i already have the newer version
but the frame on the newer ones are plastic and weak
so they won't work with what i am building
which is why i said working or not
cuz i wont be needing the drivers within

Apr 27, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #12 of 18
A warning: be really sure you know why you want to do this project. You can waste a lot of money on DIY projects and still not get a decent result. You should post your idea in the DIY forum, and maybe some of them could even give you advice on how to synthesize it.

As a suggestion, you could buy a roll of sheet-aluminum, a pair of tin-snips, and some scraps of leather, and you have enough to make a viable substitute -- but I can't really say, since I don't know what you're doing.

Jun 11, 2011 at 2:59 AM Post #14 of 18

Quote:
lol...oh ok...well i'm only interested in just the ones in my avatar...
plus i'm cheap...so $20 would be the highest i'd spend on any pair of headphones

That's what a lot of us said. You have no idea what's about to happen to you yet. The moment you posted it was all over. It's just waiting for the rest of you to catch up.

If I happen to run across those older models I will send you a pm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back