Hi From Apos Audio & Announcing The Caspian Headphone Launch
Jan 20, 2022 at 7:25 PM Post #106 of 130
How is the detail, and more importantly, the resolution? I know it's not going to be the most resolving can out there, but I'm hoping it's not overly warm and gooey. I've also read in a few reviews that the bass can be too much, and somewhat overwhelming. These reviews also state like you did, that the upper mids are too dark to highlight and appreciate female vocals.

the resolution is quite good but tuning in lower treble and upper mids may effect how present detailed it sounds for female vocals region.

Like i said and others highlighted the lower treble / upper mids dip influences how forward female vocals sound and they are more relaxed however it has upper treble so they come back in that region. headphone also isn’t as airy as some other headphones, but you won’t get any of that harsh overemphasized treble here like beyerdynamics and some hifiman have because it’s neutral and smooth.

lower mids and bass, subbass have really nice detail and presence and definitely the area it excels in

Jan 21, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #107 of 130
Apos Audio Free Shipping, Lowest Price Guarantee, Apos 2nd Year Warranty and 45-Day Return Policy on all carried products. Check out Apos Ensembles, Apos Specials, and Apos Certified products. Stay updated on Apos Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/aposaudio https://www.instagram.com/aposaudio/ https://apos.audio/ contact@apos.audio
Mar 7, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #108 of 130
We are currently exploring international shipping and we want to open it up in future production batches of the Caspian. We've always been cautious of adding international shipping because we want to uphold the standards we set on our customer service side to whoever purchases from us. Stay tuned as we are working on this and will make an announcement when we are ready.I'll be going to be buying a different amp from you guys would I still be charge a restocking fee?. And that is not right to charge restocking fee for a defective item and return shipping fee as well . Its not my fault i have a defective item its Apos and SMSL fault, now you want to put the charges on me. Never delt with a company that practice support like this

Thank you so much for your kind words.
I have a defective amp that i need to return any im not getting any help. I'll be going to be buying a different amp from you guys would I still be charge a restocking fee?. And that is not right to charge restocking fee for a defective item and return shipping fee as well . Its not my fault i have a defective item its Apos and SMSL fault, now you want to put the charges on me. Never delt with a company that practice support like this

Mar 7, 2022 at 4:22 PM Post #109 of 130
I have a defective amp that i need to return any im not getting any help. I'll be going to be buying a different amp from you guys would I still be charge a restocking fee?. And that is not right to charge restocking fee for a defective item and return shipping fee as well . Its not my fault i have a defective item its Apos and SMSL fault, now you want to put the charges on me. Never delt with a company that practice support like this
We understand where you are coming from. We do have a policy wherein you can check the product within 14 days after receiving it to determine if it's defective. In the case it is, you can return it without restocking fees or return shipping charges. Beyond the 14 days, restocking fee is added. If the product malfunctions after 14days, we still cover the repair or replacement through our 2-Year Extended Warranty program.

There might be some misunderstanding because you are looking to get a different amp instead. We can look into it for you. Can you DM me with your email address and Apos Order ID so we can follow up with the CS team and look into your order?

Apos Audio Free Shipping, Lowest Price Guarantee, Apos 2nd Year Warranty and 45-Day Return Policy on all carried products. Check out Apos Ensembles, Apos Specials, and Apos Certified products. Stay updated on Apos Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/aposaudio https://www.instagram.com/aposaudio/ https://apos.audio/ contact@apos.audio
Mar 7, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #110 of 130
We understand where you are coming from. We do have a policy wherein you can check the product within 14 days after receiving it to determine if it's defective. In the case it is, you can return it without restocking fees or return shipping charges. Beyond the 14 days, restocking fee is added. If the product malfunctions after 14days, we still cover the repair or replacement through our 2-Year Extended Warranty program.

There might be some misunderstanding because you are looking to get a different amp instead. We can look into it for you. Can you DM me with your email address and Apos Order ID so we can follow up with the CS team and look into your order?
The XLR inputs was not tested because i did not have a Dac I got a DAC from Apos about 2 weeks ago and was able to test the xlr inputs and they are defective on the amp end. I DM you

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2022 at 6:29 PM Post #111 of 130

Hope this can get resolved been waiting with a broken XLR input on amp for over 2 weeks

Mar 7, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #112 of 130

Does your 14 days return policy only apply to defective items? I believe I read on your website that you could return for any reason within 14 days, and not get charged a restocking fee?

Mar 7, 2022 at 8:49 PM Post #113 of 130
Does your 14 days return policy only apply to defective items? I believe I read on your website that you could return for any reason within 14 days, and not get charged a restocking fee?

Yes, that is correct - you can return the item within 14 days without incurring a restocking fee even if it is not defective. We want the community to have a chance to experience the product and the sound.

Mar 7, 2022 at 8:57 PM Post #114 of 130
Yes, that is correct - you can return the item within 14 days without incurring a restocking fee even if it is not defective. We want the community to have a chance to experience the product and the sound.
Excellent. I think I might need to give the Caspian a whirl.

Mar 8, 2022 at 10:46 PM Post #115 of 130

I was not help was told I would be charged a restocking fee and the shipping fee for a defective item I got wow what customer service i received. i was even going to spend more money with Apos.

Mar 8, 2022 at 11:14 PM Post #116 of 130
I even posted a review on their site and they took it down wow.

Attachments

• Apos review on there site.png
    Apos review on there site.png
    434.7 KB · Views: 0
Mar 12, 2022 at 11:07 AM Post #117 of 130
Apos just replaced my amp after about 18 months of use, took about a month, but was a smooth procedure.
I also wasn't asking for a completely different brand or model amp like you are, so I am not sure why you are surprised with the restocking fee, because there would be no fee if you get the same model replaced since it is defective, just the shipping fee like I paid, which was under $10. Seems you are causing your own grief.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2022 at 1:50 AM Post #118 of 130
Apos just replaced my amp after about 18 months of use, took about a month, but was a smooth procedure.
I also wasn't asking for a completely different brand or model amp like you are, so I am not sure why you are surprised with the restocking fee, because there would be no fee if you get the same model replaced since it is defective, just the shipping fee like I paid, which was under $10. Seems you are causing your own grief.
At least you got 2 years of use of your amp. Mine was within 45 days of return or exchange time. Not sure you think it's ok for a new item less them 45 days old to break and then have to send it out to them to fix it. it's not right I bought it to use not wait for it to be fixed and they told me it could take a long time. I ask to swap it out for the same one or ill pay the difference for an amp they have in stock as the sp200 is discontinued. And to make matters worst how can you trust a company that only leaves positive reviews up and hides or remove bad reviews. I hope you re-read what I have been posted and rethink your words. And don't let any vendor take advantage of you I don't know about you but I work hard for what I have and pay good money to buy something to use and for it to work.

Mar 13, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #119 of 130
Where did I say at all that it's ok for a product to break down, especially within 45 days? But, it happens on occasion. My Audeze LCD-1 cans pooped the bed on the 2nd use, one of the drivers quit working. So I know how it feels. And yes, it takes time for this stuff when the products are made on the other side of the world, and shipping has been straight up crap with the whole 'rona thing.
You never mentioned that the amp was a discontinued item, so that adds a twist to the whole story. If you can't get an exact replacement for your defective product, they should be a little more lenient in their restocking fee charge, since they can't give you another SP200.
Anyway, good luck, I have had just good experiences with Apos, sorry you are not.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2022 at 10:03 PM Post #120 of 130
Where did I say at all that it's ok for a product to break down, especially within 45 days? But, it happens on occasion. My Audeze LCD-1 cans pooped the bed on the 2nd use, one of the drivers quit working. So I know how it feels. And yes, it takes time for this stuff when the products are made on the other side of the world, and shipping has been straight up crap with the whole 'rona thing.
You never mentioned that the amp was a discontinued item, so that adds a twist to the whole story. If you can't get an exact replacement for your defective product, they should be a little more lenient in their restocking fee charge, since they can't give you another SP200.
Anyway, good luck, I have had just good experiences with Apos, sorry you are not.
Yea i did not know about the SP200 being discontinued till a couple of days ago. That's why I did not mention it. And thanks for the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back