Hi From Apos Audio & Announcing The Caspian Headphone Launch
Oct 19, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #76 of 130
So, great mids and bass?
I would say stellar bass and very solid mids. I'll still listen to my 6xx when I want that excellent vocal realism, but the Caspians when I want to rock out without feeling like I'm sacrificing mid-range quality like I do with the Argon. Hope that helps!

Oct 19, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #77 of 130
No problem! They're more reserved in the upper frequencies than the 6xx. They lean neutral/dark rather than bright. I use SoundSource on my Mac for EQ, and I've never found myself bumping the treble down with them. Depending on the song, I've boosted the treble at 16k when I want that extra bit of sparkle. But honestly I've been listening to them un-EQ'd most of the time. And although they lean dark sometimes, I find that the imaging in the upper frequencies is still stellar. Like the hi hats in "Only" by Nine Inch Nails. Dude. Perfect. They're clippy and ticky and metallic in the best way. On my Argons, those hi hats sound like they'd been recorded in a can.

They're definitely not fatiguing or overly bright. Like I said, I've been listening to these for 3-hour+ sessions and I'm not having any fatigue at all. They're not like the Sundara where you've got a solid hour of fun before the fatigue sets in. These are legit marathon headphones.

Add on: I like them through my DropxTHX 789 more than the DarkVoice336 SE. I'm running them with the Apos Flow balanced cable from the THX 789, and they're super clarified. The DarkVoice adds some warmth, but I don't think the Caspians need more warmth.
Awesome. How do you like that cable? Is it "user friendly"? I think these will be my next purchase. Sounds similar to the Magni, with a little darker tonality - which is a good thing imo. Magni was a few touches too hot and bright for me. Aside from that, they were very, very good. Thank you for all the feedback. I appreciate it.

Oct 19, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #78 of 130
Awesome. How do you like that cable? Is it "user friendly"? I think these will be my next purchase. Sounds similar to the Magni, with a little darker tonality - which is a good thing imo. Magni was a few touches too hot and bright for me. Aside from that, they were very, very good. Thank you for all the feedback. I appreciate it.
No problem! I haven't heard the Magni, but they were both made by Kennerton so there are probably some similarities for sure. The cable is awesome. It sounds more clarified than stock cables to me, more refined. I agree with this video's take on it: . It's also really well constructed. It's nice and thick, with good heft to it, especially the connectors, and doesn't kink or tangle or anything. Very good quality overall.

Oct 19, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #79 of 130
The Apos Flow is a nice cable, the XLR version especially seems like the most popular

IMG_0441.jpg

Oct 19, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #81 of 130
It looks like a nice cable except for the very loud red color. :grimacing:
Yeah everyone’s gonna have their own opinion on that lol. Personally I love it whenever an audio company uses a color besides black and silver.

Oct 19, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #83 of 130
It looks like a nice cable except for the very loud red color. :grimacing:
That is the colour of all my Hart cables.
:grin:
I like them being a bit different. But then I bought an interconnect set in a case and they were all green.
:rolling_eyes:

But I do have a red Audeze cable that would work well with these.

Oct 19, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #84 of 130
I would say stellar bass and very solid mids. I'll still listen to my 6xx when I want that excellent vocal realism, but the Caspians when I want to rock out without feeling like I'm sacrificing mid-range quality like I do with the Argon. Hope that helps!
I have bought and sold the HD6XX's twice. Not really a fan.

I love the mids on my Elex's and Grado's. If it can match those and up the bass, that would be great for me.

Oct 19, 2021 at 7:41 PM Post #85 of 130
That is the colour of all my Hart cables.
:grin:
I like them being a bit different. But then I bought an interconnect set in a case and they were all green.
:rolling_eyes:

But I do have a red Audeze cable that would work well with these.
The great thing about Hart is if you want to pay a little extra and wait a bit longer, you can get any color you want. Their stuff is great.

Nov 18, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #88 of 130
People must not be buying these. Maybe because of the appearance (wood and headband), or perhaps the price? Not sure what to think after watching Zeos YouTube review. Not that I believe or understand a word he says. He states that they are quite forward and aggressive in their sound, and that the treble can be a bit troubling, even with the dips at 2 and 7k. Can anyone comment on this? This was the issue for me with the Magni, just too hot in the upper mids and lower treble. Otherwise, they were about perfect for my personal tastes. If they were a few hundred dollars cheaper, I'd be willing to take the gamble. 500 bucks for a 1st headphone could be considered a little expensive. I'm hoping a few other people have purchased these by now.

Nov 18, 2021 at 7:00 PM Post #89 of 130
Is the only review available still the one made by one of the creators of the headphone? I know they acknowledge this in the review, but with a week until release, it'd be great to get a second opinion...that being said I already pre-ordered these given they come with a 45-day return policy.
Any updates? Did you like and keep, or have they been returned already?

Nov 18, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #90 of 130
The price I believe is what is keeping people away and also that some reviewers called them a Chinese parts bin headphone. That definitely doesn't help

I have them and I think they are very fun sounding headphones but kinda over do the bass a bit to the point where they start to sound muddy. Coming from a 6xx made that very noticeable. Also the mids sound a little bit honky sounding. The treble very much takes a back seat almost to the point where it sounds muted. The slight honky mids made it hard to listen at louder volumes at least for me. The pads on them are also too thin plus the driver cover is also protrudes out so my ears rest quite firmly on them.

I got curious in seeing if changing the pads could help not only with comfort but with sound. So I swapped on a pair of brainwavz velour pads and that made a huge difference in its overall tonal balance. Bass bloat has been reduced (but is still a bit too forward in my opinion), Mids no longer sound honky, and the treble has nice presence. The detail comes out, the soundstage widens, and most importantly comfort is improved. Sounds like a completely different headphone now.

As far as the price I believe these would've been a better sell around the $200 - $300. Its performance with the velour pads imo is more in line with headphones in that price range. If the velour pads didn't help as much as they did then I would've returned them already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back