hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central
Aug 16, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #691 of 713
  As for gear, I really haven't been too invested in it since early last year or thereabouts. Most of it was unloaded by that point.

For on-the-go listening, I use a Sony Walkman; either a newer Android model or a vintage cassette player. Collecting vintage Walkmans is a hobby unto itself.
I mostly just throw on some Koss PortaPros for the sake of convenience and peace of mind.

I kept a few pairs of earphones like the Shure SE846s and Noble K10s.
At some point I'm gonna pick up a production Liquid Carbon to pair with them.

Home rig consists of my turntable and Raidho monitors, the latter of which I got at quite a discount since they were floor models.
I really don't listen to headphones as much with good speakers in house. That, or I'll just listen to my mediocre car speakers.

For digital I've got my Stax SR-007 headphones (or "earspeakers"). Those, the Jecklins, Code X, and Abyss are what I kept.
The SR-007 is my go-to though.
Okay so I've got a Sony R10 & Qualia in climate controlled storage. Some day I'll sell them to a collector b/c I never listen to them.

The only headphones I've heard as of late that have impressed me were the HiFiMan HE-1000s.
They are definitely up there in the headphone pantheon; among the most neutral production headphones I can recall.
Might get a pair eventually

Not really interested in IEMs these days. The Shures as K10s honestly nail the sound I want.

Good to see you re-engage. Any Swans sitting inside your living room (Shindo gear)? Did you at least reach out to Matt (Pitch Perfect Audio)? 

Aug 25, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #693 of 713
I was diagnosed with stage 2 cancer last week.

It's in my mouth, likely caused by the medication I have to take. The cells are well differentiated, which is "good," and it doesn't seem to be a particularly aggressive kind. I'll be getting more scans later, and hopefully it hasn't gotten into my jaw, otherwise they'll need to replace that with bone from my leg. As it is, they need to remove the afflicted area and replace it with skin grafts, which includes part of my bottom lip. Going to need some plastic surgery as a result.

Further complicating things is my lack of immune system due to medication as well as being on blood thinners.

I'll be in the hospital for a week or so with a temporary tracheotomy. Then it's radiation every day for six weeks, just to make sure everything bad is eliminated.

Anyway, more updates to come at some point.

Aug 25, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #694 of 713
Aw ****. This is a hell of a diary post to wake up to. I almost flipped when I saw this come up in my email, but luckily, you caught it early. I hope it all goes off without a hitch. I lost my dad to cancer so it's a particularly tough subject to me. You'll be in my thoughts Romy.

Aug 25, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #696 of 713
Yeah, good point. Positivity is a crucial mental element to the equation, which is to say **** cancer, you got this Romy. Sharks gotta keep swimmin' yo

Aug 25, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #697 of 713
**** cancer!!!!

Hope you get well soon MF! I know you will!!! :)
You'll be in our thoughts and keep us posted!

Aug 27, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #702 of 713
Romy, You are in my thoughts and prayers, both positive in nature. And know you are not alone...get well soon!

Sep 27, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #704 of 713
Latest updates:

Had surgery roughly two weeks ago. They found two other cancerous spots in my mouth, but everything they can see has been removed. Will have radiation and light chemo to knock out anything left on the microscopic level. My mouth has "field mutation," so it's just prone to cancer as a whole; I'll need to have it closely monitored going forward.

Surgery was rough. They had to remove bone from my leg to give me a new jaw in one area. Missing 'bout half my bottom teeth. Waking up in the ICU was pure hell; those were two of the hardest days of my life. I was sedated with Propofol lmao. Once I was transferred to an actual room, things got [relatively] better.

I'm up walking around w/o a walker. Hopefully they'll remove the remaining drains and my trachea tube soon.

Still can't close my mouth, however. Drool city.
Also means I have to be tube feed.

The things I'd do for a pepperoni pizza....

I want to thank everyone for their support. From the bottom of my heart.
The well wishes, messages, and cards have all been so very touching. I truly appreciate it.

More updates to come!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back