hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central
Aug 6, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #662 of 713
Fwiw I saw those posts before and I'm sorry you have to deal with all that ****.  

Someday, after Romy and I are wed, imma get on her laptop when she isn't looking and edit headphone emotes and ironic song links into random posts in this thread.  

Aug 6, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #663 of 713
Fwiw I saw those posts before and I'm sorry you have to deal with all that ****.  

[rule]
Someday, after Romy and I are wed, imma get on her laptop when she isn't looking and edit headphone emotes and ironic song links into random posts in this thread.  

LMAO!!!
Good luck with that plan. Only way you could succeed with that plan would be to get a sex change.

Aug 6, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #664 of 713
Is this like when Jim Gordon lights the bat signal to entice Batman out of the shadows? These posts aren't what "shtpost central" needs, but maybe they're the ones it deserves.... Ohhhhh!

I'll show myself out now. :l 

Aug 6, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #667 of 713
Oh wow, you're back.

Aug 6, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #668 of 713
LOL. And I was just chatting with Eke sayin how I'd missed your nonchalant little blurbs on IEMs and the like. Speaking of which, you should probably check out the Flare R2Pro at some point. 

Aug 6, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #670 of 713
  Oh wow, you're back.

I'm always here, lurking in the shadows.

LOL. And I was just chatting with Eke sayin how I'd missed your nonchalant little blurbs on IEMs and the like. Speaking of which, you should probably check out the Flare R2Pro at some point. 

*looks them up*

Seems cool. I'm a bit Kickstarter'd out, though. Unless they're available elsewhere now.

Shures + Liquid Carbon has been my 'end game' IEM setup since I heard the prototypes a while back.
I've had little desire to use anything else.

I've read a bit about the distinction with bisexual and the distinction seems more intellectual, like a statement.

Bisexual is attraction to men and women.
Pansexual is an attraction to anyone, including: nonbinary, agender, transgender, intersexed, etc.

It is a more inclusive term that eschews binary opposition.

Aug 6, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #671 of 713
I'm always here, lurking in the shadows.

*looks them up*

Seems cool. I'm a bit Kickstarter'd out, though. Unless they're available elsewhere now.

Shures + Liquid Carbon has been my 'end game' IEM setup since I heard the prototypes a while back.

Bisexual is attraction to men and women.
Pansexual is an attraction to anyone, including: nonbinary, agender, transgender, intersexed, etc.

It is a more inclusive term that eschews binary opposition.

The Shure 846? With what filter? I like them quite bit, but out of my only source, the AK240SS, the treble lacks air. Do they get much better with amping? Because the Liquid Carbon is quite a big boy (or girl).

I am certainly not pan nor bi, mostly etherosexual, but can be attracted to anyone I find feminine looking. Possibly from any gender. I suppose.

Aug 6, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #672 of 713

*looks them up*

Hmmm... I've been talking to Muzak about it on the side since he's highly curious due to me and James' comments on it, but the MSRP is currently set at 400 sterling ($620). They tend to pop up on the FS from time to time at the KS price of $300-ish since people seemingly don't have a clue what these things are actually capable of, or seem to dislike a more neutralish sig. With that said, Muzak did contact Flare HQ and they did offer him a set at the price of 300 sterling so something to consider I suppose. I think they're simply fantastic for the price, possessing fantastic bandwidth, tonal quality, space, texture and speed. I've got SGS' Dunu D2000J here on me, and Tomscy, James and SGS feel like it might possess the most prodigiously talented bass out there in terms of sheer speed, resolution, texture and impact, and honestly, I hear it, but the R2Pro isn't that far behind IMO and actually strikes me as sounding much more natural since the D2KJ can sound too lean due to how quick it is, that and uh... copious, copious treble. The copious treble doesn't even feel like it helps push the DJ over the R2Pro in terms of intelligibility either. 

I think the Flare does share a natural tone that feels sort of similar to the LAB I, except not as thick, upfront and closed in feeling. It's quite tremendous for a micro driver, and, as I'd mentioned to several people, strikes me as a sort of holy grail if we're talking about a phone that exhibits great tonal quality, technical ability, and all in a package that's very comfy, and exceptionally tiny. (smaller than Rockets even)

And yeah, I've got the LC on preorder as well. Really lookin forward to it. Soundfreaq told me you got to hear the proto LC awhile back and were greatly impressed. Glad to hear it. 

I am certainly not pan nor bi, mostly etherosexual, but can be attracted to anyone I find feminine looking. Possibly from any gender. I suppose.

So uh, are you trying to get senpai to notice you as well, or 

Aug 6, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #675 of 713
I heard a prototype of what I'm assuming was the LC with my TH900's at a meet like 2 years ago.  I quite liked it and look forward to being able to try Romy's with other cans, although I'm not sure how much I care about that sort of thing while commuting anymore. 

My gear usage has really stagnated lately -- pretty much just my SR009's, HD600's, and Signature Pros for outside.  I'm not sure I ever see my interest in this hobby returning to what it once was, tbh.  I still appreciate good sound and nerd out over the build quality and aesthetics of a lot of this ****, but the compulsion grab it all up just isn't there anymore.  I think I'll always feel geeked to at least try ****, though, and definitely appreciate the potential for such to come with the aforementioned cohabitation. 

Edit: ardgedee's embed vaguely reminds me of Space Ghost music.  I like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back