hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central
Dec 5, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #257 of 713
I miss the SUI. Have you guys noticed barely anyone ever puts anything Ocharaku on the FS forums

You must not be lookin too hard then. I see em all the time. Especially Kuro and Kaede. There was a period of mass exodus for Kaede owners where you could score a pair for as low as $500. It was nuts. I was tempted myself, but after having heard all three, I found myself preferring the K3003. That aside, I can't imagine there being too many Ocha fans on the board. I've always likened Ocha to FAD in that they're very niche (probably moreso than FAD since they don't even have notoriety going for them) but have a handful of vocal proponents
  I've seen, and loved, the first 7 seasons of South Park, up to the episodes with Kennnnyyy. I mostly quit watching after that; I thought season 8 was getting weak, and was just making cheap attempts at being offensive. Also, I haven't had TV reception since 2008. I realize I could make the effort to watch them on the internet, but haven't.

I might start Stick of Truth this weekend. I got sidetracked playing Diablo III. That's actually a fun game. A little mindless, with loot as motivation, but fun nonetheless.

That's nuts lol. S8 has some of my very favorite eps. Good Times with Weapons, Awesome-O, Goobacks, Carman's Incredible Gift, Woodland Critter Xmas... all hysterical. I'm pretty sure it's Matt and Trey's favorite season as well. And the game is pretty ******* offensive LOL. It revels in it, but what else is new 
I'm eyeing them too. Wild guess, you ordered them from price Japan?

Nah, I was thinking of it, but then noticed there were some cheap pairs on Fujiya so I went with a proxy. Should save about a hundred bucks all told 

Dec 5, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #258 of 713
I've seen nadda in SUI or Kaede on the FS boards for the last 6 months. Looks like I missed the exodus. So what do you think Idsy, get the donguri and live on corn flakes for the next 2 months or should I practice restraint? I'm need a lot of practice in that.

Dec 5, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #259 of 713
Um... well, since I'm getting them, you should probably hold off for some thoughts on it as I am taking a leap of faith here. There is literally no info whatsoever on these phones seemingly anywhere, and believe me, I've scoured lol. I'm in it for the weird tornado tech and zelkova wood. Beyond that, I have no idea about anything, not even what their tonal balance is like. I think MF said they lost out on a bit of overall detail to the F-4 family, but made up for it by sounding more natural (I'm guessing it's not as U shaped, and the midrange is probably more forward). I'm just curious whether the Donguri retains the awesome spatial characteristics of the F-4.

Dec 5, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #260 of 713
  That's nuts lol. S8 has some of my very favorite eps. Good Times with Weapons, Awesome-O, Goobacks, Carman's Incredible Gift, Woodland Critter Xmas... all hysterical. I'm pretty sure it's Matt and Trey's favorite season as well. And the game is pretty ******* offensive LOL. It revels in it, but what else is new

You're making me feel like I need to give Season 8 another chance. Which will lead me down the dark path into Season 9.
wink.gif

I'm not at all easily offended. I just think there are certain episodes where cleverness was sacrificed on the altar of offensiveness. OTOH, there are episodes where the offensiveness is part of the cleverness. It's a fine distinction, and open to interpretation,  I know.

Dec 5, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #261 of 713
I'd give S8 another chance, definitely. It trots the fine line between the absurd and mundane, and is probably the pinnacle of that style of humor before they segued into the topical riffs that the show's currently known for. Season 9 isn't as good but it's still got plenty of gems such as Two Days Before the Day After Tomorrow, Free Willy ZYX, Trapped in the Closet and Bloody Mary 

Dec 8, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #264 of 713
Cícero - Sábado: I'm digging this album lately, it has the same effect as Vondelpark's Seabed on me... meaning it puts me to sleep in a good way.
wink.gif

Free download from here, in case anyone wants to give it a listen.

Dec 9, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #265 of 713
Some of the best latest Swedish hiphop IMHO:

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzTnwGZQwNo[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qHPnnazBZc[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQk85N9u1cE[/VIDEO]

Trivia about that last video: the guy who raps inside the tunnel and never shows his face is Sebbe Staxx, an infamous robberer who did one the biggest robberies/heists in Swedish criminal history. Oh well, end of trivia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back