hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central
Apr 27, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #511 of 713
Guys, Ville is being helped. Im guessing he's back in the hospital by now and should be ok for now so you guys shouldn't worry.

I hope it works out in the end.

I've had my own troubles with depression.

Apr 27, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #512 of 713
My most recent acquisitions are the Stax SR2170, the Ortofon EQ-8, and the JH Angie. I also have a Carbon on reserve. Really lookin forward to the LC. Digi's one lucky duck, getting to hog that demo unit all to himself lol. I've been curious Digi, how do you find the UERM with the LC? Is there any hiss, and how much play do you have on the pot? I've been talking to Soundfreaq about the LC on the side, but he's been so busy with Cavalli and work lately to answer all of my questions, and those were the two big ones for me. I find that some desktop amps get loud far too quickly or exhibit some channel imbalance at lower volumes. Both at once? That's a double whammy. 

Apr 27, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #513 of 713
  My most recent acquisitions are the Stax SR2170, the Ortofon EQ-8, and the JH Angie. I also have a Carbon on reserve. Really lookin forward to the LC. Digi's one lucky duck, getting to hog that demo unit all to himself lol. I've been curious Digi, how do you find the UERM with the LC? Is there any hiss, and how much play do you have on the pot? I've been talking to Soundfreaq about the LC on the side, but he's been so busy with Cavalli and work lately to answer all of my questions, and those were the two big ones for me. I find that some desktop amps get loud far too quickly or exhibit some channel imbalance at lower volumes. Both at once? That's a double whammy. 

I tried my UERM out a couple of days ago to answer that question on the LC thread. With no music playing the UERM is dead silent. You'll only hear a low hum if you bury the volume knob. That's why i'm pretty excited about this amp, it's going to serve me well with both my orthos and my IEM's. Generally speaking, with the UERM I set the volume knob to about somewhere between the 12 and 1 o'clock position. So its plenty loud and you have good headroom. 

Apr 27, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #514 of 713
Thanks for answering Digi. I'm looking at a pic of the LC right now and it seems that the knob starts at 7 o'clock. That seems like quite a bit of play at 1X gain. Very nice! I hope Cavalli makes their "end of summer" estimate. I'm kind of surprised that they still have yet to exhaust their stock of 500 units. 

Apr 27, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #515 of 713
  Thanks for answering Digi. I'm looking at a pic of the LC right now and it seems that the knob starts at 7 o'clock. That seems like quite a bit of play at 1X gain. Very nice! I hope Cavalli makes their "end of summer" estimate. I'm kind of surprised that they still have yet to exhaust their stock of 500 units. 

I am too actually. I was online when the pre-order went live and me and a few others were having a heck of a time placing our orders because the servers were acting up. I thought for sure the LC would easily be sold out by the end of the day

Apr 27, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #516 of 713
Well... I guess if HF has taught me one thing, it's that supposedly exclusive units tend to take months to actually sell out. Similar cases are the LAB I and the Ocharaku KAEDE. Both of which were limited to 150 units. Both took MONTHS to actually clear said units. It would appear that there aren't as many nutjobs out there as I'd imagined lol 

Apr 28, 2015 at 1:16 AM Post #517 of 713
  Well... I guess if HF has taught me one thing, it's that supposedly exclusive units tend to take months to actually sell out. Similar cases are the LAB I and the Ocharaku KAEDE. Both of which were limited to 150 units. Both took MONTHS to actually clear said units. It would appear that there aren't as many nutjobs out there as I'd imagined lol 

I guess you're right. we're part of an exclusive club 
tongue.gif

Apr 29, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #519 of 713
Apr 29, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #520 of 713
Nope...

Just have click through I guess...

Apr 29, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #522 of 713
You don't even need to make an account.  It just saves everything you've bought by your PayPal address.

Besides the choice of formats (FLAC, ALAC, Vorbis, etc..), that's probably one of the best things about it.

Apr 29, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #523 of 713
Oh, I know. It's just that this time I somehow want to log in, and was confused why it says it doesn't recognize the email I used to purchase albums before.

On the one hand, it seems lolicore isn't my cup of tea.

On the other hand, I'm looking back into my bookmarks folder of bandcamp albums, and I see a lot of Space Jam remixes....

Apr 29, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #524 of 713
I'm out of the loop on new anime so I don't even know what most of the samples are from but I still like it somehow...

Apr 29, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #525 of 713
Hmm. I've been not listening to music "seriously" for a long time. Even just for background noise. The few times I've been to a meet recently made me miss it, and I can't imagine why I didn't keep listening to music that I love. Sure, there's the radio with the usual Top 40 stuff. Sometimes with songs that I think are actually pretty amazing, and can appreciate the talent and effort into it.

On that note, I am especially impressed by the local talents. I guess I've been too poo-poo-ing the local music that I didn't see some of the gems that popped out recently. The equivalent and bigger American Idol counterpart here has gave birth to some spectacular artists lately. Remind me to go look for it and share some here, provided that I remember their names haha. That's a problem I still have...

Maybe the working adult life caught up with me in a landslide of accelerated maturing. I'm pretty aloof back in my college days, so this past 2 years after graduation has left me still very shaken. Dark times have been escalating, but still in control. Maybe it's finally time to have a proper sit down with my parents and talk about it. I know it's hard times right now, but the fact that I'm still living with them and being my source of grief and happiness is ... damaging?

An off-hand remark made in a thread about an app to help depression in the Front page of the Internet forum made a stranger worried about my mental well being. I'm honestly touched. I'm trying to fix my wake up time to be early on his behalf for some reason.

Someone also suggested I keep a journal. As usual, my pack rat research mentality is making me save all these kinds of articles and stuff and paralyzes everything again. At some point, I just have to jump in and start something rather than all planning and still at zero.

CdC, or rather Ville, hope you get well soon. I'm pretty speechless when a few days of being absent and then reading your plight. Very glad that you have someone helping you now currently. Stay strong, man.

This is brought to you by this album on Bandcamp: <a href="http://keatscollective.bandcamp.com/album/flamingosis">Flamingosis by Flamingosis</a>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back