HF-2
Oct 3, 2009 at 4:27 PM Post #1,111 of 1,149
Hey guys, I didn't have much time for headfi recently and therefore don't know how many people actually have already received their HF-2's.

The thing is that I ordered on the 30th of May a pair for me and one for my neighbour (we're both registered here). We're from Austria and we live next-door to each other, so we figured that shipping would cost us much less if we would order 2 HF-2s in 1 parcel.

Anyway Todd was being very friendly and he agreed on it, so I even paid the money through paypal the same day.

The problem now is that I never received a shipping confirmation and of course the HF-2s never arrived either. It wouldn't bother me too much as I see that there are still ongoing orders, but the thing is that I've written Todd several times in the past months (always staying polite) but I received no single answer since then for any of my requests. There seems to be definately something foul about it, because this simply doesn't look like an accident anymore. I see people receiving their headphones after ordering more than a month after me and I don't see a reason for Todd to completely ignore my requests.

Could anybody tell me how to deal with this situation?

Oct 3, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #1,112 of 1,149
You get them when he gets them, as far as I can see. They will have a customs notice on them and probably need to be signed for he's not going anywhere with your money.

Be patient.
smile.gif

Oct 3, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #1,113 of 1,149
that doesn't sound right... i ordered on july and got them almost a month ago. don't
write him emails as he may not have the time nor inclination to read thru every email...
call him during business hours and try to address the issue. good luck.

Oct 3, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #1,114 of 1,149
If you guys look at Todd's Sponsor threads - there have been a couple of delays in shipments from Grado. The last 100 pairs were to arrive at TTVJ this week. Then he was told the shipment would be split. Part to arrive this past Wednesday......and the rest were supposed to get to Todd yesterday. So, nothing strange or odd from TTVJ end.........I've been enjoying mine for a couple of months now (having been in the 1st 50).....but, a friend of mine (in Tenn.) ordered towards the end and he's still waiting.

Oct 3, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #1,115 of 1,149
I had some delay, too, with mine.
After a mail I got my HF2 with the next bunch.
When mailing, use the form on the TTVJ website.
Seems to be better.
Good luck!

Oct 3, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #1,117 of 1,149
Well, back when I ordered them I had a few emails exchanged with him (I added some pads to the order and paid the difference), so he was pretty responsive back then.

It seems to me that after he had my money in his hands, he had absolutely no interest in me anymore... after all it's more than 4 months now that he has my money. It's a shame... I was expecting better from my first order from Todd.

Oct 3, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #1,118 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by MONVMENTVM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, back when I ordered them I had a few emails exchanged with him (I added some pads to the order and paid the difference), so he was pretty responsive back then.

It seems to me that after he had my money in his hands, he had absolutely no interest in me anymore... after all it's more than 4 months now that he has my money. It's a shame... I was expecting better from my first order from Todd.

I heard from him via email today. I don't understand why he doesn't answer your questions.

Oct 26, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #1,119 of 1,149
It's starting to get creepy... I still got no answer from Todd. My last email was 2 weeks ago.

Oct 26, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #1,120 of 1,149
Try giving him a call? If nothing, maybe start a CC chargeback?

On another note, I had to add on a pair of pads to my order, and I asked him through e-mail. Never got a response, but it turned out to be on the order anyway.

Oct 26, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #1,121 of 1,149
I really like my HF-2 but I'am really annoyed by its short cable, so I'd like to recable them... but for those who did this, how did you manage to remove the glued cup ?? I've seen a method using steam but would definitely consider another method !
Thanks !

Oct 26, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #1,124 of 1,149
I would also be pretty reluctant to pry off the wood housing, especially given purrin's current cracked mahogany chasis/cup problem. If you are fine with your HF-2's sound signature, I'd just go with a Grado extension cable. As best I know, they do not deteriorate the sound in a noticeable way.

Oct 27, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #1,125 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeMat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because I would also seize this as an opportunity to use a better cable. I found the HF2 a bit weak in the upper end and think they would really benefit from a new cable (Alo sxc in mind)

I have the rs1i with the exact same cable, and I don't think the cable is attenuating the hf2's highs. It is just dark due to the driver being used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back