HF-2
Jul 31, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #661 of 1,149
The typical bowls. Be prepared for pain at first if you haven't used them before, they'll get better.

Jul 31, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #662 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by revolink24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The typical bowls. Be prepared for pain at first if you haven't used them before, they'll get better.

I cheated and put on a set that were on my HF1s, probably with 100 or so hours on them, if that. These are also the first Grados i've had where i really felt the need to open out the headband, the combination of a tight clamp and the weight of the aluminium was starting to hurt after only a short while.

I got a set of flats at the same time, which i tried briefly, but i felt that they made the HF2 a bit too fuzzy. Of course, that was only a short listen to un-burned in cans in far from ideal circumstances. I still prefer bowls for comfort though, but i have small ears so they're almost circumaural.

Jul 31, 2009 at 6:50 PM Post #663 of 1,149
They're almost circumaural for me too. After putting probably over a thousand hours on my current set of bowls, they are the only headphones I can wear all day because they don't make my ears heat up and sweat.

Jul 31, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #664 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These are my first Grado phones. So what pads do they come with?

Not so much 'pads' as ear graters!

Aug 3, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #667 of 1,149
Has anyone heard anything new about the delay? I think that Grado was supposed to get the headbands sometime this week, so I don't expect shipping to resume till next week, but I was wondering if anyone else had talked to Todd in the last few days and heard differently.

Aug 3, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #668 of 1,149
most posts lately have been for impressions, very few are vocal that have yet to receive so that info is very small. The lack of serials in the HF-2 thread now makes me hope that the other 300ish aren't to members who will be gone as soon as they get their cans, meaning lots for resale
frown.gif

Aug 3, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #669 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
most posts lately have been for impressions, very few are vocal that have yet to receive so that info is very small. The lack of serials in the HF-2 thread now makes me hope that the other 300ish aren't to members who will be gone as soon as they get their cans, meaning lots for resale
frown.gif

My wait continues... and no, I'm not selling them or my HF-1's. I'm starting to get impatient...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 3, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #671 of 1,149
The headband delay might add 2 weeks depending on the source. But yours will arrive and stay excited! I am eagerly awaiting more impressions of these sweet Grados. Zanth posted in the HF-2 Comparison and Reviews thread that they are like PERFECTED 325s with HP1000 bass impact. Hes owned and reviewed every Grado and even the PS1000 review on Gradolabs.com is his
biggrin.gif

Aug 4, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #672 of 1,149
Zanth's impressions "sound" tastey. I just went from "fuhgedaboudit" I'll sell the damn things if they ever show up to "could be a keeper" and I have never even heard them. Signed...1st week of June orderer and My mailbox is full of cobwebs.

Aug 4, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #673 of 1,149
I heard that the boat from china with all the final HF-2's on it, was jacked by somali pirates, and they are going to put them all on ebay for $600 a set.
eek.gif

Aug 4, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #674 of 1,149
You give the Somali Pirates too much credit. Some of our Members of Congress got the shipping info directly from the Chinese and paid a kickback in the usual Chicago-style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back