HF-2!!!
Jul 7, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #392 of 704
What a shame!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Meaning there will just be 20-something HF-2s the way they were meant to be. While the rest of the 500 'phones will be flawed.

I can not accept the typo, so no HF-2 for me. Oh well!

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:06 PM Post #393 of 704
Anyone that doesn't take them as-is is missing out on an excellent opportunity for them and the community. It is an unfortunate error, but I do not think it should be a deal breaker for anyone. It gives them character anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #394 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What a shame!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Meaning there will just be 20-something HF-2s the way they were meant to be. While the rest of the 500 'phones will be flawed.

I can not accept the typo, so no HF-2 for me. Oh well!

Its a shame you feel that way, but understandable. The HF2 from my listening impressions is probably my favorite John Grado can I have ever listened to. I have owned/still own the SR60, SR80, SR225, SR325I, MS2, RS1 4 different times, GS1000, PS1, and soon the HF2, and the HF2 is my favorite and IMO the best sounding. The balance and presentation is better than the PS1 to my ears. I have been lucky that I have a good bud who has loaned me his HF2's while I wait for mine but all it has done is made me more anxious to receive my set. To not want arguably an excellent one of a kind headphone due to a cosmetic error of 1 letter is your call, but I fear you and others will regret it in the future once people realize how special sonically this heapdhone is.

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #395 of 704
recstar24. Yes, I realize that. That I may miss out on a great sounding pair of headphones.
But for $429 + shipping & 25% VAT for a brand new headphone I do expect a pair without such obvious flaws.

HF-3 anyone? Without typing errors...
wink.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #396 of 704
Quote:

recstar24. Yes, I realize that. That I may miss out on a great sounding pair of headphones.
But for $429 + shipping & 25% VAT for a brand new headphone I do expect a pair without such obvious flaws.

wink.gif

There will probably be no HF-3 as a result of some of the negative backlash that John and Todd have been getting. Why go through the hassle of another limited edition?

And yes $429 is a lot of money and as a consumer you have the right to expect a product the way you want it; however, I will go back to your post and requote it for you when in a couple of months the HF2 will be sold here and on ebay for $600-$800.

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:36 PM Post #398 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There will probably be no HF-3 as a result of some of the negative backlash that John and Todd have been getting.

Have they gotten negative backlash other than the posts in this thread? Have people been calling them and screaming or something? Poor John. He should just re-release the HP1000 (I don't know how that is related
wink.gif
)

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #400 of 704
Quote:

wink.gif

I agree with Recstar24 that there will probably won't be another HF-3 as a result of the negative backlash, but one never knows. On the bright side, you've given another HF member a chance to own these limited edition cans and help support the community to boot
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #401 of 704
If they're selling the HF-2 after the resale issue of the HF-1 they probably wont have any issues with creating an HF-3. Selling 500 of the same headphone in 2 months has to be good for business.

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #402 of 704
Sorry for this stupid question of mine, but I have to ask.

Do we email you if you've already confirmed our order to ship? Or can we email you if we're on the waiting list?

I'm pretty far down the list, probably the high 300's. I'd like to confirm my order, but I don't want to clog your inbox with unnecessary emails either.

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #403 of 704
Quote:

wink.gif

Still think you are going to regret this later. EVERY review I have read to date puts them on par or excelling the PS-1000.
$439 + shipping & 25% VAT is FAR cheaper than the $1695 retail price of a PS-1. When I put on a pair of headphones it is for aural enjoyment, not the visual. I don't think you'll be seeing an HF-3 anytime soon...if ever.

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #405 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still think you are going to regret this later. EVERY review I have read to date puts them on par or excelling the PS-1000.
$439 + shipping & 25% VAT is FAR cheaper than the $1695 retail price of a PS-1. When I put on a pair of headphones it is for aural enjoyment, not the visual. I don't think you'll be seeing an HF-3 anytime soon...if ever.

I 'might' regret it!
But the HF-2 are limited edition headphones, sold exclusively to members of the Head-Fi community. Hence it is not acceptable (to me) that they misspelled the name of the community they were specifically targeting.

Accidents happen, I have no problems accepting that. But I certainly think Grado (and TTVJ) should have taken a different approach.
I think they should order new aluminum cups right away, with no spelling error. Then use those for the future units. Those who have already have received a Head-F1 pair should get two options, returning them for a fix or keep them (discount?).
That would have delayed upcoming batches, but at least they deliver a product as expected.

My trust in Grado have received a major hit!

Edit:
It would be interesting to hear an official word on how this happened.
Cause as we know the first 20'ish HF-2s had all the lettering spelled correctly (those at CanJam '09), while all of a sudden pairs appeared with a misspelled letter. Obviously something in the manufacturing line changed after the headphone had been released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back