HF-2!!!
Jul 7, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #421 of 704
i'll admit that i am quite disappointed with the decision. i understand that if they offered to recall and correct the error they would probably operate at a loss. but, the way i see it is if you are going to offer something to someone mine as well do it right; have them produced the way they are supposed to be even if it means corrections needs to be done. big company or small, quality should still be well considered of. actions speak louder than words.

creating a headphone for head-fi that says "head-f1" and being okay with it is almost like a slap in the face or a mock. i appreciate the favor that John is giving to this community but it just seems mediocre this time around.

regardless, i will still be keeping mine. i don't think i can pass on an awesome headphone at a reasonable price. it's just a pity the quality wasn't up to par.

Jul 7, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #423 of 704
I'm sure if you were asked to pay $500 for you typos, your spelling would be bloody perfect
tongue.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #425 of 704
Nothing a little magic marker can't fix. I missed out on the HF-1. I also think that if I should come to want to sell mine, (I confirmed via email) that the audience that would consider them will know what they are despite the markings.

Being that this will be my first Grado purchase, I suspect they will at least remain in my collection to represent this class of headphone.

Of course support of Head-Fi and TTVJ is never a harmful thing. As for Mr. Grado, I suspect he has created a wonderful headphone for us. I was pretty surprised to even see a HF-2 being offered after the real flak generated by immediate resale of the HF-1. If you wondered why you had to justify to Todd your purchase of your (one) HF-2, that comes from the first go-round.

Y'all might have the HF-1, or HF-I, or even a few HF-2s. Mine will say HF-II
bigsmile_face.gif
rs1smile.gif

Jul 8, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #427 of 704
Interesting development. I am not sure what to do. I have an HF-1 still new in the box and planned for the HF-2 to sit right beside it. However, with the F1 instead of Fi, I am not sure it belongs there. I guess I have a little time to think it through as I have one on order, just need to decide which way to go.
confused_face_2.gif

Jul 8, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #428 of 704
What's the difference, it is still a Head-Fi special headphone, made by Grado for us? Why does 1 letter matter?

Jul 8, 2009 at 12:53 AM Post #429 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting development. I am not sure what to do. I have an HF-1 still new in the box and planned for the HF-2 to sit right beside it. However, with the F1 instead of Fi, I am not sure it belongs there. I guess I have a little time to think it through as I have one on order, just need to decide which way to go.
confused_face_2.gif

Once they are all gone & they will be you will be kicking yourself for cancelling.
It is still a special Head-fi edition only,limited to Head-fi members.

Jul 8, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #430 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's the difference, it is still a Head-Fi special headphone, made by Grado for us? Why does 1 letter matter?

I think it's wrong to say it doesn't matter because it does. But at the same time I think one should be able to overlook the mistake because the HF-2 is a very generous gesture by Grado to our community.

Jul 8, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #431 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Once they are all gone & they will be you will be kicking yourself for cancelling.
It is still a special Head-fi edition only,limited to Head-fi members.

I understand the limited edition and as a Head-Fi member I do appreciate the effort Todd and Grado have gone through to bring this to the community. However, with all the other new phones such as the HD800s, I am rethinking. I actually had the HD800s on order only to cancel to order the HF-2s.

Jul 8, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #433 of 704
I'm still waiting for a reply from Todd .. I sent a mail a long time ago about a balanced version ....

To be frank, the absence of head-fi on my headphone doesn't hurt so much.
smily_headphones1.gif

So I still want them, I just want no glue spills, marks and oher quality issues, I hope this is the only issue the headphone has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back