HF-2!!!
Jul 7, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #406 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still think you are going to regret this later. EVERY review I have read to date puts them on par or excelling the PS-1000.
$439 + shipping & 25% VAT is FAR cheaper than the $1695 retail price of a PS-1. When I put on a pair of headphones it is for aural enjoyment, not the visual. I don't think you'll be seeing an HF-3 anytime soon...if ever.

While EVERY review you've read may have, not EVERY review puts the HF2 on "par or excelling" the PS1K or even RS1 for that matter. Lets try to keep the hype a little in check.

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #407 of 704
We should just convince Jude to change the name of the site to Head-F1.org.

Problem solved

And no matter what they have engraved on them, I am very eager to hear what they sound like.

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #408 of 704
Yes, I too in reality would MUCH rather have the FI, so I contemplated waiting til later on and delaying my order.

However, as it stands, Id rather have them than not and there will be no FIs after the CanJam pairs
frown.gif

It would ROCK if someone released new cups! Or something...

Regardless I want mine!
biggrin.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #410 of 704
Confirmation email sent.

Jul 7, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #411 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And yes $429 is a lot of money and as a consumer you have the right to expect a product the way you want it; however, I will go back to your post and requote it for you when in a couple of months the HF2 will be sold here and on ebay for $600-$800.

So what do you think the difference in resale value will be? The ultra rare correct spelling version will certainly grab a few more pennies from the collectors.

Jul 7, 2009 at 7:38 PM Post #412 of 704
Very true, but considering they are with some of the Big Names, they will mod them most likely, and also might not sell them at all.

Maybe 10 max will get out of their hands unmodded. Lots will be recabled. So untouched correct spelling will be very slim on resale.

Jul 7, 2009 at 7:47 PM Post #414 of 704
Are yours balanced Grawk?

Jul 7, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #416 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardflip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We should just convince Jude to change the name of the site to Head-F1.org.

Problem solved

Jude will need to send a PM to HeadphoneAddict
biggrin.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #417 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by coredump /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So what do you think the difference in resale value will be? The ultra rare correct spelling version will certainly grab a few more pennies from the collectors.

Well, let's look at the data and history of the HF1. Original price was $200, and street price after run was done got around to around $400 - so we're talking about a 100% return on investment within a year, I can't think of any kind of investement option that can guarantee that kind of return in that period of time. Anyone who buys the HF2 out of curiosity and does not like the sound or cannot live with the lettering issue could probably sell it for full price within minutes. In fact, when I sold my HF1 I sold it for the original price of $200 as I did not want to make it a profit seeking venture and probably receive 12 PM's in the span of 5 minutes. Buying a HF2 really is a no-lose proposition, and the only reason why I can think of not picking up one or not keeping your order is for personal reasons, or you simply don't care of listening to any kind of grado.

Jul 7, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #418 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by riceboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree with Recstar24 that there will probably won't be another HF-3 as a result of the negative backlash, but one never knows. On the bright side, you've given another HF member a chance to own these limited edition cans and help support the community to boot
smily_headphones1.gif

Most people here thought there wouldn't even be an HF2. It is a mark of how great and forgiving these people are that they are even being made.

Jul 7, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #419 of 704
I did not get a chance to log in yesterday. I am glad to see an answer is available, we all will have to make a decission on proceeding w/ the purchase or cancelling it. I wish the best to those who will proceed and get them. However I will not be one and I have cancelled my order. Of course this means someone else who wants them can now buy them.

Cheers.

Jul 7, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #420 of 704
That is one issue, I have HF-1 #457 and STRONGLY do not want to wait MONTHS for HF-2 to get up that high. So Ill take my ~#80ish
But it would be cool to have matching
biggrin.gif

4pin is my plan as well. Did you hear a noticeable difference in sound between SE and balanced?

Quick question, at the moment I do not have a working amp at home, so will I notice immediately the difference in upgrade between my HF-1 and HF-2 from my creative until my B22 is done or I can get one of my other amps back from my uncle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back