HF-2 errors making anyone shy away?
Jul 5, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #16 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You may be right about that but is that why we bought them? I'm not being critical of your statement just using it to make a point.
smily_headphones1.gif

as technologies advance something better may come along... If this happens and i was to sell the hf2 i know i'd want the more valuable one however it was just speculation.
if they sound the same i dont think the issue is that big of a deal, just a bit funny

Jul 5, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #17 of 187
I'm still keeping my order hoping that QC issues will work themselves out by the time Todd gets to my order (I ordered June 4th so I believe I still have to wait for at least a month).

Also, even though I find the QC disturbing, the HF1 may become a pretty valuable phone in the future.

Jul 5, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #18 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by jfourc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, even though I find the QC disturbing, the HF1 may become a pretty valuable phone in the future.

The HF1 already are quite valuable.
New price were $200, and now they tend to sell for ~$400. Same thing may happen to the HF2

Jul 5, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #19 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The HF1 already are quite valuable.
New price were $200, and now they tend to sell for ~$400. Same thing may happen to the HF2

Oops, sorry, I meant Head-F1.

Jul 5, 2009 at 5:19 PM Post #20 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some of you people are so anal retentive about minor cosmetic issues.

The "F1" is a sloppy oversight. However, I don't give a rip about a tiny machining mark or any of that trivial stuff. If you're pulling hairs over it, get a piece of 0000 steel wool and fix it yourself.

x2....thanks Uncle Erik.. Does seem to be a lot of whining and sniffling around here. For those that are all beside themselves with worry and concern, there is a very simple solution. CANCEL your order!
angry_face.gif

Jul 5, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #21 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
However, I don't give a rip about a tiny machining mark or any of that trivial stuff. If you're pulling hairs over it, get a piece of 0000 steel wool and fix it yourself.

If the aluminum is anodized (which I believe it is if the HF2 cups are like the MS2i that I used to own), steel wool should not be used. It will strip away the finish, leaving behind raw metal which looks shinier than the anodized finish. I speak from experience after trying this with some bicycle parts.
frown.gif

If one were anal enough, the small bit of excess glue in the cup crevice should be easily removable. Since it is hot glue, you could heat with a hairdryer and pick it off with a wooden toothpick. Of course, don't mess with the glue that holds the wooden and metal cup halves together.

Jul 5, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #22 of 187
that is fair to say, but to my knowledge all upper-end grado are assembled by hand. i think coming from machined headphones a hand assembled headphone may seem shocking at first

Jul 5, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #24 of 187
Well this stuff actually makes me feel nervous, as:

1) Don't know what type I will get FI or F1?
2) Wondering what # I will get. I bought early enough to get a low number, lets see how it turn out. Even so that is minor, as it will still be a 2 digit number.
3) If they come in bad state I'd have to get them back for fix. Taht means more struggle, time without them, shipping from Europe, etc.

Lets wait and see...

Jul 5, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #25 of 187
I don't really care whether its an I or a 1. But I don't want to wait a month longer to get the 1 changed to an I. I'd rather take the 1 any day! So I'll gladly take anyone's 1 if they want to trade for a later production date when the problem is fixed.

Jul 5, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #28 of 187
I heard a rumor that some guy in brooklyn makes these things in his basement.

Jul 5, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #30 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I heard a rumor that some guy in brooklyn makes these things in his basement.

Running the business from a basement do not exclude him from having QC of the final units before shipping out.
Errors can happen, but these flaws should not have passed QC...

I want a pair, but unsure right now considering this situation. At least until the issue are resolved and trust are gained again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back