Hey! I use D50 run with D5000 but I'm not satisfied the sound now i wanna use a portable amp i don't care if it has dac . I'm wondering like stepdance iqube or lisa3? please!!!!! Thanks!!!!
Jan 8, 2011 at 11:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Hanr

New Head-Fier
Hey! I use D50 run with D5000 but I'm not  satisfied the sound now i wanna use a portable amp i don't care if it has dac . I'm wondering like stepdance iqube or lisa3? please!!!!! Thanks!!!!

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #5 of 24
D50=Sony PCM D50 Linear Digital Recorder.

I connect my D50 line out to my SR71B single ended and it sounds better than my Ipod line out.  I am going to try it with the P51 and Pico Slim. 

Jan 10, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #7 of 24
I don't know as I have not heard the Lisa3 before.  But the Lisa3 is definitely better as an amp than the build in amp inside the D50 for sure.

Jan 13, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #12 of 24
Hanr, I have been using my D50-->optical out-->ibasso DB1-->balance out to--SR71b-->balance out to 2x XLR-->LCD2  sound is very very good.  This set up could match some desktop set up. 
Note, the above setup will allow you to bypass both the build in DAC and Amp in the D50.  But it is not as portable as it is transportable.

But if you just want to use line out (thereby only bypassing the build in amp) the sound will improve quite significant also.

I tried D50-->mini to mini line out-->Pico Slim/RSA Mustang/Protector/SR71b-->JH13.  All sounded better than my ipod.  If Size if not an issue for you, I think I will try the Stepdance for sure.

Jan 13, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #13 of 24
I probably am sounding like a broken record on the subject of synergy between the Stepdance and D5000 so I apologies for that!

To my ears the two are a perfect combination, they really do sing with each other and one simply gets lost in the music and forgets one is listening to it through a reproduction system!

For my hearing with the stepdance set on high current and gain the Denon's are driven to perfection and I have never needed to go above 12.00pm on the volume control even of the quietest of my recordings!
Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back