Help!?!?!?
Oct 9, 2011 at 4:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

shadowxeagel

New Head-Fier
I am currently on a 200 dollar limit and I have narrowed down my headphones to:  Ultrasone DJ1 PRO, Denon AH-D1100, V-Moda M-80, and V-Moda Cross-Fade. 

I want to know which excel in the criteria of:

1. Portability 
2. Durability 
3. Overall Sound
4. Bass
5. Noise Isolation/Cancellation/Leakage
6. Look
7. Comfort

Now i'm not a total bass-junky, but more of in the middle of bass-lover and audiophile. So which headphones are right for me? 

Thank you in advance for your time.

Oct 9, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #2 of 9

I have a review of the DJ1 Pro here on head fi as seen here, I also have a D1100 review floating here as well.  

http://www.head-fi.org/t/536185/you-asked-for-it-you-got-it-ultrasone-dj1-pro-review

I have never used the DJ1 model, only the DJ1 Pro model which is basically the same with different shaped earpads and a slightly more smooth bass experience.  Now, I absolutely loved the sound, the bass was very nice and powerful but I found the set unusable due to it being extremely large.  If you are okay with huge heavy headbands, you might like it.  

The denon had excellent bass quantity but slightly above average quality, it was very punchy and not at all forgiving.  It is very comfortable and small, not fond of the design of the headband as it makes you look a bit like a football <  >  but it was pretty good.  

As for the Vmoda M80, absolutely love the hell out of it and its the only one out of that entire list I want to keep.  Its small, light, comfortable, with an exceptionally large soundstage but the set is colored very well and has 9/10 clarity in the lows, mids and highs.  Something none of the other brands had.  It has powerful deep bass, I am not a bass head but it leaves me more than satisfied.  It is not as deep as the Ultrasone, but its definitely a better quality to my ears than the Denon.  The downside is the vmoda is the most expensive out of them, but, its the best performer, most clear, and most portable.  

Amazing little set in the M80, shockingly good. 

Oct 9, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #5 of 9
Pretty much everyone eyeballs me in a good way, interested in what brand they are and how they sound.  Most of them will compare them to ( THAT BRAND THAT MUST NOT BE NAMED ) but they are always surprised and shocked by the overall clarity of this set.  It's one of the best portables if not THE BEST portable I have ever used.  Being so small and light and having lots of cable options ( comes with three kevlar reinforced cables, two with mic controls, one normal )

They are eye candy as well as ear candy, you can't go wrong and I don't think you will be let down if you buy them, but if you have the ability to demo them, please do so.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back