Help with decision on $100 - $200 portable headphones.....
Jun 7, 2011 at 11:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

rbaskew2011

New Head-Fier
Well I've been listening to my beats by dre solos for the past couple of years ( I know they aren't the most popular cans around here) and last week they just broke on me. I've got some extra cash since I just graduated and was thinking about getting a new pair of phones in the $100 - $200 range. I'm open to in-ear although I would prefer on-ear or over-ear. I listen to all genres off my iPhone @ 256-320 kbps. I really don't know what direction  to go in. Any help is welcome. Thanks 

Jun 7, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #2 of 6
A good IEM, at least, for the "all genres under $200" market would be the VSonic GR07.  It's very genre agnostic and works with pretty much every song I throw at it and sounds wonderful straight from an iPhone.  Rather comfortable too.

Jun 8, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #4 of 6
They are very well balanced, and the bass can hit hard if it needs to, and it will stay back when it should.  Pretty good sub bass presence.

They can respond to EQ fairly well I've heard, but I haven't really gone much out of my way to try EQing them yet.  They've been tuned pretty well to be non-fatiguing stock, and I kind of like it that way.

It can be a pain in the ass to find them online though...lendmeurears is the best place to buy them from generally but they're not always in stock there.  Otherwise ebay seems to be the only other real choice...there won't be any fakes out there for these, so no need to worry about that.

Jun 8, 2011 at 2:41 PM Post #6 of 6
TF10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back