[HELP] Which Headphones to buy
May 15, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #47 of 63

Quote:
Just get the ATH-M50's and be happy with them. 
smily_headphones1.gif
 They sound great and don't look too bad either. Great starter can.

Would you rather look like a hipster/consumer whore (beats) or a DJ (M50)? The choice is yours.

I've heard the Beats, and they're awful in terms of sound and build quality. I tried a pair of Beats Solo at the apple store, and they broke as I was putting them on. One of the employees said that was the third display model that had broken that week.

(btw, sorry if I offended any hipsters/consumer whores)

Woah, let's not take this too far.  I'm not sure if you've seen this corona light commercial, but the second DJ appears to be wearing some beats. I'm pretty sure he's the real thing and not some random actor.
biggrin.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wWLktiiqqw

May 15, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #48 of 63

Quote:
Woah, let's not take this too far.  I'm not sure if you've seen this corona light commercial, but the second DJ appears to be wearing some beats. I'm pretty sure he's the real thing and not some random actor.
biggrin.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wWLktiiqqw

I stand corrected. But what I was getting at was the fact that the M50 is very popular amongst DJs and studio engineers because that's who it was designed for. Beats were designed for consumers. The M50 is a professional headphone and Beats are consumer headphones.

May 15, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #49 of 63
This is what im doing:

I just purchased a set of Beats by Dre off Moon Audio for $185 plus my monster turbines which i sent back for replacement

Im going to use it for a while until i dont like it or i think its a crap headphones and then sell it on my countries "e-goods website"

After that, ive tried the good looking headphones, i will be using good SQ ones and this is where the phiaton MS400 will come into place

May 15, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #51 of 63
I've found that dealing with double-wire entry is kind of like having IEMS or earbuds in. So if you're used those, full size or portable headphones with double entry aren't a big deal.

er... nevermind, I suppose.

May 24, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #58 of 63

Quote:
YES! HOLY MOLY, THESE ARE ****
I guess its just i havent heard ay better headphones lol

Well, until you have the means or intent to upgrade in the future, you should probably stay far away from head-fi for now. :p

It's fine to be satisfied with what you have.  If you haven't heard anything better, then perhaps it should stay that way.  Trying to make you upgrade now would be like trying to make someone satisfied with their HD595 upgrade to an HD800 simply because it's better.

May 24, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #59 of 63

Quote:
Received my Beats today...
OMG I LOVE THEM, THEIR BASS IS SO PUNCHY
I feel like im going to get flamed for that lol

Wha...? I thought I would never see the day this would be uttered on Head-Fi... I don't even...

Whatever you like, I guess. I just can't believe that after being on Head-Fi for almost a year you didn't realize the Beats are garbage not the best 'phone you could purchase...

Just saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back