[HELP] Which Headphones to buy
May 10, 2011 at 10:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 63

blackz88

100+ Head-Fier
Hello

Im currently deciding on buying a pair of headphones for my self

I have the Monster Turbines and Brainwavz M2 earphones and i love the bass on both.

I do like bass because i listen to a lot of pop music.

Currently i have the Monster Beats by Dr Dre Studio in mind but it is a expensive headphone.

So im here to ask for some other recommendations of Headphones

I looked at the multiple headphone reviews thread and also found the Audio Tehnica ATH 50 quite interesting too

Please also suggest someother headphones for me

Thank you

May 10, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #2 of 63
Okay, so you're looking for full-sized headphones?  You should've posted it in the other board then.

Also, even though the Beats are expensive, it doesn't make them good...they're quite looked down upon around here due to their crappiness-to-price ratio.  What exactly are you looking for here though?  An upgrade to your Beats?

May 10, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #5 of 63
I'd strongly recommend you think twice about getting the Beats, they're pretty awful for their price.  And honestly, I don't particularly like the way they look either. :p

If you want something that looks pretty awesome, you could check out the Phiaton MS 400, or even something like the Skullcandy Aviators.  Don't think there are many reviews for the Aviators yet though...but you might as well check them out and see if you like how they look/sound.

May 10, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #6 of 63
For full size in that price range you should consider the Audio Technica ATH-M50's.   Try posting in "Headphones (fullsize)".  You'll get a lot of people +1'ing the M50's.

May 10, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #7 of 63

Quote:
Hello

Im currently deciding on buying a pair of headphones for my self

I have the Monster Turbines and Brainwavz M2 earphones and i love the bass on both.

I do like bass because i listen to a lot of pop music.

Currently i have the Monster Beats by Dr Dre Studio in mind but it is a expensive headphone.

So im here to ask for some other recommendations of Headphones

I looked at the multiple headphone reviews thread and also found the Audio Tehnica ATH 50 quite interesting too

Please also suggest someother headphones for me

Thank you

nuff said.

May 10, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #8 of 63
The have aviators in Apple stores for auditioning.  Also the $150 VModas.  I only tried them for a minute or so since I'm not in the market for dynamic headphones in that price range and they weren't awful sounding.  I didn't listen long enough to form a stronger opinion than that.  That's pretty much my opinion on Beats as well, although I think they're ugly.

May 11, 2011 at 1:47 AM Post #14 of 63

Quote:
I'd strongly recommend you think twice about getting the Beats, they're pretty awful for their price.  And honestly, I don't particularly like the way they look either. :p

If you want something that looks pretty awesome, you could check out the Phiaton MS 400, or even something like the Skullcandy Aviators.  Don't think there are many reviews for the Aviators yet though...but you might as well check them out and see if you like how they look/sound.

The Aviators have weak bass..  shockingly so..    I was comparing them to my aiaiai tracks instore and even with the low isolation of the tracks, the bass ripped Aviators to shreds..  but the Aviators sound good in their own more flat signature

Sony MDR xb700 or xb1000 for bass..  wait will you be bringing these out????

May 11, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #15 of 63
Hello

Lookied at the Phiaton MS400 and it seems pretty good
Im more of a fashion person than sound
I love the looks of
Sennheiser HD25-1 adidas one
Dr Dre beats studio
Phiaton Ms400

Also heard ATH M-50 needs an amp?

Which would the best to get?

yes and i will be bringing this out on buses, car plane rides etc

Users who are viewing this thread