Im more of a fashion person than sound
I love the looks of
Sennheiser HD25-1 adidas one
Dr Dre beats studio
Phiaton Ms400

Also heard ATH M-50 needs an amp?

Which would the best to get?

yes and i will be bringing this out on buses, car plane rides etc

All of those are excellent except for the Beats, they honestly can be beaten by headphones 1/3 of their price.  But here, you should really check out this:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/433318/shootout-78-portable-headphones-reviewed-sennheiser-px90-px100-ii-added-04-17

Check out the respective sections for each of these headphones and see what you think.  The Beats definitely rate the lowest of all of those on your list, by far.

May 11, 2011 at 6:50 AM Post #17 of 63

Quote:
Hello

Lookied at the Phiaton MS400 and it seems pretty good
I love the looks of
Dr Dre beats studio
Phiaton Ms400

MS400 is probably your best choice. As someone with bass-boost permanently on, my brother wanted beats but I steered him toward the MS400, and it turns out he loves them. Although, the M-50 would be another good choice, I haven't heard them but they have a great rep, and should run fine unamped.

I love my HD25's, the amount of detail they offer is excellent. The bass is very tight and definite, but I'm hesitant to recommend them to you, compared the rest of the headphones you're looking at and what you already have you might find them slightly lacking in bass extension and volume.

May 11, 2011 at 7:58 AM Post #18 of 63

Quote:
Hello

Lookied at the Phiaton MS400 and it seems pretty good
I love the looks of
Dr Dre beats studio
Phiaton Ms400

The M50's are very easy to drive.  I've used them with a Sansa Clip+ and HTC Evo before.  However, I do have a portable AMP/DAC for my laptop and when driven through that they do sound better.  The difference is not drastic however.  I think this will generally be the case with full size head phones given a better DAC and power source.  The M50's will gain a lot less from amping than something like an HD650.

http://www.headfonia.com/closed-cans-shootout-m-50-esw-9-t50p-hd25-1-beats-studio-srh-840-srh-750dj-k181dj-and-dj1pro/

May 11, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #19 of 63
FYI, i have a HTC legend phone and will be using this to play my music

I tried to get a Adidas HD 25 but i dont know if they can ship to me

I found a brand new authientic $190 beats studio and may go with this since this is a lot below the normal price

May 11, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #20 of 63

Quote:
FYI, i have a HTC legend phone and will be using this to play my music

I tried to get a Adidas HD 25 but i dont know if they can ship to me

I found a brand new authientic $190 beats studio and may go with this since this is a lot below the normal price

I must say, the Beats aren't worth it even at $190.  For that price you should go for the Phiatons.

May 11, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #21 of 63
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=330561673954&si=1kgPWBIMT%252BQgeYdWe4fkuU0%252FeAo%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AX%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1123

Is this a fake beats?

May 12, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #22 of 63

Quote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=330561673954&si=1kgPWBIMT%252BQgeYdWe4fkuU0%252FeAo%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AX%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1123

Is this a fake beats?

I have no clue, but beats are incredibly easy to find fake.  If they're sold on ebay for less than what you can find them on, say, amazon, then there's a very good chance it's fake.

May 12, 2011 at 7:47 AM Post #23 of 63
It's sounds like the look / brand / style of a pair of head phones is really important to you and why you're leaning toward beats.  If that's the case, I think that's totally fine.  You want to be happy with what you've purchased because you have to live with it.    

That particular ebay seller appeared to have a pretty good rep, and it looks like he/she hasn't been selling a bunch of beats head phones, but who really knows.  The fakes are done really well and as mentioned above the price is usually too good to be true.  If you do a youtube search for "fake beats" you can find some people comparing real vs fake.

May 12, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #25 of 63
Just get the m50... You say you don't care about SQ, but when you hear these you're going to re-evaluate your former position.

And btw, the beats studio sound about $150 less than what they list for with terrible build quality. I think the new solo/solo HD have a better build. Don't buy these off ebay, you're pretty much throwing your money away for a fake product without a warranty. If you want a real monster product at a discount buy through the monster outlet page (google it).

May 12, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #26 of 63
After around 10 Hours of researching and strolling around on the net, i found a couple of candidates .

Heres a graph to show them,

Looks                                                           Sound Quality
<------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
Beats Studio
                                    Phiaton MS400
             Senn. HD25ii Adidas
                                                        Senn. HD598

Those 4 are currently what i may buy with Studio having best looks and crappiest sound

May 13, 2011 at 5:34 AM Post #27 of 63

lol..  hows the hd598 at the bottom of your style ratings????

Quote:
After around 10 Hours of researching and strolling around on the net, i found a couple of candidates .

Heres a graph to show them,

Looks                                                           Sound Quality
<------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
Beats Studio
                                    Phiaton MS400
             Senn. HD25ii Adidas
                                                        Senn. HD598

Those 4 are currently what i may buy with Studio having best looks and crappiest sound

May 13, 2011 at 6:20 AM Post #29 of 63
Hi Blackz88

I'm far from an authority on great bass head cans but recently I've been playing around with the Sony MDR XB bass heavy line. I own the the MDR XB 500 and the MDR XB 700 headphones. Although these cans are far from what could be termed as audiophile headphones they are rather nice warm fun sounding sets of cans with excellent bass slam. The XB 500 is the more aggressive sounding of the two headphones and packs the more potent lower mid frequency bass slam of the two. The XB 700 is the bigger brother of the XB 500 and has a wider sound stage and is also no slouch to bass slam. The 700 also has slightly better mids smoother highs and the mid bass frequency is slightly more controlled. They are both marketed for mobile use and can be powered unamped if you so choose. Both can easily be sufficiently power from an iPod although I do find the XB 700 does sparkle a little brighter performance wise with an amp. Both are by far more reasonably priced then the Beats and look rather nice if you want good looks. The only bad thing I have to say about them is they're a complete fail with rock unless you like your rock overly bass heavy. These cans shine only with rap hip hop electronica and modern pop music. The best analogy I can give is the XB 500 will invade your skull and pummel your brain into mush with a heavy dose of bass assault while the XB 700 will feel more like you're in a club slam dancing an arms length away from ten feet high speakers. Give them a demo you might be impressed with my suggestion.

May 13, 2011 at 7:51 AM Post #30 of 63
Pick something and roll with it :) .  I always make the mistake of spending too much time researching and reading opinions, etc.  Worst case scenario is that you buy something, don't like it and turn around and sell it for probably a small loss.  Also, it's not like beats will have knock your socks off horrible SQ.  The point I often see people making with beats is just that for that price you can have it better.  However, you need to weigh how important the style / look factor is and that might be a good reason to buy beats if that's _really_ important to you.  The scale is good, but what is your weighting? Is SQ 75% and style 25% or 50%/50%?  I +1 the m50's but you seem to have ruled that out already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back