HELP Newbie with Headphones and Amps needs something for Dubstep/Electronic!
Sep 10, 2013 at 4:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Rivington

New Head-Fier
Hey,
I am pretty new to the headphone and Amp/DAC market and need help with a few things.

BTW i listen on Android device (Galaxy S4) though i do have an IPOD 4th Gen if that would be better. (i can move my music.) Next for the headphone AND DAC i have a combined budget of 600 but could go over by about 100 if i really had to.

First off, I love listening to skrillex knife party Zomboy ETC, and need a good set of cans for my needs. I want the base to be VERY strong.
I have heard of a few names:
Ultrasone 750 -- IDK is it better than the 900?
Ultrasone 900 -- Apparently really good, will it meet my needs?
Denon A-HD2000 -- I would buy this if i had bottomless pockets.

Next i need a good DAC/AMP in one kit. Although i could get a seperate kit i use my headphones to and from school so i think that would be a bit beefy... 
I have heard of a few names:
fIIo E9 -- Is this good? i dont think its combined though
fIIo E11 -- No DAC? is it still good?
fIIo E17 -- Great functionality but looks ugly!
Theorem 720 DAC -- Im not made of money
JDS labs C5 -- This looks pretty good but doesnt have a DAC.

So i would just like some recommendations tailored to my listening (and my budget $700 at most). I do listen to music with a bit less bass sometimes so the trebles can't be completely crap..

Thanks for helping me out! Also i live in AUS so postage might be a problem but im sure ill find them off ebay or amazon or something.

EDIT: Charging the device at the same time would be a bonus (like the Theorem 720 DAC)

Sep 10, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #3 of 4
Heya,

Keep using your S4 if you want, and buy PowerAmp app ($5). Awesome, by far, the best app for Android playback of all media (includes FLAC).

Bassy setups to use with any DAP:

Ultrasone PRO 900 with Fiio E11 or CMOY - Gobs of bass, gobs of treble too.
M-Audio Q40 with Fiio E11 or CMOY - Gobs of bass, smoother treble, and less expensive.
Denon D600 with Fiio E11 or CMOY - Big bass, sparkly treble.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back