Help needed: UE Triplefi ear cushion solution - large ear canal
Sep 15, 2011 at 7:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Greg_R

New Head-Fier
I've had a set of UE Triplefi Pros for that few years and have always enjoyed them when I can get the earbuds to seat correctly in my ear canal. I also have a set of ER4Ps which fit significantly better. By "fit better" I mean that they stay seated / sealed for a longer period of time.

The UE foam plugs work well when new but they quickly lose their spongy-ness (moisture/wax/???). I have never gotten any of the silicon buds to seat properly in my ears (they fall out very quickly). Keep in mind that I have no such problems with the stock ER4s silicon ear pieces!

I like the silicon solutions because I can pull them off and clean them every now and then.

- Does anyone have any UE specific tips on working with the silicon ear pieces? I've tried all the tricks I'm aware of (tug lower ear, yawn, etc., etc.).
- Are their any 3rd party solutions that would work with the triplefis?
- Any other thoughts / solutions?

Sep 16, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #2 of 9
Try Monster stock silicone tips (the real ones, not the fakes on AmaBay) or gel supertips.  Solved all my TF-10 Fit/comfort issues and sound better.  Monster even makes triflanges like your Ety tips if you can tolerate the depth of the inserts.  I tried them and they sounded great but HURT my ears.

Oct 18, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #3 of 9
Thanks for the help!  I was able to find the foam & gel tips but not the tri-flange.  Does anyone know of a source for the tri-flange option?

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Foam-SuperTip-Sampler-Starter/dp/B003TFEHMA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1318980291&sr=1-1

Oct 18, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #4 of 9
Large Shure olives are another great option, although you have to either stretch or remove the core to get them to fit. I used a pair of needle-nose pliers to stretch them, and they fit after a few tries. Getting them off was challenging, and one has to be very careful not to break the nozzle.

Oct 19, 2011 at 8:43 AM Post #5 of 9

Quote:
Thanks for the help!  I was able to find the foam & gel tips but not the tri-flange.  Does anyone know of a source for the tri-flange option?

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Foam-SuperTip-Sampler-Starter/dp/B003TFEHMA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1318980291&sr=1-1

Either try a Monster dealer or try and trade with someone on here who doesn't use them.  Good chance that all the ones on AmaBay are fake and the fake Monster silicones aren't as good as the genuine thing (shaped slightly differently).

Oct 19, 2011 at 11:56 AM Post #7 of 9
Guidostrunk,
   UE used to offer this service for the triple-fi's but I'm unable to find it as an option on their website.  Are there 3rd party vendors that will make the custom earpieces?  Thanks!

Greg

Oct 19, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #8 of 9
It's a service called "reshelling". Do a search on headfi for Inearz, unique melody and 1964 ears and take it from there. Basically these companys take the innards of the triple fis and turn them into customs. You will have to get a set of ear impressions done and send them in along with the headphones.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back