help need suggestion for an amp that works good with ipod touch
May 7, 2010 at 10:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

slickooz

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I want to know what amp you guys think would work best with ipod touch. I'm currently using UE TF10. Thinking about going custom, I'm leaning toward Fisher Hearing. I don't want to spend too much on the amp. What would u guys suggest? And what else do i need once i have an amp? I just started and i love the sound of TF10 compare to my crappy stock headphones.

Are there any good amps for under 100, if not how about 200?
Thanks guys. With all these upgrade I'm going be broke soon. lol

May 7, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #2 of 4
I use two amps, one of which only comes with headphones and that is the Stax SR001MK2, connected with a LOD (essential I think!) the itouch sounds wonderful (lossless of course!)

My other set up is Gary's PA2V2 with my AKG K701's. A lot of folks here say that the portable amps don't have aenough power to drive the 701's effectively, that has not been my experience! Comparing with a normal mains amp I find not a huge difference to be honest.

I also have been using the amp whilst using my Denon c700's, I have found that the amp has given those phones a greater depth and clarity to the music. Gary is a sheer joy to do business with as well! The LOD is the only interconnect I use on these as well!

May 7, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the fast reply.I was reading a little about the arrow amp. The review seemed to like it a lot. It cost around 250. Where can I find a cheap and good LOD? I want something that is very slim and so it doesn't bulk up my ipod.

May 8, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #4 of 4
I was very pleased with fellow forum member barqy's LOD.
Here is a link to him!
http://www.head-fi.org/user/barqy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back