HELP....need help choosing a good set of IEMs
Apr 9, 2013 at 12:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

yjasmene

New Head-Fier
I have spent countless hours reading threads on here and looking up reviews on several sets of IEMs. I had a pair of UE super.fi 5 pros. They were stolen and I'm trying to find another pair of IEMs. I bought the UEs on Ebay 2 yrs ago new for a steal and now they aren't making them anymore however I've been looking at the triple.fi 10's which seem to be prolific on there right now. I loved the signature of the UEs. I seem to prefer a warmer more neutral tone.

I really don't want to spend more than $200 and I've been looking at westones um2, klipsh x10i (had some of their speakers some time back they I also like the sound signature of those) shure se425 and monster turbine. My music taste is eclectic but mostly rock. I'm not opposed to getting another pair of UE's but they and the replacement cables are getting hard to come by since they don't make them anymore. Unfortunately I don't have a higher end store where I can go listen to different  brands of cans to see if I like the signature so anything I buy I would be taking a chance of being disatisfied. There are literally dozens of IEMs out there.

Are there really single armature IEMs that rival the sound of those with multi-armature construction?

Please give me your opinions, thanks  (these would be used with a sansa fuze)

Apr 9, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #2 of 2
Shure SE425 are one of my favorites, also try the Fischer Audio DBA-02 MKII is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back