Help me pick out the best earbuds for me under $60?
Sep 10, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:
Etys are for people who want detail. For bass heads, they won't work.

My ER4Ps are great for detailed mids and highs--incredible--but meh for bass. It's there, but it's uninspiring because it's overshadowed by the clarity of the mids and highs.  And I think this is why sometimes people are disappointed in balanced armature IEMs when it comes to bass, even though they can be boosted to have a bass emphasis. 

(and yes, I use the ER yellow foamies to make certain I get a deep insertion and great seal--lol)

Sep 10, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #17 of 20
My ER4Ps are great for detailed mids and highs--incredible--but meh for bass. It's there, but it's uninspiring because it's overshadowed by the clarity of the mids and highs.  And I think this is why sometimes people are disappointed in balanced armature IEMs when it comes to bass, even though they can be boosted to have a bass emphasis. 

(and yes, I use the ER yellow foamies to make certain I get a deep insertion and great seal--lol)

Dude, You are a prime candidate for the NRB Mod...

I would highly recommend it to you.

Cheers from another Ety Head, Jim

Sep 10, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:
Dude, You are a prime candidate for the NRB Mod...
I would highly recommend it to you.
Cheers from another Ety Head, Jim

Yeah, well, I got to pay to get 'em fixed first.  Changing out my foamies for my 3rd set (that's how often I use them), and the plastic barrel broke on one side at the tip when pulling it out.  I realize that ear wax probably contributed to that, but for what the ER4Ps list at MSRP, they ought to be made stronger than that. 

Sep 10, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #20 of 20
Yeah, well, I got to pay to get 'em fixed first.  Changing out my foamies for my 3rd set (that's how often I use them), and the plastic barrel broke on one side at the tip when pulling it out.  I realize that ear wax probably contributed to that, but for what the ER4Ps list at MSRP, they ought to be made stronger than that. 

I would shoot Ety an email... Or give them a call.

You might be surprised.

Good Luck, Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back