Help me pick my next Headphones!
Oct 19, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #17 of 33

Quote:
I think you might like this
http://www.ourearphones.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4

Well done sir!  Those are definitely the ones the OP should go with.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 19, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #18 of 33

Quote:
How bad of an issue? This is a concern if I'm benching, or even lying back in my computer chair.

Where at? Do you have a pair? Can they drive an iPhone well without an amp?

It's pretty bad. I don't recommend it if your leaning back.

Oct 23, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #20 of 33

Quote:
I got mine from Buy.com, you can also check amazon and J&R.
The Denons are low impedance so they can be used without a amp but I like them much better with at least a portable but you have that option.

I think I'm going to go with the Denons. Is there an amp you can suggest that's really cost effective? Or is it a sort of go big or go home type of deal?
I found a pair for 279

http://www.head-fi.org/products/denon-ahd2000-high-performance-over-ear-headphones/reviews

Also the top review here says if you don't EQ them they won't sound great. What's your experience with that?

Oct 23, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #21 of 33
it would have to be like 50 or under, otherwise I don't have the money to buy an amp at this point, maybe in the future like 6 months from now, but for now I just don't have it. That being said is the e5 type model even worth it if I can only spend 50 or under on an amp or should I just not even bother.

Oct 23, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #22 of 33
I think I'm going to go with the Denons. Is there an amp you can suggest that's really cost effective? Or is it a sort of go big or go home type of deal?
I found a pair for 279

http://www.head-fi.org/products/denon-ahd2000-high-performance-over-ear-headphones/reviews

Also the top review here says if you don't EQ them they won't sound great. What's your experience with that?

I use the FiiO E7/E9 ($200) combo for amplification, you can try the E7 alone as a portable amp.

I did not EQ my Denons but that is purely personal preference, you can play around and see how you like it.

Oct 23, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #24 of 33
can we discuss the idea of wearing full size cans to the gym further?

Oct 23, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #26 of 33
i just don't think its a good idea.
hell i can't even wear iem's to the gym very well.  the cords in the way, they get ripped out my ears often.  let alone a full sized expensive can that will be sweated upon and the last thing you want to worry about while your squating or benching is wether your cans are about to slide off your sweaty head.

buy the denons and then also order a pair of JVC Marshmallows for the gym

Oct 23, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #27 of 33
All depends on what exercises you're doing. I think squats should be alright, but might be a little unwieldy with a long cord.

Oct 23, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #28 of 33

Quote:
i just don't think its a good idea.
hell i can't even wear iem's to the gym very well.  the cords in the way, they get ripped out my ears often.  let alone a full sized expensive can that will be sweated upon and the last thing you want to worry about while your squating or benching is wether your cans are about to slide off your sweaty head.

buy the denons and then also order a pair of JVC Marshmallows for the gym

I already have JVC earbud headphones, they're the step up from the marshmallows.

I've been working out for 6 years now (I'm 19) I've worn full headphones for probably four of those years, and I've never, ever, broken a pair of headphones while working out. There's no need to. How can they fall of your head if you're looking up and keeping your back straight like you should be? The only time I can think of them falling off is squat jumps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back