Help Me Decide, the Ageless, Epic Debate of the RE-ZERO v.s the RE0
Feb 19, 2011 at 4:49 AM Post #17 of 27
Probably, you'd be lucky to get RE-ZERO with the TRS plug and not the balanced plug. I bought one recently off the FS forum (the one shipped free with HM-601). I find the cable quality to be much better. As far as SQ goes, I'd agree with Inks. At first, I did not think too highly of them, but after a few days now, I prefer them easily over the RE0.

Feb 19, 2011 at 7:58 AM Post #18 of 27
I think that the new re-zero batch comes adaptor-free

So maybe you worry for nothing
wink_face.gif

Quote:
pulled the trigger on the RE-ZERO's

The cable will annoy me I can say with 100% confidence, but I know I just wouldn't be satisfied with the RE0s sound as much as I would with the RE-ZERO

Feb 19, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #20 of 27
That's odd. There's been a lot of talk about the TRS-plugged RE-ZERO and a number of people definitely have them. They look quite distinctively different from the RE0 in person, so I don't see how there could be an error there.

Anyway, I think you made the right choice. I've been very happy with the RE-ZERO as my only IEM for about eight months now, and they keep finding ways to surpise me. The clarity, the silky-smooth midrange and the incredibly tight but present bass. I don't think you'll be disappointed, even if you do get one with an adapter.

Feb 19, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #23 of 27
I have seen an adapter free RE-ZERO in Hong Kong as well (not a fake for sure). Maybe they aren't released to the US markets?

Feb 19, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #24 of 27
I think in this case, the RE-Zeros that are in the US store all have the TRRS plug and the newer batch Zeros (that are still in asia) have the standard plug. But the people who ordered the 601/Zero combo got some of those from asia because the 601 itself was just being produced and shipped from there. This is just my take on it, could be wrong. 

Feb 19, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #25 of 27
It says in the blog and the shop discription that those adapter free RE-ZERO are bulk item without any packaging (just comes in plastic bag, no box).
So it's definitely not something you can get through standard channel via head-direct.
In fact, I have a feeling that they are stuff that the manufacturing factory sold without head-direct's consent (usual stuff with Chinese factories), considering that genuine RE-ZERO is advertised to be limited edition model and only 1000 have been made.
I'm not saying it's a total fake, it probably came from the same factory that genuine RE-ZERO are made, but it's just a shame repsectable resellers are handling grey items.

Feb 20, 2011 at 12:17 AM Post #26 of 27

Quote:
It says in the blog and the shop discription that those adapter free RE-ZERO are bulk item without any packaging (just comes in plastic bag, no box).
So it's definitely not something you can get through standard channel via head-direct.
In fact, I have a feeling that they are stuff that the manufacturing factory sold without head-direct's consent (usual stuff with Chinese factories), considering that genuine RE-ZERO is advertised to be limited edition model and only 1000 have been made.
I'm not saying it's a total fake, it probably came from the same factory that genuine RE-ZERO are made, but it's just a shame repsectable resellers are handling grey items.

100% authentic unfortunately. It even came in a proper box. I know the store that sell these, they aren't handling gray items at all. Considering where Head-Direct produce their items, I am not surprised about this actually.

May 12, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #27 of 27
Quote:
I think in this case, the RE-Zeros that are in the US store all have the TRRS plug and the newer batch Zeros (that are still in asia) have the standard plug. But the people who ordered the 601/Zero combo got some of those from asia because the 601 itself was just being produced and shipped from there. This is just my take on it, could be wrong. 

just bought a used RE-ZERO online, the dealer claim that it come with the 601 when i asked him about the re-zero have TRS instead of TRRS, and he told me about its limited edition has something to do with the jack is not TRRS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back