Help me Decide on In-Ear's ~100$
Jan 10, 2012 at 12:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

JacKerouac

New Head-Fier
I'm sure there is countless threads on this already...But, I was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction or give advice on the best In-ear Buds around 100 bucks.

It can be a bit over or under...I like a nice balanced headphone, not bass heavy, but not missing the bass. I have been listening to a lot of Moody Blues lately and would like to be able to pick out all the orchestrated parts.

I was considering the Etymoic Research MC5, but am open to other options. I used to have Shure SE215's or something around that pricerange. I really enjoyed them, but was very new to audio back then.

I saw Klipsch got decent reviews, but saw a lot of negative things about comfort/sound.

Sorry for rambling...Show me some options!

Jan 10, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #2 of 6
"balanced, not bass heavy, but not missing the bass".

Sounds like you are headed in the right direction considering Ety's (I would use that same phrase to describe my HF3's).  You could probably find the HF5 for $100 (i see a pair from Amazon right now for $97), they are a step above the MC5.

Jan 10, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #4 of 6
If you could stretch your budget a little bit I would suggest to go for GR07 or TF10. Also you can read about jvc fxt90 but they may be a little bit too bassy for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back