Help me choose my first tube amp and DAC?
Mar 26, 2024 at 4:02 PM Post #17 of 21
Thank you very much :) it shouldnt bother me then, cuz i don't plan to use IEMs in the future. Also very good that be balanced output has even lower noise floor.
Absolutely! You don't notice the noise floor unless you are wearing IEMs and only when there is a period of silence or if there is a very quiet section like in symphonic music. Generally, I feel that it's a great system and I've been really happy with it. I like the fun factor and engaging sound that it delivers! I've also found that it can scale up with a better DAC!

Mar 27, 2024 at 7:15 AM Post #18 of 21
One more thing i noticed and have to ask (sorry i'm not that much into the electrical part of audio) is that the Xduoo ta-22 provides 3000mW of output Power on it's balanced output. My TH900’s tho are specified with a max input of 1800mW. Could using that 3W output in general somewhow fry my TH900's, or only if i go full ham with the volume?

Mar 27, 2024 at 7:50 AM Post #19 of 21
One more thing i noticed and have to ask (sorry i'm not that much into the electrical part of audio) is that the Xduoo ta-22 provides 3000mW of output Power on it's balanced output. My TH900’s tho are specified with a max input of 1800mW. Could using that 3W output in general somewhow fry my TH900's, or only if i go full ham with the volume?

You'd turn your ears into smoking craters long before the headphones suffered any damage.

Mar 27, 2024 at 9:58 AM Post #20 of 21
What you are pointing out is max output. The gain setting and volume knob reduce said power output to user defined levels.

Mar 31, 2024 at 7:28 PM Post #21 of 21
Perfect, exactly what i needed to know :) thank you both. Already ordered some new stands for my Speakers so that i have space underneath of one of them for that "chonky" amp :D thing is like 2x the size of my Fostex HPa4BL and my desk is kinda full

Users who are viewing this thread

Back