Help me choose! (B&W P5, Klipsch x10i)
Nov 17, 2010 at 2:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Compfreak

New Head-Fier
I'm currently having a hard time making a decision between these two headphones (err earphone too). I'm by no means an audiophile, however I enjoy "decent" sounding music. My sound experience is a bit limited. Had the Bose QC3, ready to switch.

Klipsch x10i:
Benefits: More isolation, a little bit better sounding then the P5
Negative: Makes my ears feel weird after using them for a few minutes

B&W P5:
Benefits: Pretty sturdy design, decent sound, good casing, not in ear, comfy
Negative: Not that great of a rating on Head-Fi

Price wise I was able to get the x10i (new) for $210 and the B&W P5 (new) for $270.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Aug 11, 2011 at 4:55 AM Post #2 of 2
Wow none answered you in almost 9 months lol.  Though I'm sure you made your decision right now, I'll try to answer your question.  As far as the Klipsch image x10 goes I find them very comfortable.  They are great because I can just pack them in their little leather box and take them where ever I go.  I barely know they are in most the time and find them very comfortable.  The sound is amazing and even more amazing when you see how small they are.  The question is do you really like in ear headphones?  The B&W P5 on the other hand wont fit in your pocket.  Alot of people might not like them but when you read the reviews its a lot of audiophiles trying to compare them to their Sennheiser hd800 or ultrasone edition 8's.  The p5s are ear pad headphones and the should be judged as so.  The only thing I really don't like about klipsch image x10i is the cords feel really fragile.  I'm probably going to put shrink tubing on them to reinforce the strain reliefs and the jack.  The p5 has a removable cable so that's not going to be a problem.  If I were you I would try the P5s.  They are pretty good sounding headphones and less likely to be buyer's remorse in a few years.  Good luck I hope this helps someone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back