Help! Looking for open headphones with short cable
Nov 20, 2010 at 4:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mcnoiserdc

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi!

I would like if you guys know of any headphones that have short cable, up to 1.5 metres, open and high quality. Another thing is that is should be easy to drive.
I need it because I don't want to be attached to my desk all the time. For that I have the sennheiser hd 430.
My budget is up to 200 USD.

The sennheiser HD 595 would do if it didn't have that long cable and 6.3 mm plug and bad adapter. Something smaller whould be good too. I have been looking at the grados, but not decided to take the plunge yet, as the cord seems to be long...
I would like something balanced. I have the esw9 which is closed and have a bit of augmented bass. So Something clear would complement.

I have the Fischer audio DBA-02 IEMs. Something with same quality would be great.

Nov 20, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #2 of 3
Learn how to solder. Buy a cheap pair of headphones to practice on. Then you can buy any headphone and make the cable any length you'd like.

It really isn't that hard. I just recabled my Sony MDR-V6 the other day. I removed the coiled cable and replaced it with a straight one.

Nov 20, 2010 at 4:48 PM Post #3 of 3
I could do that, but as I don't have much money I normally tend to live things as they are because I may need to resell them.
Thanks for the suggestion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back