Help! Is it worth to buy? ATH M50 + DT770 pro + Fiio E17 (Alpen)
Aug 18, 2012 at 12:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

harimauboy

New Head-Fier
Just wondering,is it worth to buy this bundle.
ATH M50 + DT770 pro + Fiio E17 (Alpen)

Or u guys can suggest me other cheaper headphone with same sound quality.
Or suggest me another cheaper amp with great quality.
Thanks for your help!

Cheers!

Aug 18, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #5 of 13
You can spend a little more and get some Hifiman HE-400s instead.... It is worth it. Of course you would want a more powerful amp to power them for the best sound. As for the two that you asked about, I haven't tried the Dt770s, but the m50s are excellent for their price. And like GigaFi said, you should just buy one headphone, try it out, and get another one if you want to later.

Aug 19, 2012 at 6:59 AM Post #6 of 13
thanks for the suggestion.
actually,my first choice is m50.i want to taste the beauty of m50 first.
after doing some research,i think it will be better to upgrade to dt770pro
after im done with m50.

im buying two headphones because i will get some discount if i buy it bundle.
since i got some extra cash now,i think its better two buy two headphones instead.

so,whats your suggestion guys?

Aug 21, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #9 of 13
no point in buying two headphones in a similar price range unless you have a huge discount

Aug 26, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #10 of 13
BUMP! 
biggrin.gif

Aug 27, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #12 of 13
If you are looking for recommendations, probably best to go over to the full size headphones forum area and ask this question in the Recommendations thread. These headphones you are considering tend to get discussed in that forum on head-fi more so than over here. 

Also, people will be better able to help you if you describe what kind of music you want to use them for, how you expect to use them (strictly at home, in your office, on the subway), and what your source player is, as well as the price for the bundle (to make certain you are getting a good deal).  

That being said, if you are looking for headphones for bass heavy music, I'd recommend checking out the Ultrasone HFI-580. They have awesome clean bass once broken in 
smile.gif
 Here's the reviews listing page

Users who are viewing this thread

Back