help in selecting a pair of headphones for pc and radio studio use
Feb 25, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #16 of 21
Feb 25, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #18 of 21
I am very pleasead with mine. While currently i enjoy the HD 598 best, the HD 448 remains my second favourite, being a little brother of the other. These two sound very similar, its just that the HD 598 has more muscle, more impact when put on a powerful source.

I can't see how you could be dissapointed by how these sound. My only fear was you might want a tight fit for radio use, and these are lose on the head for maximum comfort. Aside that they have good noise isolation so that's a plus.

Anyway, if you take them, i hope you return here with your own impressions.

Feb 25, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #19 of 21
i am glad you are satisfied with them. i don't think i'm gonna be disappointed with them either, if you take into account that right now the ones we are using at the radio station are the akg k44.

they are not bad for their price, but the long use, and from different people doesn't do them well

i will make sure i will get back with my comments

btw. have you burned them or just let them grow with the use?

Feb 26, 2011 at 5:13 AM Post #20 of 21
I didn't burned them, i let them play music for hours and hours each day. They are made for music reproduction and i think its safer that way. After like a week, 10 days, they were great. Don't overdo, they will optimise if you listen at them normally.

Feb 26, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #21 of 21
i also thought about leaving them evolve normally and not burn them in via pink, white or any other colour sounds. 

i will prefer that and i hope they turn out well. but of course, i have to buy them first. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back