Help finding a good pair of headphones?
Feb 19, 2011 at 2:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

nugget275

New Head-Fier
I'm assuming you're all audiophiles, so hopefully you'll know what you're talking about and will be able to help me.

The key things I want would be
-a detachable cable (preferably one that isn't 20 feet long, I actually want to be able to walk around with an mp3)
-balance (I understand when something is unbalanced, and I would be too bothered to an extent, but I don't want something dusgustingly unbalanced like skullcandy)
-something that looks good (like I said I want to be able to wear them around, they don't need to be a work of art, but you understand)
-around ear design (I don't like things sitting on or in my ear)

other nice things are comfort, durability, nifty extras, and whatnot.

If anyone on here knows of some decent, hopefully good, headphones that fit this mold please let me know. Thanks! :)

Feb 19, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #6 of 20
Well, I'm in high school and I can't find a job. So, with that said my max is gonna be right around $200 (preferably less). I'll but you can always shop around and find things down as much as like $50-$100 so...

Feb 19, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #7 of 20
Ok so here is a first recommendation for you:

I just bought some Grado sr60i's and they are absolutely fantastic ! I am already a huge Grado fan, so I will recommend the the SR125I and the SR225i....I doubt you will even care whether they are on or around ear after listening to how they sound...TRUST ME......they are mindblowing......Grado's do leak sound....so it will be a problem in a library....anywhere else your pretty much good to go.....

Feb 19, 2011 at 3:45 AM Post #8 of 20

Quote:

I just bought some Grado sr60i's and they are absolutely fantastic ! I am already a huge Grado fan, so I will recommend the the SR125I and the SR225i....I doubt you will even care whether they are on or around ear after listening to how they sound...TRUST ME......they are mindblowing......Grado's do leak sound....so it will be a problem in a library....anywhere else your pretty much good to go.....

Ohh yah the cable you can just put in the pocket...and Grado's look very different and attract a lot of attention. so far my attention has all been positive :)

Feb 19, 2011 at 3:54 AM Post #9 of 20
Beware of Grado.

The build quality can't hold up to most of the other headphones on the market.

Grados are a matter of taste. I don't like their sound very much.

Beyerdynamic builds very sturdy headphones.

I'd recommend the more expansive models.

They also have new portable ones.

Feb 19, 2011 at 4:30 AM Post #10 of 20

Quote:
Beware of Grado.

The build quality can't hold up to most of the other headphones on the market.

Grados are a matter of taste. I don't like their sound very much.

Beyerdynamic builds very sturdy headphones.

I'd recommend the more expansive models.

They also have new portable ones.

I beg to differ I've had the SR60i and SR80i for quite a while with no issues, along with a few higher models.

Feb 19, 2011 at 8:10 AM Post #12 of 20

Quote:

Grado's meet none of his qualifications, and you also have never tried the Sr125i, nor the Sr225i. Please stick to recommending headphones you've actually used, as well as keeping them on topic rather than spam for post count.

Edit: Sorry I don't have any personal recommendations, but the Audio Technica M50 are pretty well regarded it seems. I'd read up on them, though they don't have a detachable cable like you want. They do sit on-ear though.

Feb 19, 2011 at 8:56 AM Post #13 of 20
because wearing headphones is all about looking cool.

You won't regret buying Grados. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back