Help deciding for new headphones under 200 usd
Oct 8, 2012 at 11:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

aud3nz

New Head-Fier
Hello, I currently own the Hd 428 and Hd 419. I mostly listen to Rock.  (For example: Metallica, Blink-182 and The Killers.) I would like them to have punchy bass. under 200 please. 

How big is the jump from Hd 428?

I was looking at the M50's  Are the sutiable for my taste/needs?
Is there a better headphone around the same price?
How does the Bass compare to XB500?

Thanks for reading and helping out!

Oct 8, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
Hello, I currently own the Hd 428 and Hd 419. I mostly listen to Rock.  (For example: Metallica, Blink-182 and The Killers.) I would like them to have punchy bass. under 200 please. 

How big is the jump from Hd 428?

I was looking at the M50's  Are the sutiable for my taste/needs?
Is there a better headphone around the same price?
How does the Bass compare to XB500?

Thanks for reading and helping out!

Hey, OP, have the HD428s as well. The bass isn't exactly the punchy or most full-bodied around. So it won't be hard to find something with the bass you want. Haven't heard the M50s, but from what people say, they might be good for your music. Also take into consideration the Denon HP700s, they seem to have really nice, tactile bass.

Read this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-104-portable-headphones-reviewed-klipsch-image-one-added-10-02-12

Of course, this is barely under the budget,  but for rock music and something with punchy bass, the HD-25-1ii are one of the favourite headphones around. Nice, slightly forward and aggressive sound that sound amazing for stuff like rock, and the bass is some of the tightest and punchiest out of a portable can. They're also very serviceable (every part on it can be replaced), built like a tank, and isolate extremely well (almost IEM like).

Oct 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
Hey, OP, have the HD428s as well. The bass isn't exactly the punchy or most full-bodied around. So it won't be hard to find something with the bass you want. Haven't heard the M50s, but from what people say, they might be good for your music. Also take into consideration the Denon HP700s, they seem to have really nice, tactile bass.

Read this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-104-portable-headphones-reviewed-klipsch-image-one-added-10-02-12

Of course, this is barely under the budget,  but for rock music and something with punchy bass, the HD-25-1ii are one of the favourite headphones around. Nice, slightly forward and aggressive sound that sound amazing for stuff like rock, and the bass is some of the tightest and punchiest out of a portable can. They're also very serviceable (every part on it can be replaced), built like a tank, and isolate extremely well (almost IEM like).

I know that HD 428 doesn't have punchy bass and this is one of the reasons why i want to upgrade. I had seen the HD 25-ii but i strongly prefer over the ear. Thanks for reading and responding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back