Helm DB12 Portable AAAMP
Apr 12, 2022 at 6:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

05.vishal

New Head-Fier
Guys,

I just got hold of Helm DB12 AAAMP, a small device that adds more power to your source. The main purpose of buying this one was to enable my trusty Sony Discman, to drive a few of my power-hungry IEMs.

This can be used with any source that has a 3.5mm audio jack. I tried it with my Samsung Galaxy S10 while I played my Apple Music Playlists and the sound was just so good out of the DB12. What this amp does is that it basically adds 12db of Linear Gain and it also has an independent bass boost of 6db. A pure analog device with no need for any third-party software to govern the operation.

While this is only my second day of use with the DAB12, I can still say that if you have a decent enough DAC in your phone/laptop or if you want your Discman to shine, this comes in handy. The form-factor enables the use to be as portable as your source is. Just plug-n-play.

I will share some photographs of DB12 with my sources within a day or two. I was just so satisfied with the initial performance, i thought i should write about it.

Users with Db12 are welcome to share their opinions as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back