Hello, I am looking for an decent IEM for sleeping, Not willing on spending more than $700
Jun 17, 2013 at 3:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

weize1234

New Head-Fier
Im sleep on my side. Currently I am looking at Shure se535, are these comfortable enough for sidesleepers?  Dynamic driver headphones are too long, I can feel its putting pressure in my ear canal which is very uncomfortable. Balanced armature headphones are usually not as long and much flatter. Has anyone tried to sleep with Shure IEMs? Or is there any other better options? Thanks!!

Jun 17, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #4 of 13
phonak PFE are by far the most comfortable headphones i've ever worn thus far.

You'll hear the phrase "disappear into my ears" often, but the description has never been more apt for me. And i own custom IEMs.

Jun 17, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #5 of 13
I think they are comfortable. I have been using the 215s every night for months with no problems. I use them with the iPhone cable so that when the snoring gets louder I can hit the button.
I also have the 535s and have used them, but prefer to use them when I can enjoy their quality.

Jun 17, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #6 of 13
I use a pair of URBANEARS iem I got at BESTBUY during Christmas. They are extremely comfortable sliding right into the ear with no abrasive pressure putting them in or out. Its like having soft tissue in your ears that totally blocks out all external sound. The sound quality is amazing with very clear treble and plenty of stomping bass. I use a Sansa Fuze with them whenever am out and about.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Bagis+Earbud+Headphones/5052861.p?id=1218604308998&skuId=5052861&st=urbanears&cp=1&lp=2#tab=overview

You can also get them at AMAZON-

http://www.amazon.com/Urbanears-BAGIS-In-Ear-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B00594GM5Y/ref=sr_1_15?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1371497505&sr=1-15&keywords=urbanears

Jun 17, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #7 of 13
For sleeping I'd get some cheaper IEMs, Soundmagic PL50, E30, or Hippo ProOne

Jun 17, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:
I use a pair of URBANEARS iem I got at BESTBUY during Christmas. They are extremely comfortable sliding right into the ear with no abrasive pressure putting them in or out. Its like having soft tissue in your ears that totally blocks out all external sound. The sound quality is amazing with very clear treble and plenty of stomping bass.

amazing? they are better than stock headphones that come shipped with many smartphones (maybe excluding beats audio). In any case, almost any > $40 iem from vsonic or brainwavz leaves is in another league.

Jun 17, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #10 of 13
I have a pair of Shure SE535, but find them a bit large for sleeping.  My favorite IEMs for sleeping are Westone UM1.  They sound very good and balanced for the price, and they are tiny and lay flat within my ears.

Jun 18, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

amazing? they are better than stock headphones that come shipped with many smartphones (maybe excluding beats audio). In any case, almost any > $40 iem from vsonic or brainwavz leaves is in another league.

Am just going by what my ears hear and to me they sound great. I have some ninety dollar Shure SE115-K iems I brought a year before getting these and I prefer the Urbanears with their much more full sound then I do the Shure with its no bass audio and discomfort. Am not a big iem person and use them mostly when am outside but I have noticed the excellent isolation of the Urbanears which has made me wonder what else is out there. Still I have to watch out for upgradititis and be happy with what is satisfying me. Thanks for the input axw. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back