Heed CanAmp
Apr 16, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #1,591 of 2,784
What do these experts generally say then? Is it real burn in or brain burn in happening?

Having a control source that hopefully isn´t affected by burn in and such to compare with should help. As for soundcards they don´t have any moving parts for sure so they shouldn´t be affected or? Same with DACs?

How reliable would my soundcard be as reference or my Pimeta with several thousands of hours on it already?

But then if there is such a thing like brain burn in that won´t say much... Since then the sound changes even though it doesn´t in real life lol.

Need to get out of here this place makes me paranoid
biggrin.gif

Apr 16, 2007 at 9:04 PM Post #1,592 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Hi

I thought he was comparing a Heed to an X-fi.....

Can you elaborate? I don't understand.
confused.gif
confused.gif

USG

Read oqvist posts and be confused...

Don't get me wrong as ever being more than honest in this thread. Never did I imply this piece to be an end all amp. Although, it maybe for some at its price point. I've ranked what I own. And pointed out the power switch problem I experienced even. And its eventual replacement under warrentee.

I've asked some preformance questions of oqvist as well as for him/her to fill out their profile for a gauge of experience, rather than quessing if the line out of the card is being used or the material format etc. ; Or the build, then cost of the Pimenta which was said to preform as equal to this CanAmp. Recieved very little as to its power supply but cost 160 which she/he wasn't sure if "that was to much and maybe got ripped off" ; But the X-fi pro replaced the pimenta and it doesn't get played much any more. Movies sound better on the X-fi pro....lol

And you're confused
rolleyes.gif
confused.gif

Apr 16, 2007 at 9:33 PM Post #1,593 of 2,784
Lol you are not the only one getting confused on how this stuff works

movies was actually better on the Heed due to more bass response
wink.gif
. That was what I said
wink.gif
Music was better on the Pimeta.

Now the Elite PRO and Heed is identical for everything... O think the Elite PROs external consol uses some burr brown something... As you hear I am no expert on technicalitys
wink.gif

As for the Pimeta I gave you all the info I could give you on it. I know it has the AD8620 opamps otherwise I know nothing about it. Except it works great
wink.gif

However maybe I just have one of the no bass days today though have never had two in a row.... That was the only area where I could detect any real differences between the Pimeta and Heed. Even if it was for long anyway to the Pimetas favour...

Will make another check tomorrow...

Apr 16, 2007 at 10:07 PM Post #1,594 of 2,784
I'm officially about to join the craziness and jump onboard the CanAmp train! Put down my deposit today, should be here in a few weeks. It's time to find out what makes this amp so great and if it can hang with the GL v2 w/ DPS, GS-1, and even the GS-X! Bring on the deathmatch!!!!
tongue.gif

Er yeah, and then I'll most likely proceed to sell it afterwards.
redface.gif
biggrin.gif

Apr 16, 2007 at 10:13 PM Post #1,595 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm officially about to join the craziness and jump onboard the CanAmp train! Put down my deposit today, should be here in a few weeks. It's time to find out what makes this amp so great and if it can hang with the GL v2 w/ DPS, GS-1, and even the GS-X! Bring on the deathmatch!!!!
tongue.gif

redface.gif
biggrin.gif

Now a comparison between the CanAmp and the Dynalo I'd love to see.
smily_headphones1.gif
Or, whatever variant of it (Lite, GS-1, whatever).

Apr 16, 2007 at 10:40 PM Post #1,596 of 2,784
Quote:

tongue.gif

redface.gif
biggrin.gif

You mean what's left of it.. the gs-x will CRUSH the Heed...
wink.gif

Hehehe...

Apr 16, 2007 at 10:55 PM Post #1,597 of 2,784
Does anyone know what the ampere rating is for the CanAmp? Or how many watts it consumes? I've ordered the 110 V version (since I think it's cheaper and I can use it while I'm in the States) which will eventually be used in the Philippines (where 220 V is more common). I'd like to find out what the max output of the transformer I will eventually use needs to be. Thanks!

Apr 17, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #1,598 of 2,784
Quote:

tongue.gif

redface.gif
biggrin.gif

Excellent news ASR, put this CanAmp in its rightful place amongst the compition as you hear it, with as thorough a review as you can.

Apr 17, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #1,599 of 2,784
There might be something to this "burn in" process. I listened to the Opera off and on since receiving it and post 100 hours there is a noticeable difference, and I know it's not my brain (well maybe
blink.gif
)..

Apr 17, 2007 at 3:20 AM Post #1,600 of 2,784
good to check back here and see that there is still such a buzz going on. im a happy heed owner, if only for the huge soundstage, bass and weight. it is one of the most weighty amps i have heard, not as sharp sounding as the meier mkii, but brilliant. great match with both of my beyer (dt880 and 770).

ill probably sell it soon or trade it for a more portable xin supermacro as i am moving again, but far far away, too far for a mains powered amplifier. i love it, think that it is certainly the most fun mains amp i have heard and for the price... hmmm, quite good indeed.

i got the supermicro for size and i think the supermacro iv will be just that but more oomph.

one thing i notice is how much the soundstage is huge with it. i get chills with my dt770 for certain movies (serenity) and for electronic music, it rocks. i cannot comment on any other type as basically i only own electronic music!

it loves upgraded sources too. i have heard it with decent components, rubbish components and portable components and it scales well with each. amazing machine. nothing bigger ever needed.

was it finthen saying about the volume going up smoothly with no distortion? yes, for high-impedence phones that is true, but for the dt770 80, it will sizzle a little at the highest 80% and above volume (not that i ever listen to that volume when the phones are on my head).

it was my first purchase to just see what it sounded like. great nab it was. enjoy all of you new heed owners!

Apr 17, 2007 at 3:24 AM Post #1,601 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by leener /img/forum/go_quote.gif
P.S. By the way beautiful eyes under d-see, they are not "yours"?

no, see below
Quote:

Originally Posted by RasmusseN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a girl from a bad counter-strike team the leader photoshops all the pictures to the extreme making them look like barbies.

this is probably all true, i used to play counter-strike. she is a counter-strike player, that's all I know/knew
Quote:

Originally Posted by spukee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My friend wants to have a go at modding my canamp - I'm a bit hesitant to let him at this stage hehe... I don't want to be too hasty!

I'll definitely do this. The RS-1 bloomed after 200 hours and the K701 after 350, I've got all the reason to believe in burn in
smily_headphones1.gif

d-cee - after a couple of hundred hours burn, you might want to A/B mine against yours - let me know. Then perhaps you can share your perspective on the matter.

if we do it needs to be before he mods it! =D
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Canamp is on the way! Tommorrow I will get it. I am all ready to fully modd it. I even bought silver solder and silver wires to replace internal wiring.

awesome, let us know how it all progresses, what are you planning on doing?

Apr 17, 2007 at 7:08 AM Post #1,602 of 2,784
Quote:

tongue.gif

redface.gif
biggrin.gif

I predict the GS-1 will be better and of course the GSX will dominate it.

It should hang with the Gilmore Lite though

edit:

sorry, need to rant about this womans counter-strike team
biggrin.gif

I hate these woman teams who get so much respect just because there girls. We are playing a video game it doesn't matter if your a girl.

to prove to you there bad there CAL-O 5-2-0
http://www.caleague.com/?page=teams&teamid=134526

here is there site: ( notice the sponsorship by Kotex )
http://www.everground.com/

Apr 17, 2007 at 10:30 AM Post #1,603 of 2,784
Quote:

awesome, let us know how it all progresses, what are you planning on doing?

I am going to do following when it arrives!

RUBYCON ZA capacitors for 100Uf and 10UF electorlytics
UF4002 Ultra fast diodes bypassed with 0.001Uf Ceramics
OPAMP rolling with LM4562
PANASONIC TS-HA 10000Uf 35V Capacitors
100nF and 10nF caps replaced with polyprophelenes
470NF Wima MKS4 Bypassed with Polyprophelenes
Caddock 100ohm resistors heatsinked
Silver wires and silver solder

Apr 17, 2007 at 1:10 PM Post #1,604 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am going to do following when it arrives!

RUBYCON ZA capacitors for 100Uf and 10UF electorlytics
UF4002 Ultra fast diodes bypassed with 0.001Uf Ceramics
OPAMP rolling with LM4562
PANASONIC TS-HA 10000Uf 35V Capacitors
100nF and 10nF caps replaced with polyprophelenes
470NF Wima MKS4 Bypassed with Polyprophelenes
Caddock 100ohm resistors heatsinked
Silver wires and silver solder

just a tip, at the front of the amp near the volume and headphone out, when desoldering components take extra care, pads lift quite easily on the opamp and the components around it

anything past the big heatsinks is solid

Apr 17, 2007 at 2:28 PM Post #1,605 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL, you guys are very funny....
eggosmile.gif

Let's get this straight about the Heed CANAMP. It is a nice amp for it's price point, but it is not the be all and end all. If you look through this thread, you will see that I'm not the only person to point this out.
580smile.gif

The Heed CANAMP is especially good if it is your first amp, your only amp or if you have little or nothing to compare it to, but it has been hyped way out of proportion.
wink.gif

But that's not what we're talking about.....

USG

When I read this my first reaction was that I started laughing.
biggrin.gif
So much irritation, intolerance, anger, almost rage! So aggressive , so abusive! I thought – “this must be personal…” .
What this little hungarian thing did to you? Why it makes you so mad? Why is it so important for you to find something “negative” about it? It feels like you only visit this thread in hope to find something “bad” about Heed and when you find you cry out loudly: “Yes! What have I told you? This damn thing just CANNOT be that good! I knew that!”. And if you don’t see for long time what you are looking for you lose your temper and you start writing yourself…
And how you write it? You put words into opponents mouth which they did not say and you build on it as on a base your arguments to prove them wrong.
Example. You say: “It is a nice amp for it's price point (and you make it sound like as if the price was the ONLY good thing about CanAmp), but it is not the be all and end all…”, and you say it as if all this thread was full of stupid unfounded praises and in every second post everybody was shouting: canamp is the best of all! nothing can compare to it! And THIS IS JUST NOT TRUE! CanAmp has its strong sides and its not so strong sides ( I remember 2 or 3 different guys were talking about detail being better with some other amps, but I have no clue of their price range - this is just the very first thing that come into a mind…) like every other amp and everybody is free to mention ones if he notices… but nobody ever said anything about canamp being “be all and end all”. The one who flatly asserts this is just cheating! What makes you to act in such a way? A hurt little ego? But why is it so important to your ego that CanAmp would be a bad thing?

I ask many questions but all those legitimate questions naturally arise from your own texts – I’m not the only one who puzzled by your remarks, I’m just one of few who cared to ask you why… What is so wrong in that something or somebody is good? How does it hurt you personally?
blink.gif

Well, all this is just becoming ridiculous…

I look forward to hear some news from quite a number of new Heed owners, some of them have something to compare with – the better…
Luckily a somebody’s real bad desire to make something look bad can’t make that good thing become bad.
Peace.
plainface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back