Heed CanAmp
Apr 13, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #1,531 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is my assessment that the Heed's strongest suit is bringing out the absolute potential of any given headphone. You are right: it does not color the headphone with its own
signature, it unlocks the signature of the headphone. That is a good amp in my opinion.

Wow, this must the be-all and end-all of amps then if it will really "bring out the absolute potential of any given headphone".
rolleyes.gif

Now I really gotta try it. Anybody in Toronto with it?

Apr 13, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #1,532 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, this must the be-all and end-all of amps then if it will really "bring out the absolute potential of any given headphone".
rolleyes.gif

Now I really gotta try it. Anybody in Toronto with it?

Haha!! Do I detect a note of sarcasm???? hmmmmmmmmm....
etysmile.gif

Apr 13, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #1,534 of 2,784
At around 60 hours burn in, I'm a little bit disappointed with my Heed. There is a certain hollowness and lifelessness that I never experienced with d-cee's modded canamp. It also seems a little bit warmer, so it goes a bit better with the RS-1, helping to tame some of harshness. I'll pursue the full 200 hours burn in as suggested by Wayne, but I'm not expecting any miracles at this point.
plainface.gif

One thing is for sure, the modded canamp is a definite improvement over the stock. The high notes are clearer, the voices have more weight and the bass goes deeper and is noticeably tighter. Most of all, it just sounds a lot more fun. Well done d-cee!!
smily_headphones1.gif

I suggest going down the path of modding the amp for those who have the skill or are brave enough to do so. I guess we have PinkFloyd to thank for that.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 13, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #1,535 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by spukee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At around 60 hours burn in, I'm a little bit disappointed with my Heed. There is a certain hollowness and lifelessness that I never experienced with d-cee's modded canamp. It also seems a little bit warmer, so it goes a bit better with the RS-1, helping to tame some of harshness. I'll pursue the full 200 hours burn in as suggested by Wayne, but I'm not expecting any miracles at this point.
plainface.gif

One thing is for sure, the modded canamp is a definite improvement over the stock. The high notes are clearer, the voices have more weight and the bass goes deeper and is noticeably tighter. Most of all, it just sounds a lot more fun. Well done d-cee!!
smily_headphones1.gif

I suggest going down the path of modding the amp for those who have the skill or are brave enough to do so. I guess we have PinkFloyd to thank for that.
smily_headphones1.gif

I assume you're using the K701s with the Heed?

Apr 13, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #1,536 of 2,784
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

How would you mod the amp?

Apr 13, 2007 at 11:27 PM Post #1,538 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eek.gif
What? Sarcasm? Me? Naaah, couldn't be.

judging from your equipment in your signature, I think the Heed would be a welcomed addition. no $400 amp is the be all, nor is any $1000 amp as I'm sure you know.

Apr 13, 2007 at 11:39 PM Post #1,539 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I assume you're using the K701s with the Heed?

I thought I mentioned that on the thread
smily_headphones1.gif

Yep, I purchased the Heed for the sole purpose of powering the K701.

Apr 13, 2007 at 11:39 PM Post #1,540 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
judging from your equipment in your signature, I think the Heed would be a welcomed addition. no $400 amp is the be all, nor is any $1000 amp as I'm sure you know.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!!!!!
frown.gif
LOL!!!
wink.gif

Apr 13, 2007 at 11:40 PM Post #1,541 of 2,784
Quote:

I thought I mentioned that on the thread
smily_headphones1.gif

Yep, I purchased the Heed for the sole purpose of powering the K701.

I dont read threads, I just jump in!
wink.gif

Apr 14, 2007 at 4:35 AM Post #1,542 of 2,784
Quote:

plainface.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

blink.gif
this is rather disappointing. Do you have any plans on modding your CanAmp?

Apr 14, 2007 at 10:25 AM Post #1,543 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... curious amp this canamp, at first seems like it imposes its own sound sig and but then unleashes different things depending on the headphone...
must be another "synergy" thing

good notice, d-cee, can't agree more
smily_headphones1.gif

about burn in - i did not try to remember order or schedule of changes but if i remember well it was changing constantly but not much and then something like 130-150 bang! in one night sparcle came, just out of nowhere... then few days later (it was on 24/7 and working with pink and music something like 8-15 hours a day) again all of a sudden a bass became deeper and during next 3-4 days settled down to what it stiil is. i'd say bass did not come before 150 i'm almost sure.
d-cee once did a very good remark (can't find it now but it is here in this thread) when asked what was the difference between his out off the box and moded CanAmp. He said something like that moded Heed sounded more like one piece and it practically was implied in his saying that music became more prominent, became priority (it is at least as i remember it, i'm sorry for inaccuracy)... It is exactly what i felt by about a little over 200 hrs. Now it sounds to me very different from out off the box state and so much so that on blind test i probably would say that they are different amps though sound is sort of similar (!?)...
tongue.gif

Apr 14, 2007 at 12:21 PM Post #1,545 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by yrh0413 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
blink.gif
this is rather disappointing. Do you have any plans on modding your CanAmp?

don't be so dissapointed! hear the stock canamp first, maybe let it burn in a little (spukee's isn't burnt in yet) and then decide if you want to mod it...

besides, modding is fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back