Heed CanAmp
Jan 10, 2007 at 12:00 AM Post #781 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
when Hell freezes over

Nice to see that you're keeping your wits about you amidst all the head-y excitement there, Wayne!
280smile.gif

Jan 10, 2007 at 12:44 AM Post #782 of 2,784
Just came across the following update from Heed Audio's UK distributor, t-source:

Quote:

Demand for the CanAmp has been huge and the factory are working furiously to keep up with demand, as well as keep up to speed with everything else - it's great that such a worthy product is finally get proper recognition, and rest assured we are all working to get to a position of having enough stock!!

We will of course run a first come first served basis on fulfilling orders - so rest assured if you've placed an order with a dealer you will get yours as soon as they arrive.

If you're interested and haven't been able to listen to one yet (as many retailers haven't been able to keep any for long enough) - please head down to the Bristol Hi Fi Show, as we'll have at least one on demo...

We'll be updating our re-seller pages soon as we've a few more retailers with accounts now - Loud and Clear, Glasgow Audio & PJ Hi Fi - but they won't have any on dem yet...customers first!

Please feel free to drop us a line if you've any further questions

Jan 10, 2007 at 3:55 AM Post #783 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice to see that you're keeping your wits about you amidst all the head-y excitement there, Wayne!
280smile.gif

I am not so sure! Have you seen Wayne's post on the new Xenos he purchased?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 10, 2007 at 5:20 AM Post #784 of 2,784
I know it's just me, and I know it's slightly off-topic, but the name of this amp reminds me of the Jan-Can-Cook show that was so hilarious back in the late 90-'s. Just thought I'd share, FWIW. Maybe by finally saying it to someone, it will stop running through my head every time I read a post mentioning it.

Jan 10, 2007 at 5:35 AM Post #786 of 2,784
Got this song runnin' thru my head and.....Nevermind
rolleyes.gif
rs1smile.gif

/At least it not so very off topic/ as the Heed RS2 is doing it; Fantastically ;-}

Jan 17, 2007 at 12:04 AM Post #789 of 2,784
Just replaced the NE5532 with a IC socket for opamp rolling. Pretty easy to do if you're willing to sacrifice the NE5532 in the Canamp already (don't worry, it costs pennies to replace). Currently running two OPA627's on a browndog - after 5 minutes well, it sounds like a burr brown chip - the bass is bigger, the sound's more laidback...high's have better 'presence' and clarity and perhaps a touch more detailed. Have some AD843's as well which I'll be rolling in soon.

Jan 17, 2007 at 12:15 AM Post #790 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuppa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Been using the Heed for over a month now and it's been permanently on since opening - burning in nicely. Just received a Xin Supermacro IV LE and I have to say, it sounds better out of the box than the Canamp to my ears with my only phones at the moment - Shure IEMs.

The Heed was gorgeous to listen to, but the SMIVLE is heavenly.

My Grado BDGS-1000s should be here next week so looking forward to some more comparisons.

i really do not think i would use the canamp with iems... that is just it. but with headphones, this amp is leagues ahead of xin's offerings in soundstage alone. details, i have no idea, not enough time with my xin yet, but they are two different categories. iv le was made for the shure, ety and the westone, they heed for the beyers, senns and akgs. cheers

Jan 17, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #791 of 2,784
I totally agree. The only thing that ever sounded marginally "bad" connected to the Heed were my IEMs. The Ety 6s were shrill and harsh, even the Superfi
5 Pros were no bargain. I think this amp's strong attributes are designed
for full size, hungry AKGs or Sennheisers. Believe it or not, the Koss KSC 75
sounded better than the Etys.

Jan 21, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #792 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
isn't it wild how a track will, out of nowhere, suddenly explode out of either the left or right? it is like they never mixed tracks in the 60s.

Mixing did'nt really start until multitrack (more than 2) recording got off the ground in the mid-sixties. Of course, cllearly distinct channels were part of the magic of Stereo when we were first getting to know it. You were expected to do the "mixing" (term probably not invented yet) in your head.

Jan 21, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #793 of 2,784
Motown claims 1964 as the breakthrough year for the introduction of 3 or more
tracks. Some nights with the Heed (very late), I think I hear 64 or more tracks
all layered in multidimensional bliss

Jan 22, 2007 at 1:16 AM Post #794 of 2,784
So AD843's on a browndog doesn't work - the Heed supplies I think 9V to the opamps while they need >9. I have some AD823 (which are confirmed to work), AD8620's, and a LM4562 coming in tomorrow along with the adapters.

Meanwhile I'm enjoying the sound with the OPA627's. Laidback, with lots of detail...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back