HEDD Audio HEDDphone TWO - Now Available for Pre-Order with Special Pre-Order Bonus
Feb 2, 2024 at 11:43 PM Post #46 of 63
when we observe the care given to the different cables, like the quantity delivered, where nothing has been forgotten, it is an obvious sign of respect towards the customer, how many headset manufacturers have had the same attention, carrying with headsets costing two or three times the price or more, the customer is obliged to buy the symmetrical cable, or different adapter, like the pair of pads delivered with it

Feb 3, 2024 at 11:26 AM Post #47 of 63
Really nice headphones. I received today my pair. Good quality on packing, accessories. I'll share some photos.

For me these are speaker-like headphones. I am not quite used with this kind of sound but it's definitely interesting. HEDD Audio was great, informed during the whole ordering/shipping process and everything went smooth. A really nice experience and this brand became one I respect. Good job guys.
How do they compare to the D8000 Pro? I'll should be able to post some further impressions soon, demo model of new batch is coming to my local shop.

Feb 4, 2024 at 2:35 AM Post #48 of 63
How do they compare to the D8000 Pro? I'll should be able to post some further impressions soon, demo model of new batch is coming to my local shop.
I do not have enough experience with it and I listen to both of them with an aftermarket cable, Forza AudioWorks Noir Hybrid. The effect of this cable is to add more body and extend a little bit on both ends, also making the sound more "wet" therefore lively. My first impressions are that D8000 Pro is warmer, more bass and sub-bass but an idea less separation. HP2 puts more air between instruments and lets you hear more. D8000 Pro sounds more organic while HP2 sounds more technical and flat. But the difference is in presentation, in my view HP2 having a kind of speaker-like sound distribution while D8000 Pro sounds more like a headphone. D8000 Pro has thinner pads and the drivers are closer to your ears, this reducing the 3D effect. It is more musical, but on HP2 I feel sometimes I hear some hidden microdetails on songs I knew quite well. In my view is not a difference in detail retrieval but more a matter of tuning. Comfortwise I feel both close, but many complain about the comfort of the D8000 Pro, so I guess the right answer would be that the HP2 wins at this point with the suspension mechanism which was above my expectation. I usuallly do not like such types of headbands because I use the headphones also during my working hours in a multi-monitor setup and I do not like to have them moving on my head. HP2 is comfortable but also keeps them firm on my head after a few adjustments of both straps of the headband. What impresses me is that HP2 can sit at the table with the big boys while keeping a decent price considering all the accesories they included. For example, just look at the prices of a spare pair of earpads on a few other models with higher price range. Regarding cables, for me FAW Noir Hybrid was a big upgrade, even if the stock cable sounded decent. They need an idea more warmth and I like better also the extension on high frequencies. Many are doing this by equalization, in my case, I use tubes and cables for that. Same thing I guess.

I hope I covered some valid points, I am still in the evaluation phase but these grow on me day by day. One of the smartest purchases I ever made. However, they will not replace D8000 Pro and I plan to keep both models. The reason is the bass reproduction and overall more musical presentation.

PS. Does anyone knows how many are they producing / batch? Mine was from the 4th release but I have no idea how many are there already.

Feb 4, 2024 at 5:57 AM Post #49 of 63
I hope I covered some valid points, I am still in the evaluation phase but these grow on me day by day. One of the smartest purchases I ever made. However, they will not replace D8000 Pro and I plan to keep both models. The reason is the bass reproduction and overall more musical presentation.
I anticipated the better bass. It's no slouch in that regard. I also thought that D8K Pro kinda crams things together and Hedd 2 does the opposite.

Feb 5, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #50 of 63
I will try to add a few more words about HEDDphone TWO after my first 4 days of listening. I hope I will not start some useless debates here and I ask everyone to consider these as my honest personal opinions. Since it is a personal view, please take it with a grain of salt. I am also not a good describer of what I hear, but I'll do my best to write something coherent. I feel there is not enough information available about a very interesting design and these headphones deserve to speak more about them.

HEDDphoneTWO_02_Single.jpg

About signature:
I honestly think that HP2 has no signature, it is just transparent and sounds as the music has to be heard from the production desk. The main purpose of these headphones is not to enjoy music but to hear it as detailed and clear as possible. In short words: to work with music, not to listen to it. This is why most people complain about the unexciting nature of it. It's true, they are really unexciting because they lack a signature, but you can add one with smart pairing or equalization. They are also not flat on the whole frequency range and this is, most probably, a limitation of the current version of the AMT driver which reproduces in the best way the midrage but has some problems on both extremes.

About amplifier and cable pairings:
Here I need to describe a little bit how I listened to these in the last 4 days, giving them around 40 hours. Yes, I was quite addicted to them. Of course, my opinions are preliminary and might change. However, even having low hours I consider that I reached a quite stable phase where I think I can share some thoughts.
In the first hours I have used the stock cable and connected the HP2 to my tube amplifier. My tube amplifier is tuned neutral and the signature of the manufacturer was a wide soundstage without harshness, but polite on the top end (this can be also a disadvantage but in case of HP2 avoids any sibilance on top end).
After listening to a few of my favourite albums I was disappointed. Everything sounded flat, unexciting, there was no "wow" factor. For me both highs and lows seemed recessed while the midrange, even if it was very detailed, was dry and sterile. Another problem was that I had big problems to align my expectations to the presentation of the headphone. And here my problem was somehow what I call the sound distribution (note that I avoid using the commonly used "soundstage" term) because in my view, while listening for the first time to an AMT driver, the biggest difference was that the sound was somehow distributed differently than on the headphones. Lacking impact and that "visceral" sound you expect to have from a headphone, which puts the sound more or less "in your head", the HP2 was more a kind of speaker-like presentation where the sound was somehow floating around you and the details were in other places than you were normally expecting to find. Of course, as I said, it might be a problem of mine being unused to AMT drivers or just placebo because my brain was somehow associating their look with tweeter speakers.
In order to mitigate what I was not liking to the sound I switched, after a few hours, to my Forza AudioWorks Noir Hybrid cable and immediately it added more body and extension on both ends. Highs opened as mentioned by several people as being a consequence of burn in. It was an idea warmer sound, more "wet" and lively, with more bass quantity (do not expect here sub-bass wonders but more quantity while not loosing articulation) and the highs went an idea up. So for me changing the cable was a very audible improvement and a big step towards what I was used to like in a headphone. Using this cable for more than around 20 hours did not help me identify any further improvements, which made me think that the headphone drivers do not evolve in time and the jump in sound quality was related mostly to the replaced cable which already had a few thousand of hours on it.
After this phase I took the decision to listen to these headphones on my TT2 integrated headphone amplifier, a recommended pairing by many. While I normally listen to heavy metal and the midrange is the most important aspect for me, I decided to go this time for something more orchestal with female vocals. Because my FAW Noir Hybrid has XLR connector, this forced me to return to the stock cable with the 6.3mm jack. I felt immediately that I lost some bass and highs, the sound became more flat and some of the female voices were sibilant in specific passages. Not everywhere, but here and there. While the clarity was exceptional, the midrange was an idea too dry for my taste. So I was back where it all started, this time with a brighter signature because of the TT2. I did not felt that there were any power or amplification related issues between TT2 and my tube amp, even if TT2 is much more powerful. So in my view, HP2 does not necessarily need a very powerful amplifier, but a mode laid back tuned one to become more enjoyable. In short words, cables and amplifier pairing made a big difference for HP2 and in my case were crucial to be able to properly enjoy them.

About burn in:
As stated in the previous section, when I was forced, because of the lack of XLR headphone connector on TT2, to return to the stock cable after around 20 hours of listening I felt I went back in time to the problems I had with the headphones in the beginning. So, in my view, burn in relates to the cable and not the headphone drivers.

About build quality:
The overal quality is good and the accessories provided are welcomed. However, I consider that the plastic used on the driver enclosures feels cheap and thin. The cable is also very thin and while being light, lacks any premium feel. I think the major design decision here was weight reduction so the made every compromise possible to earn some grams. The carrying case is nice and feels like good quality but I am unsure how many are taking these with them in their travel since they are not so easy to drive. Maybe sound engineers moving from one concert hall to another. I have no idea and it is not my usage scenario. The headband and suspension mechanism is also good, they are sitting firmly on your head and you can work with them without problems. I have no idea how reliable they will be, but the 5 years warranty and 100 days return period are appreciated.

What I do like and do not like:
Here I cannot make a statement without comparing with something else and my only choice is again the D8000 Pro. This morning I returned to it for only a few hours just to see what I will miss from each one of them. During these 4 days I have listened 90% to the same album, so my experience is biased by a corner case, but it is also a good point in the first days because it helps me to make some 1:1. My memory is not a very thrustworthy partner so if I start to listen to mixed compositions I usually loose the ability to compare. Anyway, what everyone expects to hear is that the bass is indeed one of major drawbacks of the HP2. I would say the mid-bass is there but in reduced quantity. The problem is with the sub-bass. However, with the 2 adjustments I have made (cable and tube amplifier) I can say that I am pleased, especially for rock or orchestral. For sure, for electronic music it might not be enough in any case. Again personal preferences. Where HP2 shines is the midrange, where everything is very detailed but also distributed somehow wide, having air between instruments and being able to render with more clarity more complex passages. Voices are somehow in front (here I might be biased by D8000 Pro which has in my view a problem with male vocals and puts them somehow behind their normal place in the recording) and acoustical instruments are very clean and sharp. But the problems come again on higher frequencies where I feel they lack natural presentation. Something is missing there and I still try to understand what is exactly the problem. I like to call them delicate and an idea metallic but for sure, it's not the proper description.
But what I like on the HP2? The transparency and ability to dissect the midrange and present it wider than other headphones. For rock music and electric guitars this is a major improvement compared to the majority of V-shaped more musical headphones (also the case of D8000 Pro). What I miss on the HP2? As I said several times, I would have liked to have more bass extension and more natural highs. However, I know that every fix in a range of frequencies will damage another range.

Conclusion:
HP2 will not be able to replace D8000 Pro. Because both are doing different things. However, while listening to D8000 pro after a pause, I was missing the crystal clear midrange of HP2. It's like HP2 deconstructs the midrange and puts it in front of you in pieces while D8000 pro let's you see it from all angles and you need to decypher each piece by yourself. While listening to HP2 I sometimes miss the more emotional and warm signature of D8000 Pro. While it was not able to replace a headphone I like, it taught me a very valid different point of view and now, because I know it, I feel something is missing on the other one. HP2 is not a good allrounder for me, but it does better on some very specific things which are very important in my case.

I do hope this made sense for everyone.

Feb 6, 2024 at 9:29 PM Post #51 of 63
Conclusion:
HP2 will not be able to replace D8000 Pro. Because both are doing different things. However, while listening to D8000 pro after a pause, I was missing the crystal clear midrange of HP2. It's like HP2 deconstructs the midrange and puts it in front of you in pieces while D8000 pro let's you see it from all angles and you need to decypher each piece by yourself. While listening to HP2 I sometimes miss the more emotional and warm signature of D8000 Pro. While it was not able to replace a headphone I like, it taught me a very valid different point of view and now, because I know it, I feel something is missing on the other one. HP2 is not a good allrounder for me, but it does better on some very specific things which are very important in my case.

you know why the HEDDphone 2 is so successful, it's compared to the HEDDphone 1, it's because of the hp1 which made sales on the hp2 soar, the two headsets are complementary, on the hp1 you will have a restitution which will be more in the low medium and bass, and it does not even cost half the price of the D8000 pro,

Feb 7, 2024 at 1:14 AM Post #52 of 63
you know why the HEDDphone 2 is so successful, it's compared to the HEDDphone 1, it's because of the hp1 which made sales on the hp2 soar, the two headsets are complementary, on the hp1 you will have a restitution which will be more in the low medium and bass, and it does not even cost half the price of the D8000 pro,
I bought HP2 because I wanted to try the AMT driver. Unfortunately for me HP1 is not wearable. I have long listening sessions, I also work with the headphones on my head, so the weight of HP1 is not an option. Even D8000 Pro or HP2 are at the limit. But HP2 is more comfortable as D8000 Pro. D8000 Pro is a better headphone, at least for me, but of course, much more expensive. Besides the bass, in my view also the highs are recessed, so they need to do something at both ends.

I thought in the last days about the flat sound of HP2. The one everyone calls "normal" or "unexciting" and which I called "lacking signature". I think it's the sound of the rest of the chain. It's the Chord sharp aggressive sound. Other headphones or amplifiers are adding something on top of it, this one which is designed to work with music shows you exactly what's there to let you compensate. So it might work better on R2R DAC or something else than what I am using. Unfortunately I do not have one anymore, I had a Rockna Wavelight which I have sold because it was too mellow and slow for my taste. That one should have fixed the HP2 up to a point. It's all about synergy. I was normally doing things differently until now, neutral DAC, neutral AMP and tubes + HP to add some salt and pepper. Since HP2 has no signature, I guess you need to add it by tuning the rest of the chain which might be a quite big investment. Or to already have that kind of chain in place, not my case.

In my case I have decided to return the HP2. The HEDD were very friendly and fast answering. A top company from every point of view. I regret doing this but it does not make sense to keep something which is not suitable for me.

Feb 7, 2024 at 1:17 AM Post #53 of 63
I will try to add a few more words about HEDDphone TWO after my first 4 days of listening. I hope I will not start some useless debates here and I ask everyone to consider these as my honest personal opinions. Since it is a personal view, please take it with a grain of salt. I am also not a good describer of what I hear, but I'll do my best to write something coherent. I feel there is not enough information available about a very interesting design and these headphones deserve to speak more about them.

HEDDphoneTWO_02_Single.jpg

About signature:
I honestly think that HP2 has no signature, it is just transparent and sounds as the music has to be heard from the production desk. The main purpose of these headphones is not to enjoy music but to hear it as detailed and clear as possible. In short words: to work with music, not to listen to it. This is why most people complain about the unexciting nature of it. It's true, they are really unexciting because they lack a signature, but you can add one with smart pairing or equalization. They are also not flat on the whole frequency range and this is, most probably, a limitation of the current version of the AMT driver which reproduces in the best way the midrage but has some problems on both extremes.

About amplifier and cable pairings:
Here I need to describe a little bit how I listened to these in the last 4 days, giving them around 40 hours. Yes, I was quite addicted to them. Of course, my opinions are preliminary and might change. However, even having low hours I consider that I reached a quite stable phase where I think I can share some thoughts.
In the first hours I have used the stock cable and connected the HP2 to my tube amplifier. My tube amplifier is tuned neutral and the signature of the manufacturer was a wide soundstage without harshness, but polite on the top end (this can be also a disadvantage but in case of HP2 avoids any sibilance on top end).
After listening to a few of my favourite albums I was disappointed. Everything sounded flat, unexciting, there was no "wow" factor. For me both highs and lows seemed recessed while the midrange, even if it was very detailed, was dry and sterile. Another problem was that I had big problems to align my expectations to the presentation of the headphone. And here my problem was somehow what I call the sound distribution (note that I avoid using the commonly used "soundstage" term) because in my view, while listening for the first time to an AMT driver, the biggest difference was that the sound was somehow distributed differently than on the headphones. Lacking impact and that "visceral" sound you expect to have from a headphone, which puts the sound more or less "in your head", the HP2 was more a kind of speaker-like presentation where the sound was somehow floating around you and the details were in other places than you were normally expecting to find. Of course, as I said, it might be a problem of mine being unused to AMT drivers or just placebo because my brain was somehow associating their look with tweeter speakers.
In order to mitigate what I was not liking to the sound I switched, after a few hours, to my Forza AudioWorks Noir Hybrid cable and immediately it added more body and extension on both ends. Highs opened as mentioned by several people as being a consequence of burn in. It was an idea warmer sound, more "wet" and lively, with more bass quantity (do not expect here sub-bass wonders but more quantity while not loosing articulation) and the highs went an idea up. So for me changing the cable was a very audible improvement and a big step towards what I was used to like in a headphone. Using this cable for more than around 20 hours did not help me identify any further improvements, which made me think that the headphone drivers do not evolve in time and the jump in sound quality was related mostly to the replaced cable which already had a few thousand of hours on it.
After this phase I took the decision to listen to these headphones on my TT2 integrated headphone amplifier, a recommended pairing by many. While I normally listen to heavy metal and the midrange is the most important aspect for me, I decided to go this time for something more orchestal with female vocals. Because my FAW Noir Hybrid has XLR connector, this forced me to return to the stock cable with the 6.3mm jack. I felt immediately that I lost some bass and highs, the sound became more flat and some of the female voices were sibilant in specific passages. Not everywhere, but here and there. While the clarity was exceptional, the midrange was an idea too dry for my taste. So I was back where it all started, this time with a brighter signature because of the TT2. I did not felt that there were any power or amplification related issues between TT2 and my tube amp, even if TT2 is much more powerful. So in my view, HP2 does not necessarily need a very powerful amplifier, but a mode laid back tuned one to become more enjoyable. In short words, cables and amplifier pairing made a big difference for HP2 and in my case were crucial to be able to properly enjoy them.

About burn in:
As stated in the previous section, when I was forced, because of the lack of XLR headphone connector on TT2, to return to the stock cable after around 20 hours of listening I felt I went back in time to the problems I had with the headphones in the beginning. So, in my view, burn in relates to the cable and not the headphone drivers.

About build quality:
The overal quality is good and the accessories provided are welcomed. However, I consider that the plastic used on the driver enclosures feels cheap and thin. The cable is also very thin and while being light, lacks any premium feel. I think the major design decision here was weight reduction so the made every compromise possible to earn some grams. The carrying case is nice and feels like good quality but I am unsure how many are taking these with them in their travel since they are not so easy to drive. Maybe sound engineers moving from one concert hall to another. I have no idea and it is not my usage scenario. The headband and suspension mechanism is also good, they are sitting firmly on your head and you can work with them without problems. I have no idea how reliable they will be, but the 5 years warranty and 100 days return period are appreciated.

What I do like and do not like:
Here I cannot make a statement without comparing with something else and my only choice is again the D8000 Pro. This morning I returned to it for only a few hours just to see what I will miss from each one of them. During these 4 days I have listened 90% to the same album, so my experience is biased by a corner case, but it is also a good point in the first days because it helps me to make some 1:1. My memory is not a very thrustworthy partner so if I start to listen to mixed compositions I usually loose the ability to compare. Anyway, what everyone expects to hear is that the bass is indeed one of major drawbacks of the HP2. I would say the mid-bass is there but in reduced quantity. The problem is with the sub-bass. However, with the 2 adjustments I have made (cable and tube amplifier) I can say that I am pleased, especially for rock or orchestral. For sure, for electronic music it might not be enough in any case. Again personal preferences. Where HP2 shines is the midrange, where everything is very detailed but also distributed somehow wide, having air between instruments and being able to render with more clarity more complex passages. Voices are somehow in front (here I might be biased by D8000 Pro which has in my view a problem with male vocals and puts them somehow behind their normal place in the recording) and acoustical instruments are very clean and sharp. But the problems come again on higher frequencies where I feel they lack natural presentation. Something is missing there and I still try to understand what is exactly the problem. I like to call them delicate and an idea metallic but for sure, it's not the proper description.
But what I like on the HP2? The transparency and ability to dissect the midrange and present it wider than other headphones. For rock music and electric guitars this is a major improvement compared to the majority of V-shaped more musical headphones (also the case of D8000 Pro). What I miss on the HP2? As I said several times, I would have liked to have more bass extension and more natural highs. However, I know that every fix in a range of frequencies will damage another range.

Conclusion:

I do hope this made sense for everyone.
Have you had the chance to try The Composer? It would be cool if could listen to the HP2 and The Composer and throw us some opinions. Cheers!

Feb 7, 2024 at 1:19 AM Post #54 of 63
Have you had the chance to try The Composer? It would be cool if could listen to the HP2 and The Composer and throw us some opinions. Cheers!
No, and I am unsure if I will try too soon another headphone. HP2 was a "TO DO" for me from the release of the first version.

Feb 7, 2024 at 1:37 AM Post #55 of 63
No, and I am unsure if I will try too soon another headphone. HP2 was a "TO DO" for me from the release of the first version.
I gotchu, to me the weakest point of the HP2 is their weight. Like you, I wear my headphones for countless hours in a day, so I guess it will be an issue for me. I wish my K240DF sounded better, I can wear them all-day-long.

Cheers!

Mar 14, 2024 at 11:08 AM Post #56 of 63
Tweo questions.

1. is the sub bass quantity correctable with equalizer? If so, why is this issue such a big deal?
2. Can they be driven to ultra loud volumes without distortion?

Mar 14, 2024 at 3:05 PM Post #58 of 63
It seems these headphones are getting a pretty bad rap. No one is really excited about them even though they seem to have very good transparency and detail.

I'm not sure how to evaluate the posts I have read........ and come to any conclusions...

THe thing is I LOVED the Hedd 1- and the 2 is supposedly not that different-- so I'm confused...

Mar 14, 2024 at 10:22 PM Post #59 of 63
It seems these headphones are getting a pretty bad rap. No one is really excited about them even though they seem to have very good transparency and detail.

I'm not sure how to evaluate the posts I have read........ and come to any conclusions...

THe thing is I LOVED the Hedd 1- and the 2 is supposedly not that different-- so I'm confused...

That's a good question. I would say the lack of excitement is in large part due to Hedd's product design and marketing decisions. Just to set context, I own a HP2, pre-ordered from headphones.com as soon as it was released, and you can see my review earlier in the thread.

I think that although Hedd spent a LOT of time developing the HP2, they didn't differentiate it enough from the old one. Their marketing message was "hey, remember that heddphone that you didn't want? well, now we fixed the headband so it's comfortable! do you want it now?" Obviously that's not a great sales pitch. In their marketing materials and interviews they were really vague about how the actual sound quality improved over the prior model. It's still big and bulky, just not as bulky as before. It still crinkles. It still costs the same as the outgoing model was at launch. So ... people were probably confused about whether it was just the same old thing with a different headband. I think if Hedd had made something radically different in terms of price, looks, or tech, it would have garnered more interest.

To be fair, the HP2 doesn't seem to be a universal-appeal device in the way that a Harman-tuned Dan Clark Audio planar is. There are some people who will not like the sound of it and that's fine, it's still a very good headphone. If you like the original I think you should definitely try out the HP2, odds are you'll like it. I think that this will be a headphone that ages well and builds its reputation as time goes on.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2024 at 11:21 PM Post #60 of 63
Here are my Heddphone One/Heddphone Two impressions from another site:

I really appreciate the loaner. I’ll probs end up w/ 3 posts. This one is called.

Heddphone One meets Two

First, I hadn’t read any of the above posts, but apparently I’m an outlier. And that’s probably because I’m coming from about five hours A/B comparing Heddphone One & Heddphone Two (H1 & H2 from now on).

Chain is

local FLAC on Volumio Primo coax out ==> mScaler/TT2 ==> 1/4 inch outs
local FLAC on Volumio Primo coax out ==> Audio-gd Master 11 ==> XLR outs

Both systems have dual outs, H2 needs 2 clicks less juice. Both have ample power for the Hedds. I only listened to the TT2 chain long enough to determine that I prefer both versions from the Master 11.

The thing is, what I value in H1 is its impact and ‘immediacy’ if you will. And that feels slightly tamed in H2. Specific examples: the long second ‘City’ section of ‘City, Country, City’ from World is a Ghetto has some very sharp percussion strikes which could be kettle drums. They are just not nearly as sharp from H2 as H1. Saxophone on that track doesn’t wail as demandingly. Neko Case’s vocal on ‘At Last’ loses some of its bite. Neil/Crazy Horse material loses some of that ‘Godfather of Grunge’ feel. ‘Aja’ (whole album) leans slightly towards ‘elevator music’. And some of these (esp. the drum thing) are surprisingly noticeable.

I’d guess at least some of that comes from H1’s brighter signature. I wouldn’t call H2 ‘warm’, but warmer than H1 by a little or by a bit more, depending on the track.

Another significant difference is the imaging/headstage. I think a couple others mentioned that H2 varies its image with different material. I agree. Sometimes it feels as enveloping as Empyrean, but without the smear/blur. ‘Hand of God’ by Emma Ruth Rundle really has that in spades.

It always seems pretty intimate but can produce good depth with tremendous separation. I prefer Xfade 1 from my TT2 — same as my HEKse. I’d give it a ‘B’ on my image test track, Van Morrison ‘Sweet Thing’. H1 is more like a ‘C’ by comparison.

H1 & H2 are close to a tie on the Deadphone test. Neither can dethrone Auteur, but they both outperform any other planars I’ve owned or heard. H2 might have a slight edge due to better imaging, or H1 might take the lead due to the way it faithfully brings out Jerry’s clangy guitar.

To be clear, I’m not saying these are bad — they’re not. They’re very technically competent with well-balanced tonality delivering an engaging and revealing look at the music. I like them very much for a lot of my favorite music. They do vocals very well, they have very coherent imaging and they’re darn enjoyable to listen to.

Just saying they don’t replace H1 in my quiver. For me, the headstage advantage doesn’t overcome the immediacy deficit.

To reveal where I think these fit in my quiver, next post title: Hedd into the Expanse

P.S. Guess I should mention the huge wearability/comfort upgrade. Unlike most improvements in audio, this really is night-and-day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back