HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
May 14, 2021 at 1:30 AM Post #3,331 of 4,478
Yes .. amazing realistic fast clear deep impacts in low and ultra low frequencies ... it's very difficult to use other headphones after we are used to this.
Unfortunately those kicks need a rather powerful desktop amp to produce them, which makes it very difficult to find a portable combo to be free at home to listen music in various places.

May 14, 2021 at 1:37 AM Post #3,332 of 4,478
Yeah, I tried them with my iFi Hip Dac and while it sounds decent they just don't have enough power even balanced to push them properly. The iBasso DX160 sounds the best out of my portable gear but still not enough to where I'd use it much.

May 15, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #3,334 of 4,478
I would like to join the club, I bought a used HEDD. Does anyone know where I can buy new earpads, because the person from whom I bought the HEDD smoked cigarettes and the earpads stink of cigarettes and I can't find replacements anywhere..
Send an note to Hedd directly via their website....

Last edited:
May 17, 2021 at 5:07 AM Post #3,336 of 4,478
how does the speed and detail retrieval compare to focal utopia?
I have read that some owners of both headphones think that the Utopia has a deeper stage but maybe less wide, globally more details, though almost nothing on the market can really produce with a proper amp such realistic, fast, clear and deep kicks in low and ultra low frequencies like the HEDDphone can give.
I imagine Focal Utopia can please maybe more users than the heavy and difficult to drive HEDDphone... But I have no mind to quit the HEDDphone, unfortunately HEDD already said that this technology will always be more bulky and heavy than any other...

Last edited:
May 17, 2021 at 5:59 AM Post #3,337 of 4,478
I have read that some owners of both headphones think that the Utopia has a deeper stage but maybe less wide, globally more details, though almost nothing on the market can really produce with a proper amp such realistic, fast, clear and deep kicks in low and ultra low frequencies like the HEDDphone can give.
I imagine Focal Utopia can please maybe more users than the heavy and difficult to drive HEDDphone... But I have no mind to quit the HEDDphone, unfortunately HEDD already said that this technology will always be more bulky and heavy than any other...
Thanks, that's all i need to know.

May 17, 2021 at 7:17 AM Post #3,338 of 4,478
Love the heddphone
It’s given that bulk may be feature not a bug in future iterations but some clever design might alleviate the weight issues.
It’s just a few dozen grams heavier than the LCD-X ( which is on the heavy side already ) but the latter has these nice ‘suspension’ strap that makes weight a non issue by spreading it over a much larger surface area of the head.

May 17, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #3,339 of 4,478
In my case, I have no issue concerning bulk and weight of the HEDDphone (not hot point on top of my head and I can wear them for hours), but I just understand when some users complain about those points... Maybe HEDD should try to solve more or less those issues if they want to increase their sales volume.

May 17, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #3,340 of 4,478
I can wear mine all day long, I got the second revision with the "additional" adjustment length in the headband.
The fit for me is perfect without using any extensions...guess my "head" design" was made for these "Hedds!" LOL!

As far as decreasing the weight I had a direct discussion with Hedd on a video zoom session several months ago and we discussed this and the issue here is with this technology as it is requires large powerful magnets to perform as well as it does...so the weight is very hard to reduce further.

But who knows....the material used for the driver as its in this folded configuration requires more energy to operate.....time will tell..

But at the $1899 price point it compares very well with other more expensive headphones...IMO.

Alex

May 17, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #3,341 of 4,478
I'm used to the weight now but because my head comes to a bit of a point on top they can get annoying after an hour or 2 but I just move them a little forward or back on my head a bit and it's fine. The overall weight isn't that bad and I was more or less used to it after a few days.

As for the SQ I love them and to me they have a slight touch of warmth to them that I was not expecting at all. Detail retrieval is top notch and as good as anything I've heard so far and with the bass and how low it goes sounds awesome on tracks that can reach down low in the sub-bass.

May 17, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #3,342 of 4,478
I went ahead and ordered the Hedd balanced cable because it's better quality than the cheap Audeze balanced cable I got from Amazon a few years ago, plus I want to hear if there is an audible difference in phase which I'm doubting there is.

May 18, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #3,344 of 4,478
I sold my Focal Utopia and 3 other top end headphones and kept the HEDD. For the money, HEDD beat the Focal Utopia by having a wider soundstage and better bass. The Utopia is more for lovers of a dynamic trebel sound. I like the solid construction of HEDD. Those thick ear pads will never wear out.

May 18, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #3,345 of 4,478
Deutschland Über Alles

IMG_20210518_225520.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back