HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
May 18, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #3,346 of 4,472
I almost got the SPL Phonitor SE but wanted to save some cash and got the Jot2 which I'm very happy with but I'd still love to have one of the Phonitor amps someday.

May 18, 2021 at 11:02 PM Post #3,347 of 4,472
I sold my Focal Utopia and 3 other top end headphones and kept the HEDD. For the money, HEDD beat the Focal Utopia by having a wider soundstage and better bass. The Utopia is more for lovers of a dynamic trebel sound. I like the solid construction of HEDD. Those thick ear pads will never wear out.
Which other high end headphones did you sell besides for the Utopia?

May 19, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #3,350 of 4,472
10.jpg

May 19, 2021 at 4:08 AM Post #3,351 of 4,472
I imagine all bikers are dreaming to find a 700 grams Helmet and drive for hours every day..

1621411603308.png

May 19, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #3,353 of 4,472
Which other high end headphones did you sell besides for the Utopia?
The Grado 1000 (Too much in your face trebel & no bass); Audeze LCD 3 (not enough brightness or trebel); I forget the names right now, but the $4200 Japanese headphone, and the Meze headphone made in Romania. I had all of them, compared them to each other and sold them off one by one, until I kept the HEDD and I also like my ZMF Verite open headphones.

May 19, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #3,354 of 4,472
The Grado 1000 (Too much in your face trebel & no bass); Audeze LCD 3 (not enough brightness or trebel); I forget the names right now, but the $4200 Japanese headphone, and the Meze headphone made in Romania. I had all of them, compared them to each other and sold them off one by one, until I kept the HEDD and I also like my ZMF Verite open headphones.
WoW 🤩
Amazing how a 1900 dollar headphone competes with others more than double the price!!!!
I only have the HEDDphone so I don’t know but I can definitely attest to the fact that they are amazing 🤩🥳

U mention the zmf verite as well.
I’m actually considering getting those and returning my HEDDphone.
How do they compare and if u had to keep one which would it be?

TBH, my main 2 issues with the HEDDphone is 1) at times they could come across sounding very unnatural (which I heard is not the case for the verite) 2) it’s very wide but very little depth (which they say the verite also fixes)
Do u find this to be true?

Last edited:
May 19, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #3,355 of 4,472
What I like about the ZMF Verite is that I purchased 6 different ear pads from ZMF that all change the sound in some way. What I don't like about them is, in my opinion, that they are cheaply constructed for the price. The wood is nice looking, but the screw- in connections from the head band into the wood is cheap and I have already had one side unscrew it self. I am afraid that the hole into the wood will get stripped some day. If you are careful with the ZMF verite headphones, they may be fine. I like the sound they have. HEDD has solid construction. I have purchased $300 upgrade cables for my headphones, and I can tell the difference from the stock cable.

May 19, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #3,356 of 4,472
What I like about the ZMF Verite is that I purchased 6 different ear pads from ZMF that all change the sound in some way. What I don't like about them is, in my opinion, that they are cheaply constructed for the price. The wood is nice looking, but the screw- in connections from the head band into the wood is cheap and I have already had one side unscrew it self. I am afraid that the hole into the wood will get stripped some day. If you are careful with the ZMF verite headphones, they may be fine. I like the sound they have. HEDD has solid construction. I have purchased $300 upgrade cables for my headphones, and I can tell the difference from the stock cable.
Ok 👍🏻
Between the HEDDphone and the verite, which one do u think sounds better?

May 20, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #3,359 of 4,472
I've got used to the weight and even have fallen asleep with them on. They still make the very top of my head a little uncomfortable after a while but if I just move them a few mm forward or back I'm fine.

May 21, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #3,360 of 4,472
Same here, it’s really interesting. I consistently get uncomfortable after the 1 hour mark on the top of my head but readjusting or taking a small break and I’m good to go again. The sound really makes up for it though, these have some unique sound properties that I haven’t heard with other headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back