Dec 29, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #3,076 of 4,475
I drive the HEDDphone with an E12.

Note 9 + Neutron + E12 👍

IMG-20201229-WA0002.jpg

Dec 29, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #3,077 of 4,475
Holy...😳👍
Screenshot_20201229-191438_Neutron Player.jpg

Dec 29, 2020 at 7:16 PM Post #3,078 of 4,475
So how far below the Susvara in Sq would you rate the HEDD?
Knowing quite well how much better than my HEKV2 the Susvara is, where in your opinion would the HEDD be?
On par with the HEKV2 or clearly better and more resolving from bottom to top?
There´s pair for sale second hand that are tempting me a bit. Cheers CC

A full tier ... honestly, with a front end that is up to the task the Susvara is a top 3 headphone on the planet to my ears. While I still hold the HEDD in high regard (and prefer it to the HD800), I still prefer the HEKV2 to it too.

Cheers!

Dec 29, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #3,079 of 4,475
... While I still hold the HEDD in high regard (and prefer it to the HD800), I still prefer the HEKV2 to it too...
And THAT's why they run the horse race -- differences of opinion. :)

I have no experience with Susvara. But I do own HEKse & Hedd, and owned HEKv2 prior to trading up to HEKse.

Overall, would say that HEKse is superior to Hedd in terms of neutrality and detail, and they have a more open headstage. But Hedd gets the nod for bass and overall impact. They also emphasize vocals and bring them a bit more forward. While HEKse (and HEKv2 even more so) sound open and airy, they also seem 'thinner' than Hedd. When I want to hear nuance and detail, I reach for HEKse. But when listening to much of my favorite rock music, I prefer Hedd's fuller, more powerful sound.

Consider The Clash 'London Calling' (title track). Strummer's voice should be yelling/shouting/screaming at you, and it does from Hedd. By comparison, HEKse portrays a polite assistant with a cultured British accent saying 'Sir, I have London Calling, shall I put them through?' Similar feeling about Jethro Tull's 'My God' from Aqualung.

So I guess I can't say that I consistently prefer one over the other -- depends on my mood and the material I'm listening to. Really, I enjoy them both very much and find them complimentary.

Of course ... my ears/your ears!

Dec 30, 2020 at 7:35 AM Post #3,080 of 4,475
A full tier ... honestly, with a front end that is up to the task the Susvara is a top 3 headphone on the planet to my ears. While I still hold the HEDD in high regard (and prefer it to the HD800), I still prefer the HEKV2 to it too.

Cheers!
Thanks, I will stick to my HEKV2 until I get a chance to audition the HEDD.
I have both the HD800 and HEKV2 and my pecking order for them is the same as yours.
And yes Susvara with DAVE/HMS and a high quality headphone amp like the Woo a33 or similar is about as good and realistic as I have ever heard digital recordings sound via headphones. I have compared Survara directly to my HEKV2 and it was a bit difficult to go back to HEKV2 but I was not willing to pay the price asked.
Cheers and Happy New Year CC.

Dec 30, 2020 at 6:34 PM Post #3,081 of 4,475
Anybody also have Elegia? Does it disappoint after listening to HEDDphone? I realise soundstage might be worse, but what about the rest?
I realised that HEDDphone is not really for me, and want a quality closed headphone instead. I find it bright and lacking in low end. I just don't hear my bass guitars clear enough. EQ kinda fixes that but still I find low end disappointing :frowning2:

Dec 31, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #3,082 of 4,475
A good Amarone, better than any EQ 😁👍

PSX_20201231_181358.jpg

Dec 31, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #3,083 of 4,475
nah man, anytime I drink ethanol I feel it poisoning my body, cannabis is way preferred

Dec 31, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #3,084 of 4,475
As always, it's a matter of dosage.
Weed is too dangerous for me.
I have spent 10 years of my life "intoxicated" by White Widdow...😬

Jan 1, 2021 at 12:57 AM Post #3,085 of 4,475
Thanks, I will stick to my HEKV2 until I get a chance to audition the HEDD.
I have both the HD800 and HEKV2 and my pecking order for them is the same as yours.
And yes Susvara with DAVE/HMS and a high quality headphone amp like the Woo a33 or similar is about as good and realistic as I have ever heard digital recordings sound via headphones. I have compared Survara directly to my HEKV2 and it was a bit difficult to go back to HEKV2 but I was not willing to pay the price asked.
Cheers and Happy New Year CC.
Christer, I’ve only heard the Susvara’s once, and they were very clean sounding, and maybe a bit too smooth? You should audition the HEDD. They are very different - much like a speaker visceral presentation. Depending on what you are looking for, you may like them. Listening now through mTT2 and enjoying very much.

Happy New Year!

Jan 2, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #3,086 of 4,475
Jan 2, 2021 at 6:05 PM Post #3,087 of 4,475
hard to believe. lately I could swear to hear a peak at 1khz. and now i see that...
Anyway, tomorrow I will try his EQ settings.
But hard to believe that increase the Bass at 40-50hz for 7dB is meaningful and sound enhancing...

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2021 at 7:00 PM Post #3,088 of 4,475
...delte pls

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2021 at 1:45 AM Post #3,089 of 4,475
...but his settings are sounding awesome...😳👌

20210103_073539.jpg

Jan 3, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #3,090 of 4,475
And for me that Parametric EQ just sounds awful.

Some of you blindly copying that PEQ actually realizing amirm ist just posting his opinion?
"I like harman curve and this does match/match not harman curve and that's why i like/dislike it".
This is basically 80 % of the review.

Just as thousand have done before (as others and myself).
Oratory has a real review; not only posting the frequency graph but actually talking about the headphone itself, how it sounds (what does the developers intended) and what the EQ change actually does.

Just don't blindly copy that -5 db at ~700 Hz Q 3.5. It makes the voices hollow and most instruments sound plasticky.
Every diaphragm measures differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back