HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Mar 25, 2020 at 7:27 PM Post #1,516 of 4,472
During the hype phase. And then in the next phase, flaws comes out, and then people sells off the headphones, and move onto the next flava of the month. And repeat. It's the circle of audiofool life.
Yes. At the beginning we are so in awe of the strong points that we overlook the weak ones. Then when the novelty wears off, out come the flaws.

Mar 25, 2020 at 8:29 PM Post #1,517 of 4,472
So with Metallica ("Master of Puppets") finally coming to streaming, tonight I sat down with these amazing Heddphones, and my Benchmark HPA4 and DAVE combination and rocked out. Confirmation...check...these headphones rock! :L3000:

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2020 at 3:33 AM Post #1,519 of 4,472
My suggestion to solve the TOTL headphone problem once and for all:

As can be seen in the case of Coronavirus, private users donate their CPU/GPU power to folding@home to analyse the virus and find a cure/vaccine. Additionally states and companies donate supercomputers and this results in petaflops of computing power available to the cause. If only the audiophile community would donate their idle CPU/GPU power, then - with the correct mathematical model - we could compute billions of headphone permutations and ears shapes (HRTF models) to find the closest approximation to the perfect on-ear, over-ear and in-ear headphones. Maybe the simulation would even result in a new type of headphone construction hitherto unknown.

Sound crazy? I think it's the least we should do, if we really are enthusiasts :)

Mar 26, 2020 at 3:49 AM Post #1,520 of 4,472
My suggestion to solve the TOTL headphone problem once and for all:

As can be seen in the case of Coronavirus, private users donate their CPU/GPU power to folding@home to analyse the virus and find a cure/vaccine. Additionally states and companies donate supercomputers and this results in petaflops of computing power available to the cause. If only the audiophile community would donate their idle CPU/GPU power, then - with the correct mathematical model - we could compute billions of headphone permutations and ears shapes (HRTF models) to find the closest approximation to the perfect on-ear, over-ear and in-ear headphones. Maybe the simulation would even result in a new type of headphone construction hitherto unknown.

Sound crazy? I think it's the least we should do, if we really are enthusiasts :)
Reality check , you can't solve it. There is nothing to solve. The ability to enjoy MUSIC has been achieved 50 years ago. The issue is human thinking which always scans to find danger and problems then humans entertains itself trying to solve what has already been solved. Plus add businesses , employment , profits which tickles human minds into making a want into a need.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #1,521 of 4,472
Reality check , you can't solve it. There is nothing to solve. The ability to enjoy MUSIC has been achieved 50 years ago. The issue is human thinking which always scans to find danger and problems then humans entertains itself trying to solve what has already been solved. Plus add businesses , employment , profits which tickles human minds into making a want into a need.
A very good and attentive reply.

Mar 26, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #1,522 of 4,472
Yep. It would be like trying to find the perfect seat at a concert that has different bands and a rotating stage.

Mar 26, 2020 at 8:27 PM Post #1,524 of 4,472
I think that the delay in the shipment (mine) of the next batch of headphones is because Hedd has temporarily shut down in Germany by the Coronavirus epidemic.
How long have you been waiting?

Mar 27, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #1,526 of 4,472
can you get tp? You expect hp? Or audio in general.? i Wouldn’t order any products unless you are sure you have the money and an essential service job, or the inventory is in stock. Do not make deposits even through a credit card. There’s nongaurentee the retailer will survive nor the manufacturer and credit card companies excluding most excellent amex, have no interest in refund process and expect you to claim in court with the retailer. It’s brutal.

Mar 27, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #1,528 of 4,472
can you get tp? You expect hp? Or audio in general.? i Wouldn’t order any products unless you are sure you have the money and an essential service job, or the inventory is in stock. Do not make deposits even through a credit card. There’s nongaurentee the retailer will survive nor the manufacturer and credit card companies excluding most excellent amex, have no interest in refund process and expect you to claim in court with the retailer. It’s brutal.

Yep I fully agree. At this point with the shaky economy. I would not order anything that required me to put money upfront and wait for product that is not in stock. If I have to wait then I will only do so with either a small deposit or no deposit. My HEDD order did not require me to pay a cent.
I ordered the headphones exactly 2 months ago today

Wow, didn’t think they were that back ordered. Now with any work stoppage due to the Covid quarantine, that may add even more weeks or months to the wait.

Mar 27, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #1,530 of 4,472
Same in France .. already paid and waiting for a few weeks now to get it.
My local reseller got one 10 days ago for a former custumer .. and 18th of March, he got a mail from heddphone with this

"
Hi Pxxxx

We just received the first parts and headphone production starts again
:-)

Best,

Stephan"

So, I imagine there should some new delivery soon again ...
On my side, I just hope France will be delivered before oversea countries :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back